Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Anyone else running these as a soft snow DD? Have narrowed down my next ski buy to something wider than 105 and seems like this could be more versatile than Wildcat 108, Woodsman 108, etc. but still a little nervous about pulling the trigger on something this wide. I like to ski squirrelly steeps and then run bases flat back to the lift for another lap. Strong legs so not worried about weight. Want float and chop stability. I’m 5’11” 190 and ski forward so a little worried they could be too short also. Would mount around -3 from the line.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    Anyone else running these as a soft snow DD? Have narrowed down my next ski buy to something wider than 105 and seems like this could be more versatile than Wildcat 108, Woodsman 108, etc. but still a little nervous about pulling the trigger on something this wide. I like to ski squirrelly steeps and then run bases flat back to the lift for another lap. Strong legs so not worried about weight. Want float and chop stability. I’m 5’11” 190 and ski forward so a little worried they could be too short also. Would mount around -3 from the line.
    Caveat: I'm new to the BO 118 - have maybe 5 days on them. Have owned the WC108, and the BO replaced my old Bibbys. I think the BO works well as a soft snow inbounds daily driver in that it's damp and stable (or at least, stable by the standard of skis with a fairly progressive mount) and it handles chop well. That said, it feels like a big ski - bigger than the Bibby. It floats better, but it also feels excessive and kind of klunky when the snow is soft but not deep. In other words, it's maybe a better option for the day of the storm, but a worse option for the day after the storm (or, as is the case these days, better the morning of the storm, worse by 11:00 when everything is thrashed).

To put it yet another way, I like the ski a lot, but it also makes me want something a little narrower and more manageable for when its soft but not fresh. That'd be in addition to the BO, not instead of it (n+1, obviously). A Moment Deathwish comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    I grab my blops 118 most days it seems. Not the absolute best in every condition but it’s really hard not to have fun on them.

For really deep untracked powder, I wish they were longer (even with them mounted -2 from rec), but as soon as it gets tracked out they are amazing, just monster truck over/through anything, incredibly stable. After a few days on them, I stopped noticing the weight and have no issue with them in narrow steeps/trees or even big moguls. Once it it turns to 100% chalk or hard pack I’ll grab my ranger 102s but if there is any hint of softness I am grabbing the black ops.

For context I’m 5’10”, 160-165lbs.

Good feedback, thanks. Also some potential news on a longer length. Big if true:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...79#post6243279

i mounted mine -3.5 from the line and it's too much. seems like consensus is -2 from line?

Quote Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
    i mounted mine -3.5 from the line and it's too much. seems like consensus is -2 from line?
    -2 works well for me, though I haven’t tried them anywhere else...

They really need to make these in the 192-194 range....

Sounds like they will be

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    Sounds like they will be
    gahhh that'd be just swell...

where have you heard about this being possible?

*the link a few posts up wasn't working*

21-22 Gear rumour thread here and NS. Same poster I think.

Quote Originally Posted by skisurfmirth View Post
    21-22 Gear rumour thread here and NS. Same poster I think.
    copy that....for some reason the link worked this time. If that intel is from who they say it's from, that does sound promising.

update. i chagned moumnt from -3.5 to -2 and it made a big difference. skied groomers way more intuitively and was overall a much more manageable ski for me. i'm on the 186 - 5'9 170lbs. i do think they have a large sweet spot and are super damp but i don't find them very responsive. maybe just my size and the ski size. great ski for day after pow or heavy pnw pow.

which ski is a wider sender ti

which ski would you say is a wider sender ti? (being similarly stable and with the same ease of use)
    As i have understood the sender squad doesnt ski very similarly with the ti or no? and i think it only comes in 194
    maybe the rustler 11 (188 or 192) , the faction dictator 4.O or what else

Rossignol Black Ops?

