Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    PSA: Skookum has the 186 length on sale for $480 CAD and the 176 for $540 CAD.

https://skookum-sa.shoplightspeed.co...969&quantity=1

Has anyone been mainly on a 190cm Bibby/Wildcat prior, or similar 188-190 true length freestyle ski and dropped down to the 184 true length BO118? If so, how are you feeling about the move?

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Has anyone been mainly on a 190cm Bibby/Wildcat prior, or similar 188-190 true length freestyle ski and dropped down to the 184 true length BO118? If so, how are you feeling about the move?
    At 6,1 175lbs I was not successful doing that. The BO always felt a touch too short, but with how heavy it is it didn’t provide me with the stability I would have expected either.

Mounted -5cm from TC

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    At 6,1 175lbs I was not successful doing that. The BO always felt a touch too short, but with how heavy it is it didn’t provide me with the stability I would have expected either.

Mounted -5cm from TC
    I think I might actually buy this bad boy without demoing, but I'm a bit afraid of what you are saying. One of the only skis I feel good about on paper enough to buy. It's almost old school. How did you feel about the 187 Menace 98? I find the menace short, but "just enough" for stability while being a playful quiver ski. I ski them mounted at -3.75 for buttering and spinning around all mountain and learning more park stuff. Thinking the BO118 is the ultimate version of this ski, like I brought up a month ago and you directed towards Candide 3.0. I don't mind a 118mm ski for daily drive at all.

You're comment again leads to Moment Wildcats though, I highly appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I had the 184 Bibby and the 190 Wildcat 108. Purely in terms of length, the BO118 186 feels in between the two. A bit more stable than the 184 Bibby, but a bit easier to turn than the 190 Wildcat 108. I'd say it's also more stable than the 190, but that's mostly because the newer wildcats are pretty light and get kicked around in chop a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I had the 184 Bibby and the 190 Wildcat 108. Purely in terms of length, the BO118 186 feels in between the two. A bit more stable than the 184 Bibby, but a bit easier to turn than the 190 Wildcat 108. I'd say it's also more stable than the 190, but that's mostly because the newer wildcats are pretty light and get kicked around in chop a bit more.
    Thanks for the info.

I'm thinking the 186 Black Ops will be just enough for me at my weight. I'm going to try to lose some weight too, get closer to 200lbs. On deep days, once it gets tracked out and then bumped out (which is not long at Squaw), I actually prefer a slightly short ski that I can manhandle, in order to almost "slither" through the messy stuff before it gets slightly packed down. I like this technique better than driving skis the way I would over small-medium bumps or smoother snow. I find longer skis (if they don't have some tech preventing this IE Billy Goats) to get hung up more or have more drag almost, in those deep thick bumps. 190 Wildcat is about as much ski as I'd want for these types of conditions. When it's more untracked, ya big skis all the way. I never ski untracked lol.

If I can find a deal, I'll probably jump on the BOs for next year. I want Wildcats as my 50/50 skis and BO Gamer for playing around the resort in softer conditions. I like shorter skis (184-186 true length) for actually spinning and buttering too. Again, Wildcats being about as much ski as I'd want for (trying to) jib

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    Blister posted their flash review of the Sender Squad and it is quite positive. Anyone else get more time on those?
    I am officially obsessed with idea of the Sender Squad after reading that flash review.

Anyone got some rocker profile pics to help a junky get their fix?

Quote Originally Posted by PowderNoob View Post
    I am officially obsessed with idea of the Sender Squad after reading that flash review.

Anyone got some rocker profile pics to help a junky get their fix?
    Where is Google when you need a fix no? "sender squad profile" (press the link) TGR delivers in the form of bry and post 563 in the 20/21 gear rumor thread If you go through his and other mags posts on the Squads then the feedback is not overwhelmingly positive. I guess you could reach out to bry and others directly to get their 2c

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Picked up a scale and weighed some skis older and new:

Took off 1260g for P18s

192 Pro Riders 2664/2660
    191 Mantra 102 2324/2366
    191 Katana 108 2460/2449
    194 Sender Squad 112 2332/2428

Split about 38-39 days on the LPRs and Mantras last year until about March 12. Love them both dearly.

Sender Squad has a sweet camber profile.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 05-24-2021 at 05:51 PM. Reason: color me impressed AEV

Quote Originally Posted by bry View Post
    Sender Squad has a sweet camber profile.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Sender

Hey AEV, are you in/near Tahoe nowadays? Let me know if you want a used BO118 186cm for $215, nice edges and bases, except drilled twice for FKS...so it will perform great, but might be hard to re-sell it later if you drill it a 3rd time. Not my sale, but I can connect you with the seller in Tahoe.

I wanted to buy it myself, but 186cm is just too short for me.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Rossignol BIPOC Ops. Making the best skiers quivers all right - not all white.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Some Black Ops 118 stoke. I will admit, after having not skied them in 18+ months, I was beginning to wonder if I wanted something more playful/lighter for my resort pow ski (I love skiing the Bentchetler 120 as my fat touring setup, and they are 600 gm lighter than the BO 118 per board).

