Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    op searches for presents

in the white room
    happies holidaies
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    op searches for presents

in the white room
    happies holidaies
    nice

don't knows ifin ive seen more cars in bcc evars
    plenty of peeps gettin after it on a gourgie cold smoke post xmass dump day

good to visit old friends and stompin grounds in the guild line and egp
    sum fucker took my Buddha again

thanks santa your presents didn't suck
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Despite the cold start, the snow kept the blood warm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mineral.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	400.4 KB 
ID:	195969
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

one of the better long weekends I've had in a while. jtrue seemed to be enjoying himself as well.

Hey, who is avoiding the resorts this weekend? Seeing the snow report and the avy report, i'm looking for alternatives to lift served. Anyone headed out saturday or sunday mind if i tag along?
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

PSA:
    UDOT avy closure policy is up for public comment.

http://www.udot.utah.gov/main/f?p=100g::::1:T,V:4886

If you missed the last fireside chat, there was some good information given about this as well as some perspective from UDOT. One important thing that stood out to me (if my memory is correct) is that if there is a single close call involving military grade explosives for avalanche control, all programs utilizing it will be immediately suspended.

Also anyone know of the gate policies at Deer Valley and PC to get into the resort? I'm looking to meet some people at a slopeside house in DV and it would be nice to tour over there and drop in after a day in bcc instead of driving.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    one of the better long weekends I've had in a while. jtrue seemed to be enjoying himself as well.

Thought I saw your rig up there.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Yeeew, good weekend indeed.

Couple from the weekend

dfinn

Couple from yesterday

Updates to the Brighton uphill policy:
    http://www.brightonresort.com/mounta...l-travel-plan/
    Last edited by sfotex; 12-30-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sfotex View Post
    Well this just ruined my fucking day. Mustve been that groomer thst screamed at us as we tread over six inches of his precious cordouroy. What horseshit. cant go to the top after hours? This mountain was my lifeline.
    I demoed the TECH TALK JONG! pro model this spring and their performance was unparalleled which is good because I ski in a wedge most of the time - bendtheski, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Skirotica View Post
    Well this just ruined my fucking day. Mustve been that groomer thst screamed at us as we tread over six inches of his precious cordouroy. What horseshit. cant go to the top after hours? This mountain was my lifeline.
    Yeah I'm pissed as well. At least they still allow uphill travel and have clear guidelines set, and for that I'm thankful.

But yeah, I imagine the groomer dude complained about a lot of this shit. I wonder exactly how people will avoid "freshly groomed runs" I've done my best to not to, but a lot of the time, it's kinda the only option.

Missed all the pow sitting in the rain with family getting fat and watching football back east but very psyched at how te bird has been skiing with so much traffic post storm. Loving that wind buff!! Now if only I could find a parking spot :/
    "We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

Damn that's weak. Who the fuck cares about fresh cord anyways?!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Damn that's weak. Who the fuck cares about fresh cord anyways?!
    Freeloading skinners
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

@jtrue. Love that swim up o. Never been in it this early. Pretty narrow. Thanks for the pics.

Weak. That'll factor in my decision to get a pass there next year for sure. I guess it's still the friendliest policy though...

#getagrippeople

thought i missed the weekend's powder but got out yesterday and boy