Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wtf is going on with clothing fits and sizes?

I ordered some new RL khakis and shirts that were on sale in the same size and style I had ordered a couple years ago, and its all goddamn metrosexual tight now, and the pants are so low cut that if I didn't wear underwear my asscrack would show.

Then I go try on some new ski pants this year and everything fits like a giant goddamn potato sack and has 5 pockets on the legs. What the hell do they think people carry in these things?

Where's Wooley? I need answers. I refuse to buy another item of clothing until this gets straightened out.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    FlyLow hates boobies
    But they must love people with edema in their legs. You can fit two normal size legs in one leg of the chemical pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    But they must love people with edema in their legs. You can fit two normal size legs in one leg of the chemical pants.
    I believe the term is Steeze

I ordered some new RL khakis and shirts that were on sale in the same size and style I had ordered a couple years ago, and its all goddamn metrosexual tight now, and the pants are so low cut that if I didn't wear underwear my asscrack would show.

Then I go try on some new ski pants this year and everything fits like a giant goddamn potato sack and has 5 pockets on the legs. What the hell do they think people carry in these things?

Where's Wooley? I need answers. I refuse to buy another item of clothing until this gets straightened out.
    Personally I couldn't be happier that most brands I wear have realized that tailored is a better look than baggy/sloppy and those that weren't already of that style now offer a slim cut for their items. It's not the 90s anymore and XXXL shirts and baggy jeans make you look like a damned hobo.

I'm with you on the ski pants. And cargo pants in general. Who's bright idea was it to sew 4 fanny packs to each leg of your pants?
    I still call it The Jake.

I fit from size 4 to 8, small to medium.
    You never know how they'd fit unless try.

Jeans are the worst.
    I think this is just the evolution of things. Women have put up with this shit for years, now it's our turn.
    I can wear a 32-34 waist, depending on brand, and sometimes style within brand.
    A 32 leg can require no hemming, or it can need 1" brought up, depending on brand.

The jeans though. Jeans should fit like jeans. I don't need to feel like they are so low cut that I might be flashing man cleavage.
    My wife has always stated that fashion is not comfortable. I think they apply that to men's clothing now.
    I must own 6 pairs of jeans, 2 of which I will wear regularly. The rest are just every once in a while for a dinner or special event.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find synthetic v neck sweaters I can tuck into my pants, bow ties, and pants that end four inches above my ankles.

(It is annoying when the same size of Levi's 501 jeans fit differently depending on where I buy them--they apparently are made in different countries depending on what mass retailer they're intended for.)

What I don't get is this whole skinny jean and "tailored" thing at the same time there's, like, a zillion fat people in the world, and rising.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    What I don't get is this whole skinny jean and "tailored" thing at the same time there's, like, a zillion fat people in the world, and rising.
    They still have the ability to shop at Wal Mart and Bobs Big and Tall.

Maybe it's aspirational?

Maybe it's to help people who don't want to look like baggy slobs actually look good?

Lots of questions here Benny, I look forward to your hot take.

I get the same ire with shoe sizes. My running shoes are a men's 11. My tennies are an 8.5.

How about instead of sizes like "large", "medium", "10", etc we just use MEASUREMENTS ffs.

"These shoes are 27cm length, 12cm width at the forefoot, 7cm width at the heel"

etc. you still might need to try things on, but at least the numbers mean something independent of brand/model.

I realize the jeans thing tries to do that, but then how come jeans are different sizes, as you point out. Use a goddamn measurement. This whole vanity-sizing "well I don't want to be a large" shit needs to die also. If your waist is x cm around, that's how many cm around it is, whether that makes you feel shitty or not.

As your next president I will right these grave wrongs

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Personally I couldn't be happier that most brands I wear have realized that tailored is a better look than baggy/sloppy and those that weren't already of that style now offer a slim cut for their items. It's not the 90s anymore and XXXL shirts and baggy jeans make you look like a damned hobo.

