Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    to the woman I saw wearing a surgical mask for the descent: I will buy you a buff.
    Maybe it was one of the clinic girls on their lunch break

Stayed in the resort today. Really soggy below 9k. Rope drop on backside was nice, I don't think I've ever skied a fresh line down that before. Great exercise in skiing by braille.

Snow was surprisingly good until 1 then it turned to schmoo. Got stuck on way to car and wind was interesting. But all around a fun day
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    Maybe it was one of the clinic girls on their lunch break

Stayed in the resort today. Really soggy below 9k. Rope drop on backside was nice, I don't think I've ever skied a fresh line down that before. Great exercise in skiing by braille.
    Best snow was off supreme and out Catherine's. Pasty lower was fantastic. I second sloppy below 9k. Changed from good to bad fast. Snow was good off sugarloaf too.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Best snow was off supreme and out Catherine's. Pasty lower was fantastic. I second sloppy below 9k. Changed from good to bad fast. Snow was good off sugarloaf too.
    Snowbird was the same, upper cirque was all good, but there was serious manckyness below that.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    5-8" seems right. felt the crunchies underneath on S aspects. rode nice and creamy.
    would agree. out early yesterday before work. quiet, light winds, plenty of clouds. east bowl and out matilda. trees are always fun

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trees.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	607.6 KB 
ID:	203619

Toured up catherines over point supreme and down groomers at alta with a splitboarder. Every type of crust possible on the way up and a general resemblance to 3d concrete in all but the very upper due N shady which seemed pretty close to alright. Lots of evidence from yesterdays solar with a huge wet slide across the road on crooked mile.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

When I was invited to ski bomber peak, I was not only excited to ski a new line off timpanogos and visit one of its summits that I have yet to climb, but I also knew that I would get a good look at the east face of north timp. This face was introduced to me 6 years ago when I read Trackhead’s TR from when he, Jim Harris, Noah Howell, Andy Jacobson and a few others skied it. On the way up Bomber Peak, I keep looking at the face and took a ton of pictures, it looked like it went clean this year….

Yesterday morning, my friend Justin and I decided to go find out. We decided to go up Bomber Peak again because we knew my booter from the other day would still be there albeit slightly buried from a few inches of new snow and it is the only way to look at the face without actually climbing it.

Justin topping out on bomber peak with our ski objective in the background

We both topped out on north timp around 1030. It was a little later than I had hoped, but minus some roller balling the skiing was pretty good down the face.

We found the sneaker chutes through the cliff bands….

As we approached the bottom, the face ends in BIG cliffs. The time of the day and roller balling, we decided to pull hard skier’s right and ski into Pika Cirque. Once down below the east face, it did not appear that the face went through the cliffs unless on rope or in the air.

Sweet bobsled chute down Woolly Hole, it was lined with some beautiful cliffs but was filled with frozen chunder, but after we got out of it, we had smooth corn down to the road.

Looking back at North Timp from the road, we descending the looker’s left horizon.

^ fucking badass. rad pics / line.

Fucking site needs a like button. Nice job Brutah

thought I might sneak a lunchtime quick trip up gobblers, maybe the sun would come out and it would corn up after all. I thought wrong, or at any rate timed it wrong. turned around near butler saddle, bulletproof everywhere. coverage looked pretty good up high, lower butler fork is getting unpleasant though. lots of dirt.

Today an older gentleman came up to me on the tram deck and told me it tore at his heart strings watching me click right in and ski hard on my skis.

I asked him why, and he told me it's his son's signature on my skis. I have an OG pair of Bodacious, which was truly Arne Backstrom's pro-model. I had an amazing conversation with Arne's father and it was incredibly emotional to be able to talk with the father of a skier who continues to inspire me, and built out the ski that I love to charge on every day.

While my conversation was short, today will long serve as a reminder about what is important in skiing and why we go out there and charge.

That's all I have to say, but it was incredibly moving experience to get the chance to talk with him.

Just a reminder to always live life to the fullest, and remember how amazing the skiing community truly is.

that's intense

wow... sobering but very cool.

Very cool. I'm always amazed at the interesting people you randomly meet out on the hill.

I'm heading out towards you guys tonight if anyone wants to ski! Probably at Snowbird most of the time, but I'll have my touring stuff with me.

Quote Originally Posted by bern43 View Post
    Very cool. I'm always amazed at the interesting people you randomly meet out on the hill.

I'm heading out towards you guys tonight if anyone wants to ski! Probably at Snowbird most of the time, but I'll have my touring stuff with me.
    Will be at the bird, Friday-Sunday (would be tomorrow if I didn't have a stupid fucking test), pm me if you'd like to meetup. Must be willing to straightline . Also, have an objective on Saturday that I need a spotter for but not sure if my buddy will be up or not... sooo yah

Not the wasatch...

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

love second to last

looking fat down there! how are the S aspects holding up?

Hope someone here got to ski germicide this morning. Kicking myself for not taking gear up, fuckin snowbirds website showed all touring closed each time I checked this morning. I've wanted to ride that face for 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by claymond View Post
    Hope someone here got to ski germicide this morning. Kicking myself for not taking gear up, fuckin snowbirds website showed all touring closed each time I checked this morning. I've wanted to ride that face for 5 years
    I know they had pipeline, but did they allow germicide too? Guess if it's open to pipeline and germicide goes well.... Keep the gear in the car next time.

Yeah yesterday it was Pipeline only, today Germicide too. Oh well

Damn I been here 10 years. Germicide opened 2 times.

Damnit!

Can someone post a pic of where it is in relation to pipeline. Is it the big face lookers left? I could never see myself skiing those lines. Are the entrances wicked scary?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Fucking hell I need to get myself a beacon, and some partners down to hit these objectives when it's open. Granted, I couldn't be up much this week anyways