Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    That's what made this so funny. It's total Dufnering. He didn't jack the club 2 fairways over or into a lake. No, he tapped in for double bogey and said, "fuck this shit, I'm outta here" and dropped the putter like it was cursed.
    I still call it The Jake.

Stock Watch: Bryan looks legit; Dufner like a jabroni.

Each week on GolfChannel.com, we’ll examine which players’ stocks and trends are rising and falling in the world of golf.

RISING

Wes Bryan (+8%): And to think, just a few years ago, some questioned if the trick-shot artist could actually play at a high level. Web.com Tour Player of the Year … instant promotion to the big leagues … and now a PGA Tour winner, in just 14 starts. Yeah, he can play.

Edoardo Molinari (+5%): It’s been seven years since the Italian last won a tournament, falling on hard times with injuries and poor play and needing two trips to Q-School in the past few years. The Trophee Hassan II was a much-needed lifeline.

Cristie Kerr (+4%): Ancient by today’s LPGA standards, the 39-year-old American is as feisty as ever, chasing down the leaders with a flawless 62-66 closing stretch that earned her a 19th title.

Bernhard Langer (+3%): This exemplifies why he’s an all-timer: A day after ending a streak of 36 consecutive rounds of par or better, Langer worked tirelessly on the range, straightened out his ball-striking and shot the low round of the day, a 65, to finish second at the Champions event.

Scrambling (+2%): Bryan and Luke Donald, Nos. 1-2 on the leaderboard, hit only 56 and 57 percent (!) of the greens, respectively, at Harbour Town. Practice your short game, kids.

FALLING

#SB2K17 (-1%): Gonna need to see something new next year – keg stands, a tropical storm, maybe a Phil cameo – or we’re officially out on this.

Graham DeLaet (-2%): Strong ball-striker, and a vastly improved putter, but his yippy chipping and pitching remains too big of a liability. He converted only 50 percent (6 of 12) of his scrambling opportunities last week, and with a bunched leaderboard those are precious strokes to save.

Poults (-3%): Not sure there’s a course on which we’d least want to play for our Tour card than the excessively difficult TPC San Antonio. Poulter likely needs a top-35 to bank the necessary $30K to satisfy his major medical.

Lydia’s changes (-5%): Even after a season-best second-place finish at the Lotte, the world No. 1 continues to tinker, dumping her caddie after only nine events. Whatever the reason for the myriad changes – the pursuit of unattainable perfection, immaturity, too much parental influence – it’s alarming.

Jason Dufner (-7%): Even when you putt as poorly as Dufner, it’s no excuse for acting like a miserable jabroni and leaving your caddie to pick up your mess. If that’s not conduct unbecoming of a professional, what is?

more back surgery for tiger

Hang it up dude.

Get back on the strange train.

Make comeback.

Profit.

Tiger should become swing guru; he sure learned all the different theories

he's toast:

The anterior lumbar interbody fusion was performed by Dr. Richard Guyer of the Center for Disc Replacement at the Texas Back Institute.

According to Woods' website, the latest surgery was performed because the bottom lower-back disk had severely narrowed because of previous herniations and surgeries. Conservative therapy, which included rehabilitation, medications and limiting activities, failed as a permanent solution, and Woods opted to have surgery.

The minimally invasive procedure, according to the website, entailed removing the damaged disk and re-elevating the collapsed disk space to normal levels. The goal is to relieve the pressure on the nerve and to give the nerve the best chance of healing.

I agree he's done... but if by some miracle this procedure alleviated the pain and he was able to come back and be competitive it would be amazing. Still holding out a very very very thin sliver of hope.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Outside of Dave Duvall I'm at a loss to think of anyone else in modern golf to just kind of abruptly drop off the top of the game like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Outside of Dave Duvall I'm at a loss to think of anyone else in modern golf to just kind of abruptly drop off the top of the game like this.
    Baker-Finch
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Anthony Kim

Luke Donald

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Anthony Kim
    I wonder how well he can actually play currently. There are rumors that he can play well but not confident enough to risk it. His whole situation with that massive insurance deal (like 15 million or something) is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I wonder how well he can actually play currently. There are rumors that he can play well but not confident enough to risk it. His whole situation with that massive insurance deal (like 15 million or something) is interesting.
    Kim had multiple surgeries and hasn't been on tour since 2012. The interesting articles musing about a potential comeback versus the insurance payout were a few years back. I think he's moved on. Dude lit it up there for a while though...

Would be interesting to sort out pure head cases from primarily injury guys. It's usually a mixture, but I'd put Tiger in the mostly injury category - he won 5 tourneys and was POY in 2013.