I'm with you on the ski pants. And cargo pants in general. Who's bright idea was it to sew 4 fanny packs to each leg of your pants?
    I'm not lamenting the loss of the MC Hammer look or what passes for oversize fashion at Walmart, or whatever Pio wears. This is Ralph Lauren. I don't have Popeye forearms but I feel like I'm gonna bust through the seams when I make a fist and howl at the moon later. Dudes that fit this stuff must be dainty or Kenyan marathoners. I'd just like the old regular cut back not slim fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    You have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They still have the ability to shop at Wal Mart and Bobs Big and Tall.

Maybe it's aspirational?

Maybe it's to help people who don't want to look like baggy slobs actually look good?

Lots of questions here Benny, I look forward to your hot take.

Ain't nothing worse than some 30 lb overweight middle age dude in the gym wearing an Under Armor tight shirt. There oughta be a law.

You must have skinny legs. I have some Chemical pants and they fit me like a pair of Carhartts or 501s. No I'm not fat and don't have edema.

it's like the Chinese 6 man raft which barely holds 3 Americans (I have one of those).

With outsourced mfg, the sizing is all over the place. Sometimes I have to size up 2x to get a decent fit.

Ain't nothing worse than some 30 lb overweight middle age dude in the gym wearing an Under Armor tight shirt. There oughta be a law.
    Especially cuz the shirt invariably has blue camo or a tiger face or some insane nonsense on it. Get fierce brah!

Just ordered a few pair of jeans that looked like "regular" fit and they came fitting like those damn skinny jeans. Wtf is wrong with fashion people? Going back to Levi's until this fad goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find synthetic v neck sweaters I can tuck into my pants, bow ties, and pants that end four inches above my ankles.

(It is annoying when the same size of Levi's 501 jeans fit differently depending on where I buy them--they apparently are made in different countries depending on what mass retailer they're intended for.)
    You can thank the almighty WalMart for that shit...they put Levis production right out of the US very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Just ordered a few pair of jeans that looked like "regular" fit and they came fitting like those damn skinny jeans. Wtf is wrong with fashion people? Going back to Levi's until this fad goes away.
    Yeah, Boot Fit= bell bottoms, Regular Fit= skinny, Skinny= God knows what (yoga pants I guess).
    I have found that the Relaxed Fit usually does me right.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    Carhartts or 501s.
    Speaking of the PNW tuxedo, wtf is up with carhartts? For years I just bought them off the shelf, same size, no need to try on. Now it seems that no two pair are alike.

As for levi 501s they just keep getting bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    Speaking of the PNW tuxedo, wtf is up with carhartts? For years I just bought them off the shelf, same size, no need to try on. Now it seems that no two pair are alike.

As for levi 501s they just keep getting bigger.

This is why I only buy Carhartt/Key/Dickies or Levi's 501s locally and try them on before I buy them. I have to buy one size larger waist or I can't get them over my thighs and ass, can't wear them without a belt or they slide down. Seems to me that 501s are more consistent in sizing that Carhartt these days.

The guy who just came out with a whole line of "no tuck in shirts" is going to make a fortune on all the guys who can no longer pull off a tucked in shirt and belt.
    Gravity Junkie

32-30 still the same as itever was

https://ca.video.search.yahoo.com/se...b&action=click

a statement ^^^on current fashion
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    I get the same ire with shoe sizes. My running shoes are a men's 11. My tennies are an 8.5.

How about instead of sizes like "large", "medium", "10", etc we just use MEASUREMENTS ffs.

"These shoes are 27cm length, 12cm width at the forefoot, 7cm width at the heel"

etc. you still might need to try things on, but at least the numbers mean something independent of brand/model.

I realize the jeans thing tries to do that, but then how come jeans are different sizes, as you point out. Use a goddamn measurement. This whole vanity-sizing "well I don't want to be a large" shit needs to die also. If your waist is x cm around, that's how many cm around it is, whether that makes you feel shitty or not.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1480447688.494244.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  53.7 KB

Manatee grey.

teeheehee
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Someone in the colorways department was laughing their ass off as they made that one up.