Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1332

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

I'll be skiing Sunday-Tuesday if anybody is around. Potential for something on Monday

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I'll be skiing Sunday-Tuesday if anybody is around. Potential for something on Monday
    Think I’m heading down for Sat-Sun. Got to clean out my locker at CL since it’s closing after the weekend. How’s your rebuilding going?

In the paperwork and permits stage. A lot of hurry up and wait. Haven't hit any real obstacles yet, but that is likely to change once we start submitting plans.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

In the paperwork and permits stage. A lot of hurry up and wait. Haven't hit any real obstacles yet, but that is likely to change once we start submitting plans.
    Copy. Best of luck with that. How you fixed for skis?

Great looking weather for corn. Man I wish I wasn't 6 hours away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	232081
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Copy. Best of luck with that. How you fixed for skis?
    In good shape thanks to SkiJ, Flowingaply, PNWbrit, MikeyB and others. Still got a ways to go to get all the odds and ends, but managed to get enough to get me by for most situations. The collective has been great.

iscariot

You hit me up any time if you need more help.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Mammoth was fun today. 4-6" of fresh and few people. I was to finding untracked runs all day. Hitting bottom in places with pretty firm dicey snow, but with care one could make turns without scraping. It is still coming down. Forecast is for sun to.orrow, and with the top never popping today, tomorrow should be sweet.

April power brings May minis...any plans for a mini yet. They are advertising being open until Memorial Day.

iscariot

April power brings May minis...any plans for a mini yet.
    They are advertising being open until Memorial Day.
    Interrresting...verrry interrresting...

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Anyone thinking about doing this: https://www.mammothmountain.com/docs...rsn=1245ec04_0

Looks kinda fun.

I'm skiing this Friday - Monday solo if anyone is around..

I bet today will be pretty sweet! After heading either to Mammoth or Tahoe (Mini=-Comish's ski races) every weekend but one since Xmas, we are done for a month. Back in May for ski team camps, but gonna enjoy the beach and get bored sitting at Pony baseball games

April Pow days rule! Enjoy everyone
    He who has the most fun wins!

Mammoth was fun today. 4-6" of fresh and few people. I was to finding untracked runs all day. Hitting bottom in places with pretty firm dicey snow, but with care one could make turns without scraping. It is still coming down. Forecast is for sun to.orrow, and with the top never popping today, tomorrow should be sweet.

April power brings May minis...any plans for a mini yet. They are advertising being open until Memorial Day.
    I'm hoping the Pass opens before May 12th so I can come over the hill that weekend.

On that note....are there any places to get discount tickets these days? I'm so out of the loop.

The only one I know of are the BAF discounts, if which I have plenty. Nor always the best deal, especially with spring prices, but worth a look. The Ikon pass works in spring at Mammoth, $599, but may be worth a look.

iscariot

Skied them today and had a blast. Absofuckenlutely fun in Untracked powder and I was able to ski and rip powder faster then I ever had. Not so great when the steeps got bumped out, way to long of a ski for me...manageable buy not ideal.

iscariot

This weekend was fun but interesting. Top had slushy spots but some very firm stuff too. I spent the morning on chair 9 then the afternoon in the Paranoids. Lots of firmness in the upper noids. Sunday I got out early and skied chair 9 until about 1 when I decided to call it. I've probably got 2-3 more trips, hopefully I will get some full spring corn up high, this weekend was hit or miss. I wish I had been able to stay until Tuesday.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Yeah, Monday and Tuesday were tits. Cold cloudy/foggy/windy/snowy all day Monday. Top never opened, but three was running, so once the fog lifted traversing out under Drop Out/Wipe Out was great. I found untracked powder stashes all day long and had to quit because my legs couldn't handle any more powder turn...yeah, First World Problem.

Tuesday was even better, bluebird, no wind, cold morning. Got two untracked runs off of 23 when it opened about 8:45. Sifted over to untracked runs off of 1 and 2 since everybody was rapping the top. The top was good all morning but not untracked like down below. Places like Rogers just weren't getting hit (three untracked runs there). I finished the day by heading OB to this side of Head Chutes, then rolled under 9 for an untracked run all the way to Lake Mary Road. I had to walk back to the Village, but it was worth it.

iscariot

Is there some ice or firm under the pow on North facing aspects?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Yes, so really nasty ice persists in many places, so you have to be careful. I dropped into P1 had two deep pow turns then hit a patch of ice that nearly sent me tumbling down the mountain. First run when 23 opened I dropped I to Wipe Out 2 and had 50 feet of terror. Looped back into Wipe Out 1 , found the sweet spot and had the untracked skiers left to myself. Between wind and not a huge amount of new snow, there is stl some ice to contend with.

iscariot

Thanks, my season got off to a slow start, but I managed to get in a reason able number if days. Looks like Mammoth is going to have a decent spring, so more days still to come.

iscariot

Yes, so really nasty ice persists in many places, so you have to be careful. I dropped into P1 had two deep pow turns then hit a patch of ice that nearly sent me tumbling down the mountain. First run when 23 opened I dropped I to Wipe Out 2 and had 50 feet of terror. Looped back into Wipe Out 1 , found the sweet spot and had the untracked skiers left to myself. Between wind and not a huge amount of new snow, there is stl some ice to contend with.
    What day was this?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Tuesday

iscariot

This seems like it might a problem?

Anyone else keeping track of this

Fire that temporarily closed US 395 in Inyo County now 1,050 acres
    The highway is closed from Manzanar south to Lone Pine.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I'm maybe heading up tomorrow at 4 am. I will be monitoring this. Surf should be good this weekend so we will see.

How is coverage at Mammy right now?

Considering bringing the family over Memorial Day Sunday; but only if at Chair 2 will still be open.

Coverage is still great but temps are warming fast. Mill probably makes it that far

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app