Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    /\ yup, have to convince the wife to get our 1 month old over this winter to get uh ..acclimated( she doesnt ski). Might even bring him out on xc to the snowmobile trails on timberside ( she does that).

Quote Originally Posted by Magicsnowboard View Post

Day care = solved
    Find the shotski. Put babies underneath. Someone will be by to grab it before you know it & glance @ the babies.

Radville, suburb of Stoke City, just north of Awesome Town
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Find the shotski. Put babies underneath. Someone will be by to grab it before you know it & glance @ the babies.
    I like to leave Emma under the shot ski because I know I will be returning to that spot. I can kill two birds with one stone that way. Besides, Craig, Mellisa and Denise can look after a baby out of the corner of their eye better than I can with 100% effort.

Actually, with the new fridge and keg system they should have a lot more free time for looking after children.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I keep thinking about this guy. This could have happened to any one of us! Man... want to do something cool for him but I've got to think for a bit about what.
    x2.

MNIAW - if you can update us to understand what Keenan and his family may need (beyond vibes and well wishes, of course) to make his recovery go smoother, make his day to day easier, etc. I think a Magic based fundraiser may be a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    x2.

MNIAW - if you can update us to understand what Keenan and his family may need (beyond vibes and well wishes, of course) to make his recovery go smoother, make his day to day easier, etc. I think a Magic based fundraiser may be a great idea.
    Based on what is needed for a local girl who was paralyzed in a car accident this fall in the valley. There will likely need to be modifications to his home for ingress/egress and interior access.

So probably funds for this and or I would join a crew of Mags to help do some on the work.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

x2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Based on what is needed for a local girl who was paralyzed in a car accident this fall in the valley. There will likely need to be modifications to his home for ingress/egress and interior access.

So probably funds for this and or I would join a crew of Mags to help do some on the work.
    I continue to be in awe of the goodness of people on this thread...the family is fairly well-to-do so funds don't seem to be the issue. Gman is going to do some incredible things to raise his spirits. If there are any needs that the family passes on, I will let you all know. They are currently frantically looking for an accessible home here in the BTV area. Seriously, though, cards and letters from total strangers would totally blow him away and raise his spirits.

I will try to get something together for opening day so we can take pics and toast him with a banner or something to show the love through pics. So many of you have mad photog skillzz; I'll work with DoWork and the Magic crew to put something together. Maybe we can get a song preference and have Goofyfoot perform while we all toast and video the event. Stay tuned for mo info.

MAGIC MT 16/17- Fresh Starts & Fresh Tracks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

I was just thinking that. How about we do the double whammy- a Magic based fundraiser to ring up some cash, which will go for materials. We can then pool our maggoty skillzzz and build him a ramp or wide doors/bathroom railzzz whatever else they may need... or something like that.

Fundraisers are fun but we can definitely go one step further. We are way too rad to stop there IMO.

Edit: should have scrolled past VTFs post, but I'm 100% in for showering Keenan with radness and stoke!
    Last edited by DoWork; 12-07-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Btw that pic stoke was nice, we should keep that train running!!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magic 12-13-2014.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	833.3 KB 
ID:	194547
    December 2014 after one of the snow/rain cycles

Name:	Grant Magic 12-13-2014.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	672.5 KB 
ID:	194548
    Peruvian on the way down

Name:	Magic 12-13-2014 3.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	560.9 KB 
ID:	194549
    It was getting dark but the snow was excellent

That day was such a surprise.

mmmm. beef and beer.

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I was just thinking that. How about we do the double whammy- a Magic based fundraiser to ring up some cash, which will go for materials. We can then pool our maggoty skillzzz and build him a ramp or wide doors/bathroom railzzz whatever else they may need... or something like that.

Fundraisers are fun but we can definitely go one step further. We are way too rad to stop there IMO.

Edit: should have scrolled past VTFs post, but I'm 100% in for showering Keenan with radness and stoke!
    Can we dedicate a chair to Keenan on red? I know it's a pain in the ass to paint them but just spit balling on some ideas that would get him stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    mmmm. beef and beer.
    Hope you and the family are well...
    Beef and beers down here make a killing for $$$$......
    XMAS card bought last night and trying to think of a cool little gift to send to this young gun,,,,,
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I continue to be in awe of the goodness of people on this thread...the family is fairly well-to-do so funds don't seem to be the issue. Gman is going to do some incredible things to raise his spirits. If there are any needs that the family passes on, I will let you all know. They are currently frantically looking for an accessible home here in the BTV area. Seriously, though, cards and letters from total strangers would totally blow him away and raise his spirits.

I will try to get something together for opening day so we can take pics and toast him with a banner or something to show the love through pics. So many of you have mad photog skillzz; I'll work with DoWork and the Magic crew to put something together. Maybe we can get a song preference and have Goofyfoot perform while we all toast and video the event. Stay tuned for mo info.
    He still has use of his arms? Maybe not something right away as there is always hope to regain leg movement, but a sit ski would be something to think about next year maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Can we dedicate a chair to Keenan on red? I know it's a pain in the ass to paint them but just spit balling on some ideas that would get him stoked.
    I like this idea. Maybe something subtle like his initials below a chair #. What does the Director of Mtn Ops think?