This could get a lot uglier

“We have been inundated with emails, comments and letters from people expressing their outrage, and not only their disappointment but disgust over what happened,” Kreusler said. “At this point, I think, on behalf of Lexi, we are entitled to have a true and transparent accounting of what happened, by that I mean all the information behind how this occurred, ranging from whether this was actually a viewer, where they were from, why there was a delay (in reporting), where the email was actually sent to, who received it, and on down the line.

“I’m looking for that information not only on Lexi’s behalf, but on behalf of the entire field, every player that was in that tournament and will play in future tournaments, because this could have happened to anyone.

“The field and all of the LPGA players are deserving of knowing exactly how the email happened, who was responsible, so we can make sure it was an honest, fair and equitable playing field for all. Unfortunately, I don’t have that feeling right now and there are an awful lot of people out there who feel exactly the same way.”

Weeks later, Lexi ruling still a heated topic http://www.golfchannel.com/news/rand...-heated-topic/

Màybe with a whistleblower

“We all want to know who it was,” Kerr said. “That’s the bigger story here. It’s relevant who it’s coming from.”

Why?

There’s an element of golf that sees viewer intervention adding to the nobility of the game, to making sure any rule violation is addressed.

But players see something potentially sinister exposed about armchair refereeing in the way the Thompson ruling came down.

What if a “viewer” is actually another player or caddie, or a parent of a player, or a friend of a player? And what if a “viewer” with a vested interest sees an infraction in an early round but holds on to the information until the final round, waiting to see if reporting the infraction would assist a player whom the viewer favors? By holding on to the information, the “viewer” knows he could inflict the most possible harm by waiting until after the player signs her scorecard.

While actual rules officials have ethical duties to the field, armchair referees do not. They can selectively report, or not report, violations they witness.

If a viewer with a grudge focuses on monitoring just a single player, is the honorable game as honorable allowing that?

“They definitely aren’t going to release this viewer’s name,” Lincicome said. “It’s probably some guy living at home with his mother, sitting at his computer watching. But you don’t know. It’s another reason this is so ridiculous and they need to stop allowing viewers to call in.”

Kerr sees a problem with the motivation viewers may have.

“A person could withhold the information until after a player signs her scorecard,” Kerr said. “What if it’s an agent, or a friend of a friend of the winner? I’m not saying that happened, not at all, but it could happen, where it’s somebody biased toward one of the players on the leaderboard.

“It’s another reason you would like to know who the viewer is. This is too big a story not to know who it is.”

Who is the viewer who reported Thompson’s violation?

GolfChannel.com asked the LPGA for the viewer’s name but was denied the request.

Why? LPGA chief of tour operations Heather Daly-Donofrio said it was tour policy not to divulge viewer emails.

GolfChannel.com asked Daly-Donofrio if the tour verified the identity of the viewer who emailed the infraction.

“We have verified who the person is,” Daly-Donofrio said. “I can tell you with complete certainty that it wasn’t a player, it wasn’t a caddie, and it wasn’t anybody related to anybody that I know connected with the tour in any way.”

Here's the thing about the Lexi situation...

2 strokes for the violation... okay, it's bullshit... but whatever.

But the extra 2 strokes for the scorecard part is what rubs me the wrong way. That's just stupid. And she would have won outright.

Can you imagine this in any other sport? No, because as dumb as they are, they aren't THAT dumb.

poulter loses his card

i had no idea some players used their coaches as their caddies. that would be an interesting dynamic in competition.

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    poulter loses his card
    That's nuts. He was first page of the leaderboard at Harbour Town last Saturday.

Stevie Wonder rocked Rory's wedding last weekend.

that's kinda cool.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

That whole bash looked insane.

Wonder how Caroline Wozniacki felt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That whole bash looked insane.

Wonder how Caroline Wozniacki felt about it.
    Wozniacki felt "Schmoopie!" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2BFXa4CNyEk

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    poulter loses his card
    That tour card business is brutal sometimes. I just read Tiger's book about the 97 masters and it was interesting to read that one of the things he was most excited about almost as much as, you know, winning the Masters, was that it granted him a 10 year exemption on the PGA Tour (since 1999 it's been reduced to 5 years). Mostly that guys would get injured and the medical exemption can be kind of limited and next thing you know you have to qualify for events. It's kind of something guys on tour don't talk about a lot. And it can be really tough to earn it back when you have to grind just to get into each tournament.

Poults will be fine. His major medical exemption ended, so he needs to just get back in gear. He has enough sponsor exemptions that he might just play back on with a win.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Mau View Post
    We don't need to worry about Ian... I think he's going to be OK.

Here's a couple photos of just some of his cars outside his 10,000 sq. ft. Florida home.

Attachment 204952

Attachment 204953

Story here and here.
    Why is it rich people have the worst taste in architecture? 🤢