But I took the Black Ops 118s out yesterday at the resort, skiing both perfect pow early and deep chop later. And I fell in love with them all over again. For a skier that doesn’t mind a progressive mount point, they are a surprisingly versatile, chargey, and exceptionally damp ski for deep/soft days of lift access skiing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvMVwi7h2rQ

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Some Black Ops 118 stoke. I will admit, after having not skied them in 18+ months, I was beginning to wonder if I wanted something more playful/lighter for my resort pow ski (I love skiing the Bentchetler 120 as my fat touring setup, and they are 600 gm lighter than the BO 118 per board).

But I took the Black Ops 118s out yesterday at the resort, skiing both perfect pow early and deep chop later. And I fell in love with them all over again. For a skier that doesn’t mind a progressive mount point, they are a surprisingly versatile, chargey, and exceptionally damp ski for deep/soft days of lift access skiing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvMVwi7h2rQ
    Hell yeah.

Who said thumpers can't float?

Got a pair waiting to be mounted and trying to decide whether to go demo binding to play with mount point or just lock 'em in at rec minus whatever blister suggested.

Probably depends on personal preference for mount point more than anything. I think Luke Koppa likes them at -2cm from rec, which is close to where I have mine.

Also of note, like other posters alluded to above, the 186 cm may not feel like enough ski for bigger humans. If you are taller than 5’ 11” and/or heavier than 180 lbs, the progressive mount point of the BO 118 may not be doing you any favors for float in the 186 length. I’m 5’ 9” and 150 lbs, and prefer a mount point around -4cm from true center. So the 186 cm at -1 cm from rec feels great for me (-3.5cm from TC).

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Probably depends on personal preference for mount point more than anything. I think Luke Koppa likes them at -2cm from rec, which is close to where I have mine.

Also of note, like other posters alluded to above, the 186 cm may not feel like enough ski for bigger humans. If you are taller than 5’ 11” and/or heavier than 180 lbs, the progressive mount point of the BO 118 may not be doing you any favors for float in the 186 length. I’m 5’ 9” and 150 lbs, and prefer a mount point around -4cm from true center. So the 186 cm at -1 cm from rec feels great for me (-3.5cm from TC).
    Very helpful. Thanks DG.

This thread seems focused on the 118 version. Thoughts on the BO Sender Ti 187? I’m looking for something different than my metal lam quiver (191 mantra, 197 katana etc) that can deal with tighter terrain and take a little less work but still has somewhat decent dampness and stability at speed. The online reviews are a bit schizo…my local shop praised it in that dept (ie not as damp and stable as mantra 102 but not bad).
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

anyone know how the OG Black Ops 118 (all black, maybe 16/17?) version compares with the 19/20/21/22 revision? Blister mentions that the past 4 years are all unchanged but wasnt sure if that held true for the original as well

Quote Originally Posted by fbw360 View Post
    anyone know how the OG Black Ops 118 (all black, maybe 16/17?) version compares with the 19/20/21/22 revision? Blister mentions that the past 4 years are all unchanged but wasnt sure if that held true for the original as well
    Unchanged
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    Unchanged
    perfect - cheers

Any reason not to mount Sender Squads on the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Any reason not to mount Sender Squads on the line?
    Which line, lol! I tried both, liked both, preferred the -6 over the -8, if I got another pair I’d go on the -6 line.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heh, touché. The center "Preferred" line.

Anyone got the inside on the new black ops “108” that’s coming mid winter? I’m so in love with the squad and B118 layup so I’m hoping we’ll get some of the same magic here.

Has anyone been able to compare (and enjoy) the BO118 and the (old thus reasonably-weighed and sturdier/more rugged) Bentchetler 120?

The older iterations of the BC120 is one of my favorite skis/shapes ever, aside from the obviously excellent floating and playfulness I've always appreciated its ability to ski chopped up/tracked snow pretty well (2 big caveats: I am lightweight and I have appreciated forward mounts and non directional skiing all my life so my idea of "chop bashing" is pretty personal).

I like the BO118 on paper/specs but I am still on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by oltrepiave View Post
    Has anyone been able to compare (and enjoy) the BO118 and the (old thus reasonably-weighed and sturdier/more rugged) Bentchetler 120?

The older iterations of the BC120 is one of my favorite skis/shapes ever, aside from the obviously excellent floating and playfulness I've always appreciated its ability to ski chopped up/tracked snow pretty well (2 big caveats: I am lightweight and I have appreciated forward mounts and non directional skiing all my life so my idea of "chop bashing" is pretty personal).

I like the BO118 on paper/specs but I am still on the fence.
    I've only got a day on the older BCs (2013), so take this for what its worth. I found that it is a very capable ski; similar stability at speed when on softer snow, easier to slash and get sideways, similar pop for manualing and landing tail heavy. Biggest thing I noticed was hard snow performance was lacking when compared to the BO118. The BO118 has more camber under foot and a more traditional shape which Ive found carves on firm snow better. I've got a ton of days on the BO118, and I was surprised on how much I liked the slightly shorter BC.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net