Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast
    Luke Donald turning back the clock ~6 years in Harbor Town. He's at -10.

Duf had a great round today too. -4.

Nice leaderboard heading into the weekend for sure.
    I still call it The Jake.

wesley bryan is an amazing story. trick shot vids to 3 web.com wins to 3 top 10s on the pga

2017 PGA TOUR THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Please no. We have a forum for that.

We got our collective panties in a bunch when W played golf then completely forgot about it when O logged more rounds then any president before him.

Unless it's about how miserable their swings are, who gives a shit.
    I agree it's not the place for politics but you are wrong. Obama played 306 rounds. That's a lot. Just over 38 per year. He's a little behind the 800 plus rounds of Eisenhower or the estimated 1200 plus rounds of Woodrow Wilson. Trump is well on his way to beating Obama. Last informed guess I saw was 17 rounds so far in less than three months. And those are only the ones there is some knowledge of. Sure he'll get a few more this weekend in between potential North Korean nuclear and/or ballistic missile tests. Guarantee that fat fuck cheats all the time as well.

This says Obama played 333 rounds - http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf...ds-golf-potus/

I don't think there's anything wrong with a President playing a fair amount of golf. It makes you slow down and think about things, kind of like outdoor therapy. The only issue I have with Trump playing so much is that it's at the beginning of his Presidency when he should be busy - there's still a lot of basic tasks he hasn't bothered with like appointing ambassadors, etc. They note in the article that Obama played most of his golf during his second term.

Funny to see Padraig Harrington rip Sergio for not practicing at times. Harrington is the opposite to the point that it's been detrimental to his game - after winning three majors why change up your swing? He can barely make a cut these days and just comes off as a little bitter. He may have the majors but beyond that Sergio has at least a dozen or more career victories.

Duf had a great round today too. -4.

Nice leaderboard heading into the weekend for sure.
    Dufner lapping field today at -6

Duf's round was insane.

3 bogeys, a birdie, and 2 freakin eagles on the front 9.

How's he finish that off?

Calm the nerves and close out with 4 birds.

Dude was ice out there today.

After Easter festivities I'm looking forward to heading over to hopefully follow him home to win the plaid jacket.

the networks could solve a lot of the call in problem if they quit doing hd closeups of the process. zoom in to show the lie before the player does anything and then zoom out and show him doing his job. i don't need a closeup of him moving things or see whether he grounds his club in the bunker on 2 grains of sand. it wouldn't stop everything but some of it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

I don't think there's anything wrong with a President playing a fair amount of golf.
    Private golf courses are already somewhat secure. It's relatively easy to secure a golf course vs something like a ski resort.

Christie Kerr on fire for two days. Walking in ten footers all day long. Another pro using the PXG unsponsored.

wish dufner would get his weight down again. it sucks that the trauma of his divorce probably had something to do with the initial weight loss but he looked a lot healthier.

jesus donald brutalized the par 5 second -- the easiest hole -- for a 7. tee shot out of bounds, couldn't get on the green in 2, his fifth shot was unbelievably bad. and he still shot 68 and lost by a stroke.

dufner: 68-67-65-76

Quote Originally Posted by wyeaster View Post
    dufner: 68-67-65-76
    Saw Duf miss a few short putts walk on and he went head case...

watching some of the replay. he missed a putt and finished the hole off and then just dropped the putter at the hole. not a good look.

That was an incredible trunk-slammer of a round by Duf.

Looked like he just wanted to grab his ham sandwich at the turn and get the hell out of there.

Fwiw I thought the putter drop was hilarious.

She hasn't turned pro yet, but you heard it here first folks: Leona McGuire. Irish lass crushing it at Duke right now.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Fwiw I thought the putter drop was hilarious.
    i can see why people would but i thought it was unsportsmanlike and disrespectful to his caddy.

i can see why people would but i thought it was unsportsmanlike and disrespectful to his caddy.
    Not really, TV is just a different perspective of the stage.
    wry smile and a fist bump later, all is good.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

i don't recall seeing a pga golfer dropping his putter at the hole and letting his caddie come get it. i'm sure a fist bump and 10% smoothes a lot out

i don't recall seeing a pga golfer dropping his putter at the hole and letting his caddie come get it. i'm sure a fist bump and 10% smoothes a lot out
    hahaha....caddies are notoriously treated badly historical and today it is certainly different, but the culture of the caddie being the emotional punching bag still exists....hahaha......throwing clubs and leaving a trail of clean up after a hole is certainly a luxury....hahaha funny game for sure.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Dude, this is Duf. He's saying fuck this hole, I'm outta here.

It's his equivalent of "fuck it Dude, let's go bowlin".

This is a tv perspective problem. No one I talked to Sunday had or saw an issue with it because of his mannerisms and it's just how he is.

Caddy had to put the flag in. No big deal. Everything is not a drama.

nobody said it was a drama but you keep vigilant there 4matic.

2017 PGA TOUR THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    hahaha....caddies are notoriously treated badly historical and today it is certainly different, but the culture of the caddie being the emotional punching bag still exists....hahaha......throwing clubs and leaving a trail of clean up after a hole is certainly a luxury....hahaha funny game for sure.
    Oh yeah, sometimes it's hilarious that the caddies clean up after an angry player. Was once at Riviera for the LA Open and saw Craig Stadler fan a 7-iron. He got so mad that he tomahawked the club 4 inches deep into the dead center of the fairway. Wonder how many caddies that dude had...

Edit: turns out Stadler had Jeff Dolf on his bag for over 28 years. Dude must have stories...
    Last edited by 54-46; 04-18-2017 at 10:17 AM.