Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Rossignol Black Ops?

Just pulled the trigger on a pair of these, appear to be a beefed up Slat,
    146-118-140, 186 only.
    https://blackops.rossignol.com/

Anyone have any insight on these skis? Look to be exactly what I like.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Saw a pair in the lift line in Whistler... Looked to be a fun playful shape. They definitely look to be a more dual directional style than the souls and sky and super... I guess there is not much to ski pow switch with in the rossi/dynastar line-up... Let us know how they ride.
    What do you mean why do I have duct tape on my skis!?! It improves edge hold, increases pop, adds durability, and most importantly, boosts horsepower by like 30%... what? your skis don't have horsepower?

Word from the rep is Pelonia wood and carbon stringers, I like a stiffer, but playful ski so I'm hoping they fit the bill. I may have to mount them back a bit but we'll see how they look when they show up.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I saw them Wednesday and if they came in 195, I would of pulled the trigger.

The rep I talked to said they have a sheet of metal on the top sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I saw them Wednesday and if they came in 195, I would of pulled the trigger.

The rep I talked to said they have a sheet of metal on the top sheet.
    That sheet of metal might just be the mounting plate. Not that I actually know. But reps have certainly made more exaggerated claims than that...

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Yeah, 195cm is kinda getting close. Make it in a 205 and I AM ALL OVER IT.

The rep I talked to told me he was gonna give my feedback to the boiz in France and they may whip up a prototype for me to test. I'll keep all the mags posted.
    If you can get a second pair, I'll gladly give them my feed back! It's not easy to find a pair of big (200+) skis for big guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Word from the rep is Pelonia wood and carbon stringers, I like a stiffer, but playful ski so I'm hoping they fit the bill. I may have to mount them back a bit but we'll see how they look when they show up.
    I just mounted mine up the other day and have yet to ski them, but they are stiffer (hand flexing) than I originally anticipated which is a good thing. Having liked the Slat, I was looking for a stiffer, yet playful inbounds powder ski, and I think the Black Ops will fit the bill nicely.

I mounted at the recommended line which was somewhere around 2-3cm back from center (I can't recall specifically).

No metal mounting plate - calls for a 3.5 bit

I guess I do not understand the comparisons to the Rossignol Slat in this thread. The slat is 97mm wide and Black Ops is 118mm. Please enlighten...

I think people think its a beefed up, wider Slat, reminds me of a wider S6. I guess one of the team members won't ski the Soul series skis and still skis S6's and this is his, amongst some others, project. Will write a review once I ski them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebornstein View Post
    Came here to post that. Camber looks really good, and a 10 underfoot even better.

Touched and flexed an unmounted pair today. I was expecting them to be beefy and yup.
    I guess if you are concerned about swing weight then look elsewhere... I'm pretty stoked to try a pair whenever they become available,
    yet I wouldn't expect this ski to become a new major production model... more of a team ski I guess, it looks to be very well built, and I don't think it comes out of the same factory as the Soul/Sin/Sky series.
    What do you mean why do I have duct tape on my skis!?! It improves edge hold, increases pop, adds durability, and most importantly, boosts horsepower by like 30%... what? your skis don't have horsepower?

Lot like my old volkl chopsticks in terms of beef, but narrower and camber underfoot.

I just wish rossi would get back to listening to the athletes and make a few more raceroom freeride skis. Not a fan of the gimmicky high tech honeycomb skis and such. They could easily compete with blizzard and nordica if they wanted to.
    Last edited by Damian Sanders; 12-05-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post
    I just wish rossi would get back to listening to the athletes and make a few more raceroom freeride skis.
    Reminds me of the Rayvn/S6 with rocker and less taper in the tail. The blacked-out dimensions and secretive bullshit marketing is kinda lame too, probably so they can sell all 50 pair they made.

Quote Originally Posted by sicktird View Post
    Reminds me of the Rayvn/S6 with rocker and less taper in the tail. The blacked-out dimensions and secretive bullshit marketing is kinda lame too, probably so they can sell all 50 pair they made.
    Haha, yeah. Guerilla Marketing by one of the biggest, oldest brands in the industry. Stupid.
    I'm sure all the backseat driving, no poles, flippy spinny kids are begging their parents for them.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Haha, yeah. Guerilla Marketing by one of the biggest, oldest brands in the industry. Stupid.
    I'm sure all the backseat driving, no poles, flippy spinny kids are begging their parents for them.
    And you know their parents will oblige since they are rocking Souless 7s...

Black ops?

Sounds kinda racist to me, and the French are assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    No metal mounting plate - calls for a 3.5 bit
    My G3 Highballs called for a 3.5. They have metal.

I just wish rossi would get back to listening to the athletes and make a few more raceroom freeride skis. Not a fan of the gimmicky high tech honeycomb skis and such. They could easily compete with blizzard and nordica if they wanted to.
    They have sold a ton of Soul 7's and Super 7's. While certainly more of the Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla of skis, they play to the masses. Now they made them the "HD" and made the Super 7 more super with the turquoise topsheet and they get to sell the same customer a tweaked version of the same ski all over again. Not my cup of tea, but brilliant if it gets the sales.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by reckless toboggan View Post
    Black ops?

Sounds kinda racist to me, and the French are assholes.
    African-American Ops would be the proper nomenclature, unless you're not talking about the guys who built the underground railroads.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Lot like my old volkl chopsticks in terms of beef, but narrower and camber underfoot.

The S7 series of skis has taken Rossi from their death throws around the time thy had freeride athlete inspired skis to being one of the healthiest ski brands and businesses around.

That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't encourage bringing the RC112 back under the black ops brand next year.
    Last edited by XavierD; 12-08-2016 at 06:23 PM.

Hand fucked a pair today. They is nice!

Stiff underfoot and more flexible toward tip and tail. Blister just reviewed the ski, but only had preliminary info.

IMO - Would be great Pow ski for someone who doesn't weigh 195 pounds like I do. Why not make a 192 or the like? 186 is a bit limiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    They have sold a ton of Soul 7's and Super 7's. While certainly more of the Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla of skis, they play to the masses. Now they made them the "HD" and made the Super 7 more super with the turquoise topsheet and they get to sell the same customer a tweaked version of the same ski all over again. Not my cup of tea, but brilliant if it gets the sales.
    That's great for them, and I fully encourage engaging the gaper market, it's just that they could still stand to make some more serious skis, even if it is just a few models.

There are so many smaller manufactures that fill that niche, why bother? I had a pair of s6, they were fine skis, but I won't be looking at Rossi for any ski purchases in the near future. RC112 show up in gear swap all the time.