Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Rumor is a party skinned up early Christmas morning and lapped 'Endless Winter', which they had been saving first tracks for the owner and his family for an Xmas present, so at least it isn't about groomers.
    This makes sense. Thought I got away from that mindset by swapping canyons but seeing the line of beaters getting on the lift at 845 told me otherwise. I still plan on skinning up GW to the top and seeing if the groomer hassles me then claim ignorance.

Btw n facing in mineral fork skied fantastic this morning for my first non sidecountry tour of the year. Good to get above the valley stew. Pits were dug some scariness at the ground noted but everything above that seemed to be getting along and not reactive. First few feet off the ridge had a bit of wind funk on it but below that was pretty damn good.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post
    This makes sense. Thought I got away from that mindset by swapping canyons but seeing the line of beaters getting on the lift at 845 told me otherwise. I still plan on skinning up GW to the top and seeing if the groomer hassles me then claim ignorance.

Btw n facing in mineral fork skied fantastic this morning for my first non sidecountry tour of the year. Good to get above the valley stew. Pits were dug some scariness at the ground noted but everything above that seemed to be getting along and not reactive. First few feet off the ridge had a bit of wind funk on it but below that was pretty damn good.
    I was up there today as well. Looks like the heli hit it pretty hard but still lines to be had.

Pretty good turns on two dogs. Flagstaff back to the car? Well let's just say it it'll put some hair on your chest.

Oh and when your ski looks like this

You come down the hill like this

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Pretty good turns on two dogs. Flagstaff back to the car? Well let's just say it it'll put some hair on your chest.

Oh and when your ski looks like this

Is that then new adjustable rocker model?
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    johnny wasatch finds some untracked loud pow to take out 16 happy days like

vibes to the friends and fam of the young man who passed at snowbasin after impacting a tree
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Kinda blew it on the New Years thing, tried to make up for it this morning.

Skied Main Daze and back down the flag ridge. Days had a good mix of freshies and wind board, flag was still an almost supportable terrifying sun crust. .

Skied Cuntry Lane the two days before that. Soft snow in the chute, had to ski the side wall to get any softies down the apron.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOv1C3kj...en-by=njpascoe

^^^
    How's the exit, these days?
    A little farther east.

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post
    ^^^
    How's the exit, these days?
    A little farther east.

Thomas is always a breeze compared to North's. Good to go right now.

Not a bad day in the Uintah Mountains.

For the local Wasatch community see the PM update on WSF. Evan is stoked, big snow tonight, and then another 1 - 2 feet Tuesday thru Thursday. Break on Friday - Saturday with storms for Sunday thru Tuesday with significant accumulations.

Per Evan, this is the best way to put it "Get ready to take some “sick” days… hell, just quit your job, it’s going to be unreal"

Can't wait to drive back from CB on Wednesday. Could be a long one.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 16-17

Looks like I'm going to be late for work tomorrow. Giddy up!

Pretty sure Ullr invented the sick day for a report like this.

I say GODDAMN!
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

snorkel

I still plan on skinning up GW to the top and seeing if the groomer hassles me then claim ignorance.

If we as a community willfully violate the simple rules that the only resort in the Cottonwoods has established the result is equally simple: Brighton will no longer allow uphill traffic. They are already looking for an excuse to do so (like the ubiquitous lifties/cat drivers/patrollers seeing people ignoring the new, well-publicized rules) which would result in virtually no more early season skinning opportunities, no more Powder Keg, and no more Tue night skimo races, which would very negatively affect hundreds of people in our community. So don't be the tool who insists on doing whatever he wants - "pleading ignorance" - and thus ruining it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Pretty sure Ullr invented the sick day for a report like this.

You have got to be shitting me. I left yesterday. The forecast bears absolutely no resemblance to what happened. Holy shit.

Today was great in the BC. Knee deep and consistent for E-Z skiing.

And I agree with Wasatch Buddy: Fugitive don't be a dumb dick. Being selfish is for everywhere else but the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Today was great in the BC. Knee deep and consistent for E-Z skiing.

And I agree with Wasatch Buddy: Fugitive don't be a dumb dick. Being selfish is for everywhere else but the mountains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch Buddy View Post
    I still plan on skinning up GW to the top and seeing if the groomer hassles me then claim ignorance.

If we as a community willfully violate the simple rules that the only resort in the Cottonwoods has established the result is equally simple: Brighton will no longer allow uphill traffic. They are already looking for an excuse to do so (like the ubiquitous lifties/cat drivers/patrollers seeing people ignoring the new, well-publicized rules) which would result in virtually no more early season skinning opportunities, no more Powder Keg, and no more Tue night skimo races, which would very negatively affect hundreds of people in our community. So don't be the tool who insists on doing whatever he wants - "pleading ignorance" - and thus ruining it for everyone.
    Oh cheese and rice guys simmer the heck down over there.... youve had a bit too many nips on the old Mt Dew and youve got yourselves in a tizzy.

If a standard dentist like myself cant bloviate about all the badass things we'd like to do to STICK IT TO THE MAN on this here TGR webs where the fuck can we do it? IRL I would never do that shit.

/putsongrownuphat

Now that we cleared that up I request a PM from whatever Brighton entity that monitors this thread and makes major changes to a longstanding uphill policy on leased US Forest land based upon A the immature ramblings of some dentists B the inability of their team to mitigate the very real world safety problem of a rogue snowcat driver that uses a 1600 hp groomer as a weapon to assault members of the general public for "tracking up my fucking corduroy" C inability to adjust grooming schedule on that far right mountain they allow the quite possibly insane snowcat driver to operate on year over year so that he doesnt kill someone or get killed himself. HINT-push it later like 10PM past standard dentist bedtime.
    Hell with 3 to 4 working braincells my handle isnt that hard to link to my pass name at said resort so they could easily contact me through my file. But they wont. They will claim compromise when there is none.

Buddy you seem like an adult among children here and have very noble concerns that are bigger than you. You also seem to have an ear of those same people called out above. I have some ideas on what I think could kinda placate both sides in this "dispute" that you probably dont want to here but if you are that tolerant theres a wobbly pop or randonee race rocket fuel beverage of you choice in it for you.
    Last edited by TheFugitive; 01-03-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    Bunny Don't Surf

holy crap today was all time! I know folks have had too many snorkel days to count. But for this east coast transplant, this was exactly why I moved here. The Bird offered everything and saved Mineral Basin till nearly noon. Low vis kept the majority of folks out of there so it was get it while it's hot for about two hours. I'm smoked. Never even snapped a picture...
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

I plead ignorance on sarcasm, Fugitive.

Backcountry closure in effect for Little Cottonwood Canyon - north side, from Lisa Falls to Two Trees (Little Superior) from 10 pm 01/03/17 to 4pm 01/04/17.
    Backcountry above the town of Alta (north side, east of Two Trees) and backcountry accessed south from White Pine Trailhead will be open during this time.

Thank you,

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I plead ignorance on sarcasm, Fugitive.
    No sweat man Ive have perfected a form of sarcasm that is so close to asshole its hard to tell apart buy the untrained....
    Bunny Don't Surf

Mr Davis
    For a Jong like me does the access to Bc mean LCc road closure?

Driving down from idahooo
    Thanks for your help