Sorry for the anti-stoke but many on here wanted to know. The youngun that had the accident at MRG before Thnxgiving was recently moved to a rehab hospital in Charlestown, MA. The prognosis is still not good but the mind is a powerful healer. If you have the time, please send him a note of strength and encouragement:
    Keenan Weischedel
    Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
    Room 611
    300 First Avenue
    Charlestown, MA 02129

Going to x-post on ECRC...

The best thing we can do is have a great fucking season in his honor.
    Well wishes sent to Keenan via the CaringBridge website this morning.

Sent a card to Keenan.
    Lots of stars will pop up when he opens the card.
    Hope this will lighten a moment for him.
    Last edited by nutmegchoi; 12-09-2016 at 05:47 PM.

I like this idea. Maybe something subtle like his initials below a chair #. What does the Director of Mtn Ops think?

I think you should figure out what his fav # is

If you don't follow the website or the FB page, Geoff offered up a realistic projection on what opening day will look like. Events are conspiring against them to get much open on Saturday but I'm thinking he's under-promising in hopes of over-delivering. Red Chair certification tomorrow and snowmaking starts tomorrow or Wednesday. I guess a lot depends on what happens with the current event. Snowing hard here in BTV at 5:30am with about 2 13/16 already on the ground. NWS forecast showed the Golden Triangle in the sweet spot for this storm. Still, the rocks on that work road are a bitch to get covered.

Great informal volunteer day at the lodge on Saturday. I was amazed at how many people showed up. The place is cleaner than it has been since it was built and new carpet this week. The new layout upstairs is way better and the greatest thing? Fiddlehead IPA on tap this year!

If you don't follow the website or the FB page, Geoff offered up a realistic projection on what opening day will look like. Events are conspiring against them to get much open on Saturday but I'm thinking he's under-promising in hopes of over-delivering. Red Chair certification tomorrow and snowmaking starts tomorrow or Wednesday. I guess a lot depends on what happens with the current event. Snowing hard here in BTV at 5:30am with about 2 13/16 already on the ground. NWS forecast showed the Golden Triangle in the sweet spot for this storm. Still, the rocks on that work road are a bitch to get covered.

Great informal volunteer day at the lodge on Saturday. I was amazed at how many people showed up. The place is cleaner than it has been since it was built and new carpet this week. The new layout upstairs is way better and the greatest thing? Fiddlehead IPA on tap this year!

The sheer volume of critical components being upgraded and changed all at once has definitely led to some major challenges. I just hope that everyone understands that it is all happening as fast as humanly possible and people are understanding if we can't get t2b for the 17th. I've told G many times that our communication has to be spotless during this time, as we all have (and have set) high expectations.

We are trying so fucking hard, but everything we're working on was pretty much left in shambles by the old guard. Coupled with our desire to make everything right, it's been rough. We have been uncovering things that need remedy almost daily, but we are knocking them down left and right, working crazy hours and making major headway.

Fiddlehead on tap and tribute in tallboys. Now if we could just get FedEx and UPS to actually deliver things when they say they will that would be great!

Keep fighting the good fight, DW.

We know there was 2 tons of work and the delayed closing was not helpful.

On a positive note, about 8" of new snow here in Peru equates to about 6" in L'derry. That's a bit of a kick start.

Keep fighting the good fight, DW.

We know there was 2 tons of work and the delayed closing was not helpful.

On a positive note, about 8" of new snow here in Peru equates to about 6" in L'derry. That's a bit of a kick start.

Thanks brotha!

What came down as soft and fluffy this morning had definitely become more packable snowball snow by the end of the day. Saw a few people making a few good looking turns fwiw, but tide is still definitely low. May get up early tomorrow and see what happened up top, I could really use a turn or two.

If we get anything of note later this week, things could start looking up very quickly!

The sheer volume of critical components being upgraded and changed all at once has definitely led to some major challenges. I just hope that everyone understands that it is all happening as fast as humanly possible and people are understanding if we can't get t2b for the 17th. I've told G many times that our communication has to be spotless during this time, as we all have (and have set) high expectations.

We are trying so fucking hard, but everything we're working on was pretty much left in shambles by the old guard. Coupled with our desire to make everything right, it's been rough. We have been uncovering things that need remedy almost daily, but we are knocking them down left and right, working crazy hours and making major headway.

Fiddlehead on tap and tribute in tallboys. Now if we could just get FedEx and UPS to actually deliver things when they say they will that would be great!
    I think most understand the complexity of what you all are trying to accomplish. And F'kna with the Fiddlehead and Tribute!!
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Pics from seasons of yore!

This season needs to start just so I can see all your faces again!

jgb@etree Guest
    ^^See you on the 29th. Keep focusing on the important stuff, and I'll handle skunk control when I get up there.