Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1332

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ...Anyway, headed down in the morning with my son to get one last day in. Hopefully parking at the Mill.
    So you're skiing today, Sunday?
    Or Monday?
    How was it?

Wondering about a daytrip on Monday...

Sent from my SM-G930P using TGR Forums mobile app
    Attached Images Attached Images  

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Sunday was excellent cloud cover kept it good till closing bell. Bet it will be good again tomorrow with cold enough overnight temps. Also imagine tomorrow is the last day for chair 2.

Cinders is making a fuss about not planning an overnight. So not gonna happen.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I’m coming across Tioga with the puppies for Thursday to Sunday.
    Camp FKN’A area is the plan.

Friday forecast looks perfect. Low of 32, high of 60 at McCoy. Touch of wind.

Wish I could get back up. We skied Cornice twice and Dave’s once, but I wanted a bunch more. He tired out, and was ready for one more, but we missed getting on 23 just as it closed. Would love to head back and spend my day on 23, with a few laps on Climax. It all looks like so much fun right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    So you're skiing today, Sunday?
    Or Monday?
    How was it?

Wondering about a daytrip on Monday...

Stay in touch, Turx. Looks on.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMountainSkier View Post
    Heard Chair 16 (Canyon Express) is being replaced with a six-pack this summer?
    They have proposed the idea to the Forrest service. https://www.fs.fed.us/sopa/component...4-2018-04.html. Seems a bit late to start to me, but maybe they’ve already signed the deal for the lift, and just need FS approval/permits.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looks like we will be skiing Saturday. Looking for BAF deals.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

PM Hutash. He sent me some we did not use.

BTW, if you are skiing just one or two days, just bring your DR passes. 50% window price was essentially the same as BAF, up until 3 days of riding.

PMd Hutash

DR does not give the wife a pass. I’ll have my employee passes. OB’s Race pass might help him too.

I just got back from a few days on Shasta...will get the BAF invites out soon.

Actually still on the road today driving from Sacramento, 95F today, I'm heading back to the beach.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I just got back from a few days on Shasta...will get the BAF invites out soon.

Actually still on the road today driving from Sacramento, 95F today, I'm heading back to the beach.
    Hutash, did you see Brewer Creek by any chance?
    Where is the snow line?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

Ottime - damn, you should have sent me a text!

Had a blast at Mammy. Skied Friday thru Monday at 11am. Monday morning was by far the best day, followed by Saturday morning. Weather was funky with Friday giving us a fogged in day with almost no visibility other than lower stump alley. My 9 year old lapped everything from Dave's Run, Climax, all the way over to the Paranoids. Dad ended up skiing Philippe's, which was doable with some ski mountaineering, haha. My 2 year old skied three days on Chair 11 (first chairlift rides), and he even got daily playtime at the summit with the sitter. Groomers yesterday morning were ridiculously good, holy hell. 6 hour drive door to door with some diaper changing...drove through Kirkwood to avoid Yosemite traffic in the central valley. I just hit some slow traffic near Rio Vista on 12 and that was it. I'll add pics and video as time permits.

^^^yeah, I actually meant to txt you, but when I woke up at 5:40 at KW, all plans went out the window. Somehow we were on the snow by 8:40, but then totally forgot a bunch of things. As we chilled in the lot after, I remembered you also had a boys trip going. But we split quickly and drove back through Yosemite. It was actually a pretty chill drive, and we stopped a few spots to stretch the legs. Left thinking we should have bought an IKON and stayed for a few days. If my kids spring break falls after their spring cut off, then we are definitely gonna grab one.

My favorite part of the day was when my kid was bummed they closed the top due to visibility. We had just come down Cornice and had no issues with visibility or wind. Anyone know what the issue was? Does Mammy typically close the top with a little fog and a breeze? Or were there lightning strikes somewhere nearby?

