Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

It looks like I'll be coming to visit you guys in early March. I'm just finalizing dates.

This weekends storm shaping up to be some good timing. Praying for 12+ inches

Sent from my SM-N950U using TGR Forums mobile app

On my way up in a few hours. See you guys out there tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Thursday and Friday were my best days of the year. I would say 15+ inches of some blower stuff up high. Great lines in Climax, the noids and Monuments, it got tracked out pretty slowly. Nice turns in the upper chute of Hangman's, but the throat is still pretty rocky. Saturday was a great windbuff day. Hope some of the rest of you guys got some.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

This weekend was good, was surprised to still find some fresh stashes when we got up there on Saturday. Unfortunately it's looking to be dry for the next few weeks.

I've seen some stupid shit done here over the years, but what we witnessed Thursday was taking stupid to a whole nother level. Let me try to paint the picture. We had just left the mid station and were headed up gondola two. Watched a snowboarder calmly duck under the ribbon surrounding the snowmaking pond, ride on to it, and casually unbuckled his bindings and start taking the most direct line back to the Mid Chalet which was STRAIGHT ACROSS THE POND. See picture below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1056 2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	434.5 KB 
ID:	222788
    The arrow shows where he rode into the pond, then decided to walk the rest of the way.

Name:	IMG_1057 2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	566.9 KB 
ID:	222789
    This photo you can see where he walked across, and then by the edge thought he was Jesus and could walk on water and fell through. Fortunately for him it was only chest deep. Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Skiing has been really good all week. Wednesday the skier count was less than 3000 on the hill that day. This place was empty. Loved it.

^^ That's amazing. You need to re-post that in the gaper thread immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

I'm coming to mammoth this week for three days. I'm not that great of a skier so I'm not really worried about the conditions. But, does anyone have recommendations for decent restaurants or bars to visit? I've never been and would like to know if there's any places that are a must visit when in mammoth.

Mahalo.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using TGR Forums mobile app

Roberto's Cafe on Old Mammoth Road for Mexican food and margaritas.

Mammoth Brewing Company is a nice spot. And if you make it out to June Lake the brew company there is even better, with a tasty food truck parked out front frequently.

Toomey's for breakfast.

I'm sure others will chime in with more, but I've been to those places quite a few times.

Is the clocktower still around?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Mammoth Brewing Company is a nice spot.
    meh, maybe in your skinny sweatpants & Uggs but if I would go to Black Doubt for sure
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Mammoth 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    meh, maybe in your skinny sweatpants & Uggs but if I would go to Black Doubt for sure
    I’ve only been there midweek when it’s empty. Should I go get some carharts, act like a dick and call myself local? Then groan about how I’ve gotta get back to the job?

(For the record I’ve had nothing but good experiences with locals but your comment was pretty aggro / local snobby)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

opinions are like assholes right? well he asked for an opinion & got one
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post
    I'm coming to mammoth this week for three days. I'm not that great of a skier so I'm not really worried about the conditions. But, does anyone have recommendations for decent restaurants or bars to visit? I've never been and would like to know if there's any places that are a must visit when in mammoth.

Mahalo.

Pita pit for lunch. Take the village gondola down from canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I've seen some stupid shit done here over the years, but what we witnessed Thursday was taking stupid to a whole nother level. Let me try to paint the picture. We had just left the mid station and were headed up gondola two. Watched a snowboarder calmly duck under the ribbon surrounding the snowmaking pond, ride on to it, and casually unbuckled his bindings and start taking the most direct line back to the Mid Chalet which was STRAIGHT ACROSS THE POND. See picture below.

Name:	IMG_1056 2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	434.5 KB 
ID:	222788
    The arrow shows where he rode into the pond, then decided to walk the rest of the way.

Name:	IMG_1057 2.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	566.9 KB 
ID:	222789
    This photo you can see where he walked across, and then by the edge thought he was Jesus and could walk on water and fell through. Fortunately for him it was only chest deep. Dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Skiing has been really good all week. Wednesday the skier count was less than 3000 on the hill that day. This place was empty. Loved it.
    Would've been hilarious seeing this guy half drenched walking into mccoys

Quote Originally Posted by KillerMonkey View Post
    Would've been hilarious seeing this guy half drenched walking into mccoys
    Word. His total lack of situational awareness is mind blowing. You wonder how this individual has managed to stay alive this long.
    Here's a slightly different view.

Name:	IMG_1059.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	223115
    He thought he could walk on water when he got to the edge? In the words of my dear departed Grand Pa, "You can't fix stupid."

Frontal lobe development. That is all

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Clocktower across from Village is the best whiskey & beer bar in town IMHO.
    Mammoth Tavern on Old Mammoth is good eats, Roberto's for mex, Berger's for burgers, Austria Hof near Canyon lodge has a good happy hour, and apres scene.
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

No love for salsa's?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using TGR Forums mobile app

Sidedoor Cafe can a good place to score some MILF action. The bar at Petra's, too.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kailua_Boys View Post

Mahalo.

I would add Loco Frijoles as a place to check out for great Mexican food.

Lakanuki has a pretty good happy hour. I usually avoid the village, but I like their maitais.

I will concur on Mammoth Brewing Company and Roberto's.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

The best bar in Mammoth is the Car Bar, pulled up next to a hot spring while gawking at 360* of mountains, and eating whatever sandwich or burrito you picked up on the way out there.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    The best bar in Mammoth is the Car Bar, pulled up next to a hot spring while gawking at 360* of mountains, and eating whatever sandwich or burrito you picked up on the way out there.
    Tough this time of year unless you bail on the skiing well before closing... sunsets are still pretty early. Not that I disagree in general.

Is there still a Maggot working the bar at Grumpy's? (Sports bar with fried stuff. Some of which was actually ok).
    406 or something? Sledhead?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...