Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Headed up Friday am.
    Will on it by noon....who's gonna be up?
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Ill be there tomorrow , first time, totally jonged out on some rental gear

Quote Originally Posted by Barnballs View Post
    Headed up Friday am.
    Will on it by noon....who's gonna be up?

Will you be out on Sunday (or later)? If so, I'll give you a call.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Attachment 197457

Curious, without knowing anything about Mammoth, why is this line not tracked out? Is it closed?

Guess you can't really make out any ropes in the pics?
    It is permanently closed. You have to traverse in over a huge cliff band, and they don't want people getting lost and cliffed out. I actually saw patrol rappel down to get some idiot who had ignored the signs and gotten stuck above the cliff. Sage has hucked that cliff in a ski movie. He got busted, in the footage you can see him skiing away and getting caught by patrol.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

I wish I could go up this weekend. I've been up quite a bit recently and I need (read, my wife) needs a break. I guess I could use a break from the drive too. You guys who are going up have fun.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by therudeness View Post
    I'm not around until Sunday, but I'd be happy to show you around then if you haven't figured out the mountain. It is a very easy mountain to figure out since you can see pretty much everything from just a few vantage points. There are a few hidden stashes here and there, but not all that many considering the size.

You can rent good gear on the mountain at the demo centers at Main or Canyon, or get the run of the mill carvy, groomer stuff at the regular rental centers. Kitteridge or Footloose in town also rent good gear and fat skis.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ^^^
    your boots went out from l9 ups ground monday
    if you don't get em by fri let me know and i'll track down a #
    pleasure sharing turns hope you and lbc enjoyed jackson
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Mini Comish and I headed up for boys weekend Friday night. Assuming team is on, I'm solo both days. BB, lets hook up.
    He who has the most fun wins!

Rent some fatties. Ski out of Canyon on a storm day. Chair 8 or 16 to 22 (or 25). Rinse, wash, wind buff, repeat. Damn I miss that place.

22 skied well today, even 3 and 5 ran for the afternoon. Snow returned around 1-2 and everything started filling in.

Thanks for the tips guys , awesome day. Got some fat skis at footloose, lucked into the 22 opening, lapped 5 in the afternoon. Met some super nice folks, great mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Idyllwild View Post
    22 skied well today, even 3 and 5 ran for the afternoon. Snow returned around 1-2 and everything started filling in.
    Laps off 22 or 25 were the call for me skiing mellow tree lines. The one time I was out in the open on 5, I got vertigo from the whiteout conditions and fell over when I stopped. Kind of embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

On my way up now. Snow stars before ridgecrest but only a small area to go through. Everything after independece is snow/slush. Chains required on the 395 at Big Pine.
    calm winds in Bishop

Dumpin' in Bishop. Not sure I have a private place to drink (after 3 nights at Vons parking lot.)

Wow this morning was even better than yesterday..

Wow this morning was even better than yesterday..
    Yep, an amazing day meadow skipping. I had a blast and a few good wipe outs.
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

Still snowing to cover up today's tracks?
    He who has the most fun wins!

Sounds like I will have a shit ton of snow to clear off the driveway. That's a good thing, right?

iscariot

Absolute blower today, I think my first 15 runs all had over the head faceshots. Plus, there was nobody on the mountain on the Main Lodge side this morning. Still snowing and winds picked up in the afternoon, so tracks should be filled in by tomorrow morning.

Frickin blizzard at the moment. Glad I am drinking and not driving. Be careful out there

Just looked at my car. At least 18 inches on the roof in the the last 2 hours. Tomorrow will be fun.

For anyone wondering if the marketing numbers are accurate (not really) here's a link to the snow study site at 9,000.

(Of course it snows more at higher elevations [up to a point], but wind deposition is not the same as snow fall.)

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/Rp...Location=SS_HR
    I'll be the hyena, you'll see.

Was thinking about a one-day strike on Sunday to frolic in the trees but the updated forecasts have me worried that 395 will be closed...
    Just ring the fucking bell, you pansy.

Quote Originally Posted by stylee View Post
    Was thinking about a one-day strike on Sunday to frolic in the trees but the updated forecasts have me worried that 395 will be closed...
    I just read the NWS updated report and it looks like I better get on the road by noon as snowmegdon is headed our way Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by stylee View Post
    395 rarely closes below the turn off to Mammoth, but if you ate coming from the north I bet it will be closed for some of the time Saturday night if the forecast is accurate. They usually get it open during the day, but I have seen it closed well into the day on rare occasions. Makes for great storm skiing if you happen to be in June Lake

iscariot