Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    whyturn mentioned 1/2 price tickets and free cat rides so we headed up to powmow. sorry we missed you mang, we jetted once the sun came out. morning was unreal... I've seen more tracks in days fork.

we waited for the cat once then realized it's basically the same amount of time to just hike it. turns did not suck

love that spot. what a chill day.

It was a bit more crowded today at Soli, but it didn't seem to keep the fun away.

Anyone know if the south facing aspects got baked/are getting baked?

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.B.C. View Post
    Anyone know if the south facing aspects got baked/are getting baked?
    Every aspect was getting heavy. South only needs about 15 minutes of sun to get baked this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Every aspect was getting heavy. South only needs about 15 minutes of sun to get baked this time of year.
    If that really. I don't know if they ever dropped mineral today but it was closed most of it. If they didn't that's totally wasted snow now.
    Good storm lasted a lot longer than I thought today. Snow showers and clouds kept the evil death star at Bay until I left at about 245. Alta was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    If that really. I don't know if they ever dropped mineral today but it was closed most of it. If they didn't that's totally wasted snow now.
    Good storm lasted a lot longer than I thought today. Snow showers and clouds kept the evil death star at Bay until I left at about 245. Alta was fun.
    Yeah, I was surprised, dumped snow most of the day in upper big. Winds helped keep the snow pretty dry too.

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    whyturn mentioned 1/2 price tickets and free cat rides so we headed up to powmow. sorry we missed you mang, we jetted once the sun came out. morning was unreal... I've seen more tracks in days fork.
    this morning at PowMow was sick! Right side up cold pow...so nice. What a way for them to close it out. Sunbaked slopes were chunk after lunch but we were still finding cold turns in the North facing trees into the afternoon.

They dropped mineral but not powder paradise and beyond.

Snowbird rocked, first tram seemed unfairly full of the side door folks, but I was on and glad. I took a lot of pics, I pm'ed them to Brutah, hopefully he posts them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Snowbird rocked, first tram seemed unfairly full of the side door folks, but I was on and glad. I took a lot of pics, I pm'ed them to Brutah, hopefully he posts them.
    Those damned elitist powder princess pricks..How dare they? I hope you jammed one of them in a corner real tight.

So they dropped mineral eh? How was the snow in there? Least it didnt go to total waste.

Excellent day at Snowbird yesterday. I was at the rope drop for the Cirque. People just falling all over the place. It was like one of those bike races where one person falls and everyone else just crashes into them. I was right behind the wreckage.

Those damned elitist powder princess pricks..How dare they? I hope you jammed one of them in a corner real tight.

So they dropped mineral eh? How was the snow in there? Least it didnt go to total waste.
    It was actually pretty good even once it got chopped up. One of the lightest density storms of the year it felt like. Nasty nasty crust underneath at the top but below that good.

Such a blast yesterday with awesome runs off the Cirque Baldy mineral and even Baby Thunder 🤤. Yew!!
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I was a little baffled why I awoke to a inbox full of dick pics and naked old men, but now it makes sense. BTW i'd get that mole checked out....

Skied alta, took no pictures, was a great day indeed. ya I'm that guy

Want to give a big shout out to OldSchool1080s, finally linked up with him to grab a base plate for my broken FKS. Thanks brotha!

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    I say this every year but we need a baldy rager for the thread this year, post close. weds 4/26 or thurs 4/27 I can haul up a tent and a cooler and some beers. throwing it out there anyway.
    I'd be down to do some baldy laps with mags this spring! I can't ski on thursdays though.
    Either way, anytime anyone wants to ski baldy hit me up, would be great to meet some of the people I talk shit to all season

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I was a little baffled why I awoke to a inbox full of dick pics and naked old men, but now it makes sense. BTW i'd get that mole checked out....

Skied alta, took no pictures, was a great day indeed. ya I'm that guy

Want to give a big shout out to OldSchool1080s, finally linked up with him to grab a base plate for my broken FKS. Thanks brotha!
    wish i knew would be nice to take a few laps with a mag i havent met. Im sure we likely passed each other somewhere along the lines.

Same here...to effin good to stop for pics....i got all of them stored in my brain though.

snow was great all morning. blinded by all the faceshots. always down for beers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post-flanagans.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	687.2 KB 
ID:	204184

Name:	sun-trying-to-breakJPG.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	699.1 KB 
ID:	204185

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    snow was great all morning. blinded by all the faceshots. always down for beers...

Name:	post-flanagans.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	687.2 KB 
ID:	204184
    ATTACH=CONFIG]204185[/ATTACH]
    Pics look great GO...give me a call my phone is new and dot have your digits and sent you an email last week......
    always forward but never straight

Met up with snowaddict for some runs at Snowbird Sunday. Solid dude, solid skiing, solid conditions. As with others didn't take many pictures cause it was fun as fuck.

Only picture taken was when I was dropping in to the center line on forbidden zone. Fun straightline.... but full truth a bit too easy, just fast and ride it out, also looks weirdly flat in this photo despite being about 40 degrees. Didn't take the more fun route cause I think it was technically closed.

Name:	IMG951677.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	204192

7:45 launch this am, top of superior around 10:30. S facing below 10k or so had a crust from yesterday's sun. N facing was primo. came down E facing Cardiff around noon. Was damp but manageable on E facing with a slight crust on top that ran shallow and slow. The low angle stuff back to the road was terrifying. Multiple parties filming with drones at the top of Superior for first light. Baldy opened wall to wall on the Alta side.

Saw some pretty rowdy straight lines off of Cardiac

Closed 'em out

Last edited by tBatt; 04-10-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Adam Naisbitt 1977-2017 you will be missed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adam Naisbitt Alta Ski Patrol.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	204209

tBatt those pics are beyond awesome

Quote Originally Posted by F#*k You Cat View Post
    Adam Naisbitt 1977-2017 you will be missed.
    Two in the same week. Sad times up the canyon. RIP.
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sal...?pid=184780934

MB, thanks!

Still plenty of pow Monday afternoon. But, the higher, the steeper, and definitely the more North facing, the better.

Name:	DSC_0043.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	204213

Name:	DSC_0056.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	204214

I'm still ridiculously happy about my day at Solitude

I'm living on the wrong side of the Sierras these days and just got back from Thursday-Saturday quality ski time with the parents, Snowbird, Alta, Solitude.

Solitude on Saturday lived to the name. It was empty! I'm a lifelong skier, but abjectly mediocre. I will have Powder Alliance and Mountain Collective next year because the Squaw pass just won't do the job. How do I find you quality skiers willing to let me tag along to absorb some of your style and grace?

I love the sport and your region. It makes me happy, but I want to aspire to something more.

Oh I guess I can't link my youtube, s'ok.

Got up Broads yesterday after work. N/NE facing was skiing well, west facing was getting manky and wet but not too bad. Ski cut on a test slope ran in the new snow on east facing. Was able to ski out to the bridge then walked out 40mins or so.

Name:	IMG_20170410_172043484.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	876.6 KB 
ID:	204231

Name:	IMG_20170410_174538533_TOP.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	807.2 KB 
ID:	204232

Name:	IMG_20170410_172427907.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	677.5 KB 
ID:	204233
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.