Sedona Recommendations for next three days

Good Thanksgiving evening - hope you are all full and properly lubricated

my wife made some good thanksgiving plans and has us in Sedona for a few days and we have time to roam so -

Looking for recommendations on favorite all day rides & is riding up Schnebly and down munds a fun option? If the DH is fun and a good payoff we have the legs/lungs and some interweb searches turn it up as a decent ride. Rode mescal, deadmans and Airie today.

Have fun & thanks
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Grab the Beartooth Map of the area.

I had T-giving dinner at the map-makers house and he needs the coin to pay for my gluttony.

Ride Slim Shady, HiLine, Baldwin, Templeton, etc- that should be a solid 12-14 miles of fun tech.

If you're looking for a shorter ride, I really like the stuff in Soldier's Wash like Javelina, Grand Central, and Adobe Jack. Not as gnar as HiLine/Hangover, but still fun stuff. Plus it's right there in town.

Sedona Recommendations for next three days

Munds isn't worth riding, except as an exit from Hangover (and perhaps not then). Ride the Hiline loop as described above. Soldiers Pass is fun, but only a couple of hours of decent riding (include the anthill loop) unless you out and back on teacup and trails to the West, which aren't worth it. The loop around the hogs is fun, many ways to link it up clockwise loops depending on your level, hit high on the hog and hog heaven if you cleaned most of Hiline, otherwise give them a miss and descend on little horse. Hangover is an incredible trail, but you'll be walking lots unless you're a pro.
    Last edited by kootenayskier; 11-25-2016 at 07:51 PM.

thanks all - had a blast on slimshady, to Hog Wash, Twin Buttes to Lamma and a brief out and back on hi-line today. thanks for the no-go on munds will stay away, may try something to link airport loop to templeton to hi line and back to town on Saturday.
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Hangover is super fun. Difficult part is the climb. Only one person in our group greased the entire climb (all on Enduro bikes.) The decent is very technical and exposed. We rode everything on the descent except I walked one right hand turn that was wicked exposed at the bottom of a fairly fast loose decent. So it's all rideable even by non pros, but it's certainly challenging. Frankly, not one of my favorites. Fwiw
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Bump for about the same exact question, and same exact week of the year, two years later.

Anything else recommended or new since the OP? Headed down for a substantial amount of time to visit. Also looking for recommendations other than Moab or Phil's on the way back as we will be taking a few days to get back to CO.

West Sedona has some fun loops now. There is a good figure 8 loop including Chuckwagon, Mezcal, Aerie, etc. Its a bit faster/smoother than the riding in Oak Creek. The trails south of the high school and Western Civ/Ledge n Airy are fun too. Chuckwagon and some other trails are overrun with hikers so weekends and T-giving holiday days might get busy.

sedona blows, over rated, shit show like breckenridge, boring trails, tourons for hundreds of miles, vortexes (don't for get your edibles)
    so you can get sucked into one
    don't waist your time
    on the way home Sante fe would be a nice stop with some riding options, as (I can't say the word) as sante fe is, I dig it my kind of people

If the familial vortex aligns Iíll get to ride Sedona Friday & Saturday, maybe Flagstaff Thursday depending on conditions