Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 1127
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by jgb@etree View Post
    Speaking of this, anyone seen whats going on with the reconfiguration upstairs? Looked like they were moving the bar in front of the big windows starting about where "the couch" used to be, and from one of DW's posts it sound like there will be taps at the mini bar in the corner by the bathrooms across from the tuning room and/or at the service windows that haven't been used since I was a kid. I assume the tables displaced by the bar will be relocated to where the bar was. Any ideas if they're planning on setting aside tables for "resturant" seating?



    FIFY
    LOL? I'm a little uncomfortable liking the FIFY.

    TR nailed the dining table question below.

    As far as additional beer taps, the mini-bar by the bathroom hallway is gone. They will have 4 taps in the "fast food" window area. Please, please, please get rid of that horrible jukebox.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    There will be tables in the new reserved section. Let the maitre d' know you're a Dartmouth grad along with a wink and you should be able to get a table.
    Back on a roll...

    Quote Originally Posted by m9c60f View Post
    From what I understand bar moved to where stage was for prime viewing via the A frame windows. Stage at opposite end of main A framed section. I do believe there will be a more permanent/active satellite beer bar area in the corner.
    This is correct on the bar location but not on the satellite beer taps; see above. BTW, they already fixed the soft spot in the floor by the corner of the old bar. Sub-structure was solid, just a stupid patch job of the underlayment that is now done right.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,030
    Looking forward to a pilgrimage to the new and improved. Cheers!
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  3. #53
    Gman's Avatar
    Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Billyburg, NY
    Posts
    1,712
    I still remember the summit we did there years ago when we rented that old church for the all the mags. I think that was my first exposure to magic, must have been 2009 or something like that?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,030
    That was rad.
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    835
    MMP on a fine busy day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3295 (2).jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	613.6 KB 
ID:	193985

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    835
    PJ09
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3373 (2).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	193987

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    PJ09
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3373 (2).jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	193987
    Was this right before he attempted to ski through the tree?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    I still remember the summit we did there years ago when we rented that old church for the all the mags. I think that was my first exposure to magic, must have been 2009 or something like that?
    That was my jong dive in the deep end of TGR. Knowing nothing and never having met anyone IRL or skied at Mgic, I rented the church and we had something like 20 people there. I believe you and Mrs. Gman set up in an entrance vestibule. Got me hooked on this place, Magic and all you fuckers!

    And this never gets old:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jim_skier.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	873.4 KB 
ID:	194029

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Was this right before he attempted to ski through the tree?
    Possibly. When good times go bad. Looks like you almost did here.

    MNIAW
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3403 (2).jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	860.9 KB 
ID:	194035

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by GetAmped View Post
    That was my jong dive in the deep end of TGR. Knowing nothing and never having met anyone IRL or skied at Mgic, I rented the church and we had something like 20 people there. I believe you and Mrs. Gman set up in an entrance vestibule. Got me hooked on this place, Magic and all you fuckers!

    And this never gets old:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jim_skier.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	873.4 KB 
ID:	194029
    Wow, that's classic. Never seen this before - circa?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    835
    GetAmped getting amped on Cape Day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4626 (2).jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	194037
    Last edited by RustyGroomer; 12-02-2016 at 07:05 AM.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,888
    What do you guys have, game cameras all over the woods?
    DISCLAIMER: I am only a fry cook. The foregoing statements are merely observations from a fellow forum member and do NOT constitute legal advice. Do NOT rely on the foregoing observations. If you seek counsel from an attorney, engage one. If your fries are soggy, file a complaint with restaurant management.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,731
    Are we playing the wayback game? If so...

    bigdaddy



    Magicsnowboard



    This is fun

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Back in the barrel again
    Posts
    1,322
    Dang, those woods look a lot like Son of Guido and look exactly like Chat Noir on a bump not too far from Manchester, NH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post

    ....
    Happy Shredding Season to one and all!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,036
    Still in disbelief all this is happening, very excited to see what Do Work, Geoff and team have in store for us. DW are you going to be able to ski anymorezz?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Was this right before he attempted to ski through the tree?
    It might have been. Some memories have blurred together.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.savemagicvermont.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/
    Hats made by me! use Coupon Code MAGGOT for 15% off. Pro deals available, just ask.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    6,789
    Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Still in disbelief all this is happening, very excited to see what Do Work, Geoff and team have in store for us. DW are you going to be able to ski anymorezz?

    New daily & constant line checking policy pretty much guarantees laps, but as for hammering pow with the maggot horde all day... Probably not unfortunately.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,200
    I volunteer to be your spotter when checking lines pre-opening...just sayin'

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Inside the Circle
    Posts
    1,200
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGroomer View Post
    Possibly. When good times go bad. Looks like you almost did here.

    MNIAW
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3403 (2).jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	860.9 KB 
ID:	194035
    Love this photo...tree is in focus and I'm not; artsy as fuck.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,704
    Hope Donny still rages the snow machine during operating hours.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    1,259
    Getting really pump to pay a visit!

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    soaring on the shitwinds
    Posts
    6,789

    MAGIC MT 16/17- Fresh Starts & Fresh Tracks!!

    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Hope Donny still rages the snow machine during operating hours.

    Don't worry he will. Right up ze meedle!! Gotta give people *something* to complain about!

    Lots happening on the hill. Snowmaking test is right around the corner, so new sexy guns are getting dropped all over. Talisman had already been converted to all brand new state of the art HKD 30' Impulse towers as of yesterday too.

    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Don't worry he will. Right up ze meedle!! Gotta give people *something* to complain about!

    Lots happening on the hill. Snowmaking test is right around the corner, so new sexy guns are getting dropped all over. Talisman had already been converted to all brand new state of the art HKD 30' Impulse towers as of yesterday too.

    Nice DW, psyched for you.

    So, is the plan to face the guns into the trees?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,030
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    So, is the plan to face the guns into the trees?
    GREAT IDEA
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Love this photo...tree is in focus and I'm not; artsy as fuck.
    Me too. AAF is right.

    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Hope Donny still rages the snow machine during operating hours.
    Hopefully faster.

    Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    Getting really pump to pay a visit!
    You should be. It's all coming together.

    Lots of work getting done on & off the hill. The place looks the best it has in many many years. By far.

    Fresh tracks this am too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PierceFresh.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	194279

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •