Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Friday is pathetic.

I'm not super happy about this Trump thing, like a lot of people, but, trying to deal (thanks Dow and Dollar/Euro), but watching news reports about this grossness has pretty much sent me over the edge. I'm moving somewhere else. America deserves a pandemic, and it should start in some major fast food outlet, to, you know, fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I'm not super happy about this Trump thing, like a lot of people, but, trying to deal (thanks Dow and Dollar/Euro), but watching news reports about this grossness has pretty much sent me over the edge. I'm moving somewhere else. America deserves a pandemic, and it should start in some major fast food outlet, to, you know, fit the bill.
    It starts at Taco Bell methinks...
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

much more likely a video game that is so captivating the viewers die instead of eating or sleeping.

hat tip to DFW

Send me ur cash son. I make u happy again
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    Send me ur cash son. I make u happy again
    take a lesson, piker.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    much more likely a video game that is so captivating the viewers die instead of eating or sleeping.

hat tip to DFW
    haha!

Our current culture is a disturbing analog to Infinite Jest in a variety of ways.

Les Assassins des Fauteuils Rollents voted en masse and the Great Concavity is just a wall away...

It's all too real, I need to go play Eschaton now.

well there were a lot of people fishing out on the beach today, but no one got trampled. so a pretty quiet black friday I would say.

Got me a real nice tv for the bedroom last year on black friday. Not as cheap as it would have been during the Rodney King riots but the technology is way better now so it's cool.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

All fridays matter

I luv me sum black Friday gun and ammo sales. Holey Sheet!!!!!!
    watch out for snakes

Get rid of TV and internet if media depresses you. Instant access to too much information is your problem.

Sez the day trader.

It's pretty appalling...look at :30 where the woman takes something from a child.
    https://youtu.be/KK2XFYL3D80

Sez the day trader.
    Not a day trader. My time frame is the weekly chart. Fwiw, I only read financial news and some sports. I've sworn off main stream news. I have no idea what you are talking about regarding mall violence.

I didn't say anything about mall violence. Sheesh. No, what grosses me out are the women (and they seem to be exclusively women) who get so friggin excited about getting up at 4am to stand in a freezing cold line at WalMart. I mean, it's a really big deal for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It's pretty appalling...look at :30 where the woman takes something from a child.
    https://youtu.be/KK2XFYL3D80
    Wow.

Was that toilet paper they were fighting over at about 20 seconds in?

It occurred to me that the only consolation is that 99% of the people in that video didn't vote. Or, maybe not.

I didn't say anything about mall violence. Sheesh. No, what grosses me out are the women (and they seem to be exclusively women) who get so friggin excited about getting up at 4am to stand in a freezing cold line at WalMart. I mean, it's a really big deal for them.
    It must be kinda like looking in the mirror.

Wow.

Was that toilet paper they were fighting over at about 20 seconds in?

It occurred to me that the only consolation is that 99% of the people in that video didn't vote. Or, maybe not.
    And the Walton family snickers.... an evil snicker at that

Fighting with two cops at 2:55 over a 23"TV. I need to get out one year to watch this mayhem for the lulz.

[img]wLeMnVJaT6o[/img]
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

According to emergency personnel, early estimates indicate that more than 42 million Americans were killed this past weekend in what is now believed to be the bloodiest Black Friday shopping event in history.

First responders reporting from retail stores all across the nation said the record-breaking post-Thanksgiving shopping spree carnage began as early as midnight on Friday, when 13 million shoppers were reportedly trampled, pummeled, burned, stabbed, shot, lanced, and brutally beaten to death while attempting to participate in early holiday sales events.

Law enforcement officials said the bloodbath only escalated throughout the weekend as hordes of savage holiday shoppers began murdering customers at Wal-Mart, Sears, and JCPenney locations nationwide, leaving piles of dismembered and mutilated corpses in their wake.

“The level of bloodshed this year was almost beyond imagination—no prior Black Friday could have prepared us for this,” said National Guard commander Frank Grass, talking to reporters in front of the still-smoldering remains of a local Best Buy that was burned to the ground Saturday. “We had fire trucks, police cruisers, and guardsmen stationed at multiple locations, but it was useless. At the moment, hundreds of thousands of American shoppers are still unaccounted for, and we expect $2 billion in damage has been wrought upon our cities. ”

“The stench of death is unbearable,” a tearful Grass added. “Simply unbearable.”

As the weekend of sales drew to a close, ambulances could be seen circling the now empty and completely ravaged shopping complexes as they searched for signs of life, while clean-up crews worked to clear the rubble, overturned cars, and large pools of blood from local Kohl’s and Macy’s parking lots.

The White House issued an official response, stating, “We mourn the deaths of those 42 million American shoppers who tragically lost their lives this Black Friday.”

Survivors of the deadly holiday sales event said that while the weekend began as a chance to “get in on some unbeatable post-Thanksgiving deals,” it quickly escalated into a merciless, no-hold-barred fight to the death.

“At some point in time we all stopped caring about the deals and the holiday shopping and were pretty much just out for blood,” said Dana Marshall, 37, a Target shopper who suffered seven broken ribs and a cracked sternum while fighting two other customers for a discounted Nikon digital camera. “I remember just sitting on top of a woman and smacking her head with a DVD player until her face was completely unrecognizable. I felt nothing. Absolutely nothing.”

Wow.
    Unfortunately, I think they all voted.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Unfortunately, I think they all voted.
    ha i laughed

This shit will lead to a resurgence of Festivus.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

My black Friday experience... my daughter was 4 months old. My wife gets up at 3am, every light in the house is on. Noise noise noise. Some how the little one stays asleep. Wifey finally gets out the door, only to set her car alarm off. Rather than figure out why the alarm went off she drives away thinking it will go away. 2 minutes later she drives not up the driveway, but across the lawn right next to the front door. Horns, lights, baby screaming. I have to go out in my skibbies at 5 below to hit the alarm button on her key, then hang out with a wide awake baby til midday nap.
    The following year she got a flat tire a quarter mile up the road. Drives it back flat. Ruins the rim, and takes my truck so she can score on all the deals.
    Fuck black friday.

I don't support Black Friday.
    I hate people get pulled away from family to work on Thanksgiving night for bargain shoppers.
    I hate people fighting over pitiful things.