Page 29 of 54 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Ha, i was just this morning checking if we had a 17/18 thread yet..

Our ski lease starts dec. 1. First trip for me and the gf is scheduled for dec. 15. Let it snow! Going to be hard to top last year..

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Looks like things are off to a good start. I will probably be going up on Sunday to open our ski lease. I'm on the lease for this year, so I need to be the guy to get the keys.

I'm not sure how to edit a thread title. If someone tells me how I will gladly take off the year. I think that would make sense, given that there are only 28 pages. We really don't need another thread for this season.
    LDD, just pm a mod, like mbillie and ask him to remove the year from the thread title. I also like the patrol link, thanks for that. It will be interesting to compare marketing's snow fall amount and patrols.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Just curious - why does each new season require a new thread?
    In part because the later "thread-starters" are attention whores, going as far as admonising people for bumping earlier threads and not posting in their's.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

^^^ Meh. Regional threads started on TTips back in the day and then migrated here. It was kind of just the way people did it.

I kind of think it makes sense for threads with more traffic so they don't get unwieldy. But this one isn't one of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I also like the patrol link, thanks for that. It will be interesting to compare marketing's snow fall amount and patrols.
    Actually, they are the same. The "official" snow amounts come from the patrol site on Sesame St. That said, the last couple of years the mountain has been giving ranges of new snow, where the bottom number is the patrol site, and the upper number is some nebulous number from somewhere on the upper mountain (my guess is they use which ever spot is deepest.)

Also, a good bit of the patrol site info is now also on the Mammoth site under the "full weather report". It doesn't go into as much detail, i.e. all the tower wind speeds, but most of the important info is there now.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

They are saying 72 inches up top right now. Looking at the 395 cam shows the snow line 1/2 way up Lincoln though so Eagle and Canyon still need help.Great start !!!!!

Fuck. That puts snow to Main, so at least you all have a base open with 2k plus vert. Excellent start.

Your all welcome! Looking forward to returning in Dec!
    He who has the most fun wins!

No pictures from the opening?
    Guess nobody likes groomers.....
    Mrs Twins on Broadway.
    Installed the new electric bedroom fireplace.
    It was a good weekend

Sent from my SM-N900V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    ^^^ Meh. Regional threads started on TTips back in the day and then migrated here. It was kind of just the way people did it.

I kind of think it makes sense for threads with more traffic so they don't get unwieldy. But this one isn't one of those.
    Clinton River Jah Bretheren
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

5, 10 and the Top open tomorrow.

Noice, now if the day time temps would stay at freezing and not 50 degrees we could get this show on the road
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

yoga - start a new thread will ya?
    I have mastered all major sporting activities to a high degree of mediocrity.

Have you not been reading. The Mammy thread has not hit critical usage to justify an annual recharge. This has been discussed widely.

Quote Originally Posted by enlosandes View Post
    Not sure if everyone knows about Mammoth's real time weather conditions, so here ya go.

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/Home.aspx
    This is awesome - I wish every resort did this.

I'll be rolling into town for a couple days starting December 7th if anyone wants to meet up. My annual tradition of going down to Santa Barbara for my work's holiday party and then taking the looong (but fun) way home.

Game on! Kudos to Mammoth for getting the top open at 9 am and Chair 23 shortly thereafter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23632853_10155973416158708_6499367604332638652_o.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	216602

So much fun out there!

^^^^^very nice. Those runs off the top look great for mid-Nov! Stoked

Anyone know why Dave’s was closed yesterday (Wednesday)? From the top of ch 5 the snow looked smooth and kind of wind buffed. Yeah, you could see two glaciers left from last years snow, but there was ways around then. Got to the top of G2 and the road out to Dave’s had a rope across it. Rest of the top was ok in sections. A varied from bullet proof to spring like.

Quote Originally Posted by clausen View Post
    So much fun out there!
    Nice conditions looks much better then I thought

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Nice run down D2, and sweet pow under 12? Keep up the Mammoth stoke so I can live vicariously through you.

iscariot

What hutash said. Damn, I miss that place.

Also...you like left turns, eh?

Clausen you work at the bottom Gondola station? sweet vid by the way
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    What hutash said. Damn, I miss that place.

Also...you like left turns, eh?
    Now that I think of it... I guess i do prefer lefts.