Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Miles Per Year?

Miles Per Year?

What do you folks clock in at? Sitting at ~800 mostly all single trac. Typically get out 3x per week. Don't really get out much say Dec-April since skiing takes precidence.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Was just looking at this today and feeling like puss. I will break 1200 miles tomorrow. Probably 50/50 road/mtb. I think I should be closer to double that if I was really training properly.

Miles Per Year?

1620 miles on my bike and that's 90% mountain bike, 2700 miles if I include commuting.

350 miles running and that's virtually all on trails

Does not include most rides with kids, hikes, or indoor trainer miles. .

Yeah, I'm a stravadork.
    Last edited by Tech Tonics; 12-15-2016 at 04:28 AM.

5395 mi, 351k ft so far, looks like about 1340 on the mtb. Did a lot of road riding early in the year but then found a crack in the frame so that bike got retired.

Probably should have gone outside more this week, it was really nice. Looks like a bit of snow coming finally but I'll probably get a couple more miles in. Goal was 5k after I made it to 4900 last year, guess I should get a new road bike and try for 6k miles next year.
    Last edited by jamal; 11-27-2016 at 05:04 PM.

I was about 2k last year and just over 1100 this year. Spent a lot more time on my road bike last year. This year has been primarily single track, very little time in the road bike at all.

I managed about 1000km of MTB this year.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

I'm sitting on 4,300 and still getting a few days a week in. Maybe see 5,000 by the end of December
    crab in my shoe mouth

Almost 7000 miles ytd. Ride from home everyday, mostly on a fatty, mix of Rail Trail and single track.

I'm at 1100 miles of 100% mountain biking. I'm hoping for 1300 by year's end.

I hadn't bothered to look into it until now. Usually I'm in the 1500 range but I'm grossly under that at around 900 for the year.

I'm looking for the bragging thread, is this the bragging thread?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm looking for the bragging thread, is this the bragging thread?
    You found it!

So, of you guys with 3000+ miles what kind of work do you do? Office/desk job?

I can't imagine ever having enough energy to do that, but I am fucking building walls and shit all year long. It's hard to get motivated to go on a 50 mile ride after laying block all day in eleventy-billion degree weather.

My brother in law rides at least twice as much as me, but he is in the AC all day long writing emails.....so

(this is where I try to justify being a gaper)

13,000+ miles in 1976

1,650 so far. Mostly on my road bike these days, but maybe a 100-150 or so on the MTB.

I had a broken derailleur for a while and I was lazy about fixing it. I also haven't had easy access to good singletrack like I used to. Living in Breckenridge & Crested Butte spoiled me. the 1650 includes a month or so of bike commuting, but not all of it, so probably more than that.

I've been nerding out on strava hard lately, was sort of thinking about creating a TGR Maggots group. Anyone interested?

Screw it, decided to just do it.

Link- https://www.strava.com/clubs/TGRSR
    TGRSR= TGR Sprocket Rockets

920 miles, all MTB. Probably done for the year if this storm stacks up.

What about vertical feet climbed? I'm at 143,000.

Miles are overrated, it's all about vertical climbed. Last year 1800 miles and over 200k vert. This year, 1400 miles and 180k vert so far. Mountain bike only.

4100 Miles and 685k vert, all on the MTB. Hoping to hit 700k by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    You found it!

So, of you guys with 3000+ miles what kind of work do you do? Office/desk job?

I can't imagine ever having enough energy to do that, but I am fucking building walls and shit all year long. It's hard to get motivated to go on a 50 mile ride after laying block all day in eleventy-billion degree weather.

My brother in law rides at least twice as much as me, but he is in the AC all day long writing emails.....so

(this is where I try to justify being a gaper)
    When I used to live in the Bay Area I would ride 150-200 a week average with a couple 300 mile weeks a year. This was a daily commute of 22 miles round trip and sometimes a little extension after work. Long rides on the weekend, usually 50-70+ mile road ride or 30-40+ mile dirt road/singletrack ride. I was working at a surgery center from 0700-1530. Wasn't construction physical but standing all day, often with overtime, moving equipment etc.. not a desk job. This doesn't really leave time for anything else but eating, drinking and sleeping. I don't think it was very healthy. It got to the point that I was always taking a bike on vacation and it was hard to just kick back.

Once I moved where there were real seasons and I ski all winter, my mileage went way down. I reached a balance now and probably hike and trail run as many days as I bike when it's not ski season.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Screw it, decided to just do it.

Link- https://www.strava.com/clubs/TGRSR
    TGRSR= TGR Sprocket Rockets
    Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by AaronWright View Post
    When I used to live in the Bay Area I would ride 150-200 a week average with a couple 300 mile weeks a year. This was a daily commute of 22 miles round trip and sometimes a little extension after work. Long rides on the weekend, usually 50-70+ mile road ride or 30-40+ mile dirt road/singletrack ride. I was working at a surgery center from 0700-1530. Wasn't construction physical but standing all day, often with overtime, moving equipment etc.. not a desk job. This doesn't really leave time for anything else but eating, drinking and sleeping. I don't think it was very healthy. It got to the point that I was always taking a bike on vacation and it was hard to just kick back.

Once I moved where there were real seasons and I ski all winter, my mileage went way down. I reached a balance now and probably hike and trail run as many days as I bike when it's not ski season.

Yeah, that is legit. I gotta get into this kinda groove. Hopefully I will be more foreman and less grunt in 2017.

4,562 with 381,568 vert
    crab in my shoe mouth

Do miles really matter on a MTB? I view that more about hours.

An 2 hour ride locally has less than half the miles as a 2 hour ride at KTA.

4300 miles
    280,000 feet

Almost all road. First half of the year was impacted by a broke collarbone.
    Job is programming & sitting in meetings.

Miles Per Year?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Do miles really matter on a MTB? I view that more about hours.

An 2 hour ride locally has less than half the miles as a 2 hour ride at KTA.
    No, it's all about the hours. My weekly goal is 10 hours but I had many 13-14 hour weeks this year.

Edit: I joined the Strava group!
    crab in my shoe mouth

I wish I had vertical, it's flatter than hell here.
    I just try to get an a couple of hours, out in the woods with the dog, everyday.
    Four day weekend are tuff on him, probably 150 miles easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1480284471.881467.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	473.5 KB 
ID:	193603