Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Mammoth 16/17

Quote Originally Posted by otto parts View Post
    But I did!
    Yeah, I know it, wish I could have been there.

Looking forward to our last weekend of the year this weekend! Mini Comish decided he wanted to ski for his B-day and stoked Mammoth was able to oblige!
    He who has the most fun wins!

^^^Pics please

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Oh shit maybe we should go to Mammoth this weekend to ski with the birthday boy...
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Such a great weekend of summer skiing! Saddle Bowl to Gremlins was awesome. It had been salted and groomed to perfection. Also Drop Out's to Gremlins was another great lap.

Sunday skiing was followed by an afternoon on Crowley. Got to wake surf for the first time which was really dang fun! Great weekend and wishing we could go back this weekend! I would way rather summer ski than ski in November on the WROD...

Here is Mini Comish the day after his 9th birthday about to drop into Drop Out or Cornice. Mikey b, recognize those skis? Still getting used!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fritz Climax July 30, 2017.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	210102

Name:	IMG_20170730_1109545.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1,012.6 KB 
ID:	210103

Mini Comish in Drop Out 1:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4Hd6oi4cw7cJ8tLi1

Need to fire the camera man on this one, but he was moving too fast for me. It has started...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/B63hxMncM0QadG7E2
    Last edited by comish; 08-01-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Right on!

Looks like some good times.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post

Name:	Fritz Climax July 30, 2017.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	210102

Dude looks stoked!

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Dude looks stoked!
    Yep. Wouldn't stop till they closed at noon! Really good times! Thanks Mammoth!

They just got some snow apparently.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

"In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Name:  OdjEsUL.gif
Views: 634
Size:  68.2 KB
    Bring it!

No new mammoth thread yet?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Someone needs to start it. I doubt I will get to the hill for awhile due to being over worked. Looking like a good base is coming in.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

If no one else wants to, I can try and get it set up today as I watch the blizzard on the cams
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Let’s let mtngirl do it since she brings so much ski stoke to the forum....

Just curious - why does each new season require a new thread? The SW MT thread has been going for 5 years. Seems like stuff gets lost when new threads start -- anyone ever try to search the 27 Praxis threads??
    sproing!

I’m kinda with you. I took the date off my Central Sierra and Sonora Pass threads for that reason. But they aren’t hudge threads like some of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    I’m kinda with you. I took the date off my Central Sierra and Sonora Pass threads for that reason. But they aren’t hudge threads like some of the others.
    That definitely makes sense. It also probably makes sense for the Tahoe thread (goddamn Californians like to spew!) to have a new thread every year. Mammoth is probably a tweener I guess...

Anyway - looks like Mammy is doing pretty well with this storm! 2+ feet up top so far per their FB feed...

I was reading the first few pages of this thread earlier today. Here is hoping we can get a big ass storm or three by Dec 15th like we did last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

It just seems like everybody starts a new thread each year...guess there really is no reason. If somebody can get the date off the title, that would be great.

Looks like the perfect early Mammoth storm, heavy, wet and deep. This should make a good base to build on.

iscariot

Looks like things are off to a good start. I will probably be going up on Sunday to open our ski lease. I'm on the lease for this year, so I need to be the guy to get the keys.

I'm not sure how to edit a thread title. If someone tells me how I will gladly take off the year. I think that would make sense, given that there are only 28 pages. We really don't need another thread for this season.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Not sure if everyone knows about Mammoth's real time weather conditions, so here ya go.

http://patrol.mammothmountain.com/Home.aspx

Nice Jamie

You all can thank me for it starting to snow. I think it was a couple days after we aborted Thanksgiving break in Mammoth and scored 4 FF tickets to Yurp this storm decided to head south into Mammoth. Taking one for the team, but I will have a Gluhwein while I dance on some tables Apres! Back at Mammoth in December once it has completed dumping!