Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Mammoth 16/17

What lifts did they run this weekend? I know 1,2,3,5 & 23 spun on Friday, but did not check on Saturday.

Any one care to project snow coverage and lift ops for two weeks from now Saturday 17th?

About to book lodging so we can ski on Fathers Day. Hoping at at least 2 is still spinning for the 6yr old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    What lifts did they run this weekend? I know 1,2,3,5 & 23 spun on Friday, but did not check on Saturday.

Any one care to project snow coverage and lift ops for two weeks from now Saturday 17th?

About to book lodging so we can ski on Fathers Day. Hoping at at least 2 is still spinning for the 6yr old.
    Ott, do you need bring a friend tickets? I'm not sure if they still work, but during the regular season they will get you half off. I have plenty left and can send you the link if you wish.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Ott, do you need bring a friend tickets? I'm not sure if they still work, but during the regular season they will get you half off. I have plenty left and can send you the link if you wish.
    They (BAF tickets) still worked during Memorial Day. Kids ski free the rest of the season as well.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Asked at ticket window and BAF rate this past Saturday was $45

Still deep snow at the base of 2 last week, so I suspect it will run for a few more weeks. Still an amazing amount of snow all around the mountain .

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

What are the chances of getting a campsite at Shady Rest on the weekend, like showing up Fri night?

Yo nevada.... go camp out at the hot tubs..... go to the lil church on 395 near the airport... go down the road and directly after the 3rd cattle guard on the road make a direct right onto the dirt road.... thank me later.

Likely good, I don't think the motocross is until the following weekend. Also depends on how much of the camp ground is open.

You can also free camp.on the senic road about 1/2 mile of 203.
    Last edited by hutash; 06-09-2017 at 08:40 AM.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    What are the chances of getting a campsite at Shady Rest on the weekend, like showing up Fri night?
    Might be a bit better than normal as I do not believe they are taking reservations this year.

Wife and I went in on a Sat night two weeks ago and there were a fair number of spots available.

Yep, its first come first served according to the website. I like the idea of free camping, but probably no water at those camp sites off the scenic loop or hot springs? I guess I can always grab a shower and fill up at Shady on the way out of town.

There are pay showers at Mammoth RV park across the street from Shady Rest if the need arises.

iscariot

Are they going to be open weekdays all month? Never been to Mammoth. Hoping to make it down around the 19-21st or so.

Skied Mammoth last Tuesday. Only skied there once before in winter. Man what a great spring resort.

Did the east side trifecta of fly fishing the upper O, mountain biking Lower Rock Creek Canyon and skiing Mammoth. What an epic playground that area is!

I do have a question for the Mammoth regulars. Anyone know the deal with the dude in the mountain man get-up with the wild hair, assless chaps, spurs on his ski boots and lip stick. He has to be a known local. That cat was on fire on the patio of the main lodge. He was killing us!

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Skied Mammoth last Tuesday. Only skied there once before in winter. Man what a great spring resort.

Did the east side trifecta of fly fishing the upper O, mountain biking Lower Rock Creek Canyon and skiing Mammoth. What an epic playground that area is!

I do have a question for the Mammoth regulars. Anyone know the deal with the dude in the mountain man get-up with the wild hair, assless chaps, spurs on his ski boots and lip stick. He has to be a known local. That cat was on fire on the patio of the main lodge. He was killing us!
    Sounds like the chicken man (AKA cowboy, AKA fuckin' weirdo) from South Lake. He skis Heavenly every day of the season. Tries to keep up with the FaceRats.

This fellow...

https://www.instagram.com/p/yDQXjJC1mT/

What's the best ski boot for 40% inbounds, 40% touring and 20% horse riding?

Mammoth 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Next year's Tecnica Desperado Pro 130 - has swappable soles that include built in spurs and extra toe grip for the saddle. Also shit proof with new sensiclean tech.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Are they going to be open weekdays all month? Never been to Mammoth. Hoping to make it down around the 19-21st or so.
    Yes, lifts will depend on coverage and maintenance schedules. 1, 3, and 23 (+/- lower/upper gondi daily), maybe 5, 4 and 10 (less likely on weekdays.) 2 will likely run daily for awhile yet (until the bottom melts out.)

I will likely be skiing the 19th and 20th (if I'm not climbing) if you want a tour guide.

iscariot

Looks like 1,2,3, 6, 23 for tomorrow. I imagine that is it until the Gondi is back up the 23 shuts down. To bad. 4,5,10 would have been awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Duh.

The red ones clip into your bike pedals
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Sounds like the chicken man (AKA cowboy, AKA fuckin' weirdo) from South Lake. He skis Heavenly every day of the season. Tries to keep up with the FaceRats.

This fellow...

https://www.instagram.com/p/yDQXjJC1mT/
    That's the dude!

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    That's the dude!
    SO good to hear he migrated south for the summer. Maybe he'll stay...

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    They (BAF tickets) still worked during Memorial Day. Kids ski free the rest of the season as well.
    I think we are good. My son and I have our season passes from KW, which get us 50% of window. My wife left her's up in a pocket in a closet at KW, but I have one BAF from Hutash that I think is still good. Thanks for the offer, and if I need one, I'll PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I think we are good. My son and I have our season passes from KW, which get us 50% of window. My wife left her's up in a pocket in a closet at KW, but I have one BAF from Hutash that I think is still good. Thanks for the offer, and if I need one, I'll PM.
    I've got some BAF's too, if you need.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

^^^^funny. I meant to quote and respond to your post but somehow click Comish's. Thanks.

Don't forget kids 12 and under are free this summer.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.