When they closed the top, I was skiing down on 11 with my 2 year old. It was only closed for a little while. My guess is threat for lightning or mechanical. I was back on there around 11:15am and then down climbed into Philippe's

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Hutash, did you see Brewer Creek by any chance?
    Where is the snow line?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yeah, went in from Brewer. We had to dig out the road, but as soon as we did on Saturday, the hoards arrived. We were able to skin from the road in a fully about two hundred yards from the TH. We had to walk across a couple dirt patches, but basically skinned from the road (and road it switch to the road on the way out.) That said, it is melting fast, and from the actual TH is is about 1/4 mile to mostly skinable snow.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Ottime - damn, you should have sent me a text!

Had a blast at Mammy. Skied Friday thru Monday at 11am. Monday morning was by far the best day, followed by Saturday morning. Weather was funky with Friday giving us a fogged in day with almost no visibility other than lower stump alley. My 9 year old lapped everything from Dave's Run, Climax, all the way over to the Paranoids. Dad ended up skiing Philippe's, which was doable with some ski mountaineering, haha. My 2 year old skied three days on Chair 11 (first chairlift rides), and he even got daily playtime at the summit with the sitter. Groomers yesterday morning were ridiculously good, holy hell. 6 hour drive door to door with some diaper changing...drove through Kirkwood to avoid Yosemite traffic in the central valley. I just hit some slow traffic near Rio Vista on 12 and that was it. I'll add pics and video as time permits.
    How was the exit to Philippe's? I was up for the last time a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even check it.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Top typically closes if Vis goes bad or wind is howling. I think on Sunday it was the cloud sitting on the top as the wind was certainly not howling, at least for Mammoth standards... That cloud and the fact that they had 23 and the Upper G closed mean it wasn't mechanical.

Actually have really mixed emotions about this past w/e. That cloud on Sunday combined with night temps not getting low enough really didn't make it that great, or as good as it had been the past couple w/e's. More slurpy snow than schweet corn!

Too bad we didn't know you dudes were there with kids. Would have been fun to hook up! We had the whole team Comish out all 3 days as their cheapskate dad wouldn't buck up for the Stacey Cook camp this weekend. They have done ski team camps the past 2 and are planning on one for the w/e of the 16th of June when Mammoth apparently has 16 camps booked.

Weird weekend. Monday was gorgeous, but it didn't get cold enough Sunday night. We actually prolly enjoyed Saturday the most. The biers at the Yodler on Monday as the kids raged at the Adventure Center were nice!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    How was the exit to Philippe's? I was up for the last time a couple of weeks ago and I didn't even check it.
    Had to downclimb the crux...one of those 'why not' moments

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    Top typically closes if Vis goes bad or wind is howling. I think on Sunday it was the cloud sitting on the top as the wind was certainly not howling, at least for Mammoth standards... That cloud and the fact that they had 23 and the Upper G closed mean it wasn't mechanical.

Actually have really mixed emotions about this past w/e. That cloud on Sunday combined with night temps not getting low enough really didn't make it that great, or as good as it had been the past couple w/e's. More slurpy snow than schweet corn!

Too bad we didn't know you dudes were there with kids. Would have been fun to hook up! We had the whole team Comish out all 3 days as their cheapskate dad wouldn't buck up for the Stacey Cook camp this weekend. They have done ski team camps the past 2 and are planning on one for the w/e of the 16th of June when Mammoth apparently has 16 camps booked.

Weird weekend. Monday was gorgeous, but it didn't get cold enough Sunday night. We actually prolly enjoyed Saturday the most. The biers at the Yodler on Monday as the kids raged at the Adventure Center were nice!
    Will y’all be around this weekend? We are skiing Saturday.

Looks like I'll be skiing Mammy on Friday. Looks like a decent freeze overnight too - stoked! PM me if you wanna take some laps.
    sproing!

I have not been keeping track.

How much longer is Mammoth open?

If I were to decide to rally, how many days do I have left to show up?

confession, I have not skied since last June @ Mammoth.

Can I go an entire year without skiing?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

June 17

WTF?