FYI for those interested Corbett’s just dropped their price to $480 Canadian Pesos or ~$382 USD. Grab them while you can. Just snagged a backup pair. I’m sure the 186 will go quick.

https://www.corbetts.com/2021-rossig...ps-gamer-skis/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    FYI for those interested Corbett’s just dropped their price to $480 Canadian Pesos or ~$382 USD. Grab them while you can. Just snagged a backup pair. I’m sure the 186 will go quick.

https://www.corbetts.com/2021-rossig...ps-gamer-skis/

Damn!! Gone already.

I wish these came in 189-192cm, but they are so darn close I should try them. I prefer wide skis for everyday use, normally reserving 98-105mm skis for very low tide conditions. How do these compare to Bibbys/Wildcats on those moderately hard days? I actually like WC118 on hard days, so much so I got rid of PB&Js.

Could this ski be a contender for me? They got the weight and I don't mind the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    I wish these came in 189-192cm, but they are so darn close I should try them. I prefer wide skis for everyday use, normally reserving 98-105mm skis for very low tide conditions. How do these compare to Bibbys/Wildcats on those moderately hard days? I actually like WC118 on hard days, so much so I got rid of PB&Js.

Could this ski be a contender for me? They got the weight and I don't mind the mount.
    Blister let it leak Rossi is releasing a 190+ version for next year. It’s buried in the comments on the new Solomon 112 wide twin tip when I asked if the new Solomon would be a good Gunsmoke replacement

My hopes are low since its the least "TGR" ski imaginable but has anyone here skied the Black Ops Alpineer touring ski? It looks the exact same as the old Seek 7 Tour. I'm interested because its cheap AF for a light and fast spring traverse ski.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Blister let it leak Rossi is releasing a 190+ version for next year. It’s buried in the comments on the new Solomon 112 wide twin tip when I asked if the new Solomon would be a good Gunsmoke replacement

Whats up skibrd! That sounds pretty rad. What ski is the 112mm Salomon twin tip? That sounds right up my alley if it's heavy enough. 110-115mm is my preferred waist width for skiing WY/MT/CA.

I gotta run through the quiver pic thread, and see what you are skiing these days.

My opinion based on a whole bunch of days on the 184 WC108 and about 10 days on the 186 Black Ops 118:

Despite its width, I actually prefer the Black Ops to the WC108 on firm days. The Black Ops has less tip/tail taper, less deep rocker lines and less splay than the WC108, as well as a damper construction. These traits make it a more fun carver, IMO - quicker to engage the sidecut, easier to get high up on edge, tracks way better in variable snow. The WC108 is lighter, snappier, quicker to roll over edge to edge, and more energetic. For what I care about (going fast and carving big turns) the B0118 is the superior tool.

I'm convinced I need to try them.

OG Bibby lover but switched to the Black Ops this year after my Bibbys finally died. WC of the past few years is super light which I wasn’t looking for with most of my skiing in the PNW.

As far as on a firm day personally I’d be grabbing something less wide but that applies to the Bibby too. I think I’d give the slight edge to the Bibby as they are a quicker ski while still being pretty damp and I don’t ski quite as fast when the snow is shit. This is based on the old Bibby not the current WC though.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    OG Bibby lover but switched to the Black Ops this year after my Bibbys finally died. WC of the past few years is super light which I wasn’t looking for with most of my skiing in the PNW.

As far as on a firm day personally I’d be grabbing something less wide but that applies to the Bibby too. I think I’d give the slight edge to the Bibby as they are a quicker ski while still being pretty damp and I don’t ski quite as fast when the snow is shit. This is based on the old Bibby not the current WC though.

Same deal with me - switch from bibby's to black ops this year. Agree with everything you said.

Whats up skibrd! That sounds pretty rad. What ski is the 112mm Salomon twin tip? That sounds right up my alley if it's heavy enough. 110-115mm is my preferred waist width for skiing WY/MT/CA.

I gotta run through the quiver pic thread, and see what you are skiing these days.
    Salomon Blank, blister dropped a review of it a few weeks back. It flex’s nice.

Blister posted their flash review of the Sender Squad and it is quite positive. Anyone else get more time on those?