Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Anyone gonna be around on Friday? Considering a day trip from KW. Vail will not allow skis on the lift. Figure I can ski Mammy then hike the Cirque on Saturday morning and ski down for the beerBQ

Planning to ski the resort on 4th of July, maybe one other half day over the long weekend. Anyone else?

I will be skiing Mammoth on the fourth, likely climbing/touring Sunday and Monday.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Looking like the 4th for me. Saturday didn't happen family in town.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I'm going. Taking my summer cold with me.

Well that was fun

Was gonna try to make a trip out for my birthday but lifts now close at noon. Bummer. Too early of a close to make the 5 plus hour trek. It would be nice if one could lap the upper gondi only from noon till 2, as it runs till 4:30. Oh well. Good while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Was gonna try to make a trip out for my birthday but lifts now close at noon. Bummer. Too early of a close to make the 5 plus hour trek. It would be nice if one could lap the upper gondi only from noon till 2, as it runs till 4:30. Oh well. Good while it lasted.
    They open at 7:30. 4.5 hours is plenty of time to ski everything that is open at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    They open at 7:30. 4.5 hours is plenty of time to ski everything that is open at least once.
    True, but lift tickets are still nearly $100, or did they drop with the limited hours?

edit: Looks like lift tickets are now $69, but I believe their are still discounts, i.e. other hill season passes, BAF, multi day, etc.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I'd sell my 1 remaining MC day for $35.

Mammoth 16/17

8-12 was all I wanted yesterday. But I was skiing for free. 6 hours driving 4 hours skiing. Worth it for me.

And $35 is good.

Okay, back to a maybe. Do any of you know if the ski/bike ticket can be 50% discounted with other pass holder discount?

It is not so much the price, but wanting to go do something past noon that is not too much work. Other option is sunset skiing the Pass on the way home.

No idea about bike park tickets, but there is a shit ton of biking in the area without having to pay for it. A lot of the mountain is still covered in snow, so I am am not sure just how much downhill biking there is. Last time I skied Avi 1 and came out at Canyon lodge (two weeks ago), some poor sap was running a snow blower across the runs below chair 22 trying to cut a trail.

iscariot

Great seeing twins and his wife in the parking lot the other day, next time we'll get some laps and Beers. send me a message about august 🍺

Heading over this weekend for some laps in the morning and hiking in the afternoon.

So is the easiest mammoth discount going bringing your pass to another CA resort?

1/2 price

Mrs. Thousand Oaks and I have a two bedroom / two bath condo at Seasons4 this Friday and Saturday night, and unfortunately our friends can't make it. We paid $104 per bedroom per night, if someone wants to take the empty bedroom(queen)/bath one or both nights, shoot me a PM. Given the short notice, we can also be flexible on price if you need a deal.

My girl set this up to be a relaxing "couples" weekend, so no partiers/smokers/drunkards or idiots please. (Saving the drunk idiot weekends for when it's just me.) If you're a chill older single or couple who likes to go to be in bed at 10pm - perfect, lol.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 07-13-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Mammoth tomorrow

Mammoth 16/17

[so no partiers/smokers/drunkards or idiots please. (Save the drunk idiot weekends for when it's just me.) .[/QUOTE]

But I did!
    Life of a repo man is always intense.

Getting burnt! That lookers left run was what we were lapping 6/6.

Think it will make it through the w/e of the 29th? Mini Comish wants to have his birthday there and go skiing! Melting fast, but it is the middle/end of July...
    He who has the most fun wins!

I think it will make it. It kinda has to because of all the ski race training going on. Camps are scheduled through Aug 6.