Page 19 of 54 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by UPGRAYEDD_2505 View Post
    Maybe the little lot at the 395/203 junction.
    There. Or any forest road out of town.

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Mammoth peeps:

Any advice as to where one could ditch a car for a few days during a three-day tour? (Would the recommendation below work?)
    no idea but this gave me a billion $ idea: AirParknRide (thank me later)

Mammoth 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by trex_9 View Post
    Yeah, from someone who has a pass at squaw/alpine and Mammoth, it's a fucking disaster. Squaw and alpine are a shit show, nothing runs whenever it snows. I suggest any mammoth pass holder to become very familiar with the KSL BItch thread to see what their skiing experience will soon become.
    Last edited by Eastern Sierra Skier; 04-12-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Just posted by a Tahoe skier and soon to be your reality at Mammoth.

Mammoth skiers...get ready for KSL's "safety holds" - ie., Chair 22 may never spin again during storm days, unless there is not even a whisper of wind.

I wouldn't panic yet. KSL's squaw entity merged with Aspen and at least they know what the fuck they're doing.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I suggest any mammoth pass holder to become very familiar with the KSL BItch thread to see what their skiing experience will soon become.
    Nah, ignorance is bliss. Probably better to get bindsided than see it coming. But I can tell you for sure the Squaw waterpark is gonna be way more rad than the Mammoth waterpark, even if it's closed every time it rains. Wait, no one told you guys about your new waterpark yet?
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by coretard View Post
    no idea but this gave me a billion $ idea: AirParknRide (thank me later)
    that is actually a good idea. People with driveways or assigned parking spots near beach, airport, bars, ski lifts, etc could rent out their spots for fixed amount of time.

Mammoth peeps:

Any advice as to where one could ditch a car for a few days during a three-day tour? (Would the recommendation below work?)
    You are welcome to park in front of my house in Tom's Place, if that is helpful.

If Aspen is in charge of operations everything should be cool. Those mountains are some of the best run and managed in Colorado.

No idea If Aspen of KSL will be running things though, does anyone know?

Also who will be in charge of steamboat ?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    If Aspen is in charge of operations everything should be cool. Those mountains are some of the best run and managed in Colorado.

No idea If Aspen of KSL will be running things though, does anyone know?

Also who will be in charge of steamboat ?
    Based on what we're hearing here in Aspen, the SkiCo management team will not be taking over any other resorts in the near future - http://www.aspentimes.com/news/skico...s-for-2017-18/

Mammoth peeps:

Don't bother with that alias. He is just a troll.

Many thanks for the advice, all!

Mammoth 16/17

So fun out there today. Huge thanks to Eastern Sierra Skier for the hospitality.

Sick clips Clausen. Keep em coming..

Quote Originally Posted by clausen View Post
    That was a nice little turn and drop with a tight turn right after the landing. Well done.

Just got out from a hut trip to find an email from Rusty that everything is going to be fine. I doubt it. Bit of a shock to get the news.

AK, parking 8n Mammoth can be a real pain. The only legal place I know is at the Mammoth RV park. Not sure what they charge, but I don't think it is too bad.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Steven S. Dallas View Post
    So fun out there today. Huge thanks to Eastern Sierra Skier for the hospitality.
    Agree 100%. Fun runs off top with you yesterday. I finished on 22 and lapped avi 2 which is super easy to get into and crazy wide all the way down.

In the winter of all winters that seems to just go on and on, got in another great day on Friday at Mammoth. 6"-8" of new snow plus 80 mph winds the day before made for some great spots of wind buff in places. Skiing lines that I haven't skied in a decade or more on the mountain, the most notable yesterday being Werner's. Couple pics from Friday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender 80 copy 2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	801.0 KB 
ID:	204495
    Hangmans, Varmints and MJBs with amazing coverage and all offering lots of different options to ski. In Hangers part way down the skiers right, above the throat, you can make a hard right and ski around the rocks and come back out below the throat. Then check it up and go hard right (lookers left) into "baby hangmans". Varmints skied the best with the option of droppiing in right off the top or coming in above the rocks and smearing your way thru the line next to the big rocks and the couple rocks still showing. All of them super fun.

Name:	FullSizeRender 81.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	849.7 KB 
ID:	204496
    Another view from McCoy of the same area showing the amount of snow cover.

Name:	mccoy .jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	204497
    McCoy sun deck. Note how high the snow is above the deck. When you ski up to it, you look down 10 ft or so to the deck. Yesterday was her first time skiing Mammoth. Snow cat driver from Big Sky in the winter and Fire Fighter in Nevada by summer, realizing that California skiing ain't to bad. Super cool girl, drinks PBR.

Found some freshies today!

wow starr is huge right now!!!

wow that's a really good idea. If visibility is decent I'm trying that in the AM. thanks for the tip!

It may be huge, but it is still an ass kicker...Props to Clausen for continuing in to hit some great lines.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Mammy wind buff was at 11 this weekend. Chair 23, Hangers, Varmints, Daves, Dragons Back Chutes, left side of Avi all were firing.

The last run of the day today, nearly every chair was closed due to the incoming storm, but the Gondi was still running with 60 to 70 mph winds on top. Got one of the last cars to the top, with several suspenseful moments swinging like a kite. The wind was so strong it was difficult just to get into your bindings, blew me right to Daves for one last wind buff buffet. I don't see them running the Gondi in high winds when the new regime takes over.

I havent skied starr or kiwis since 2006... I miss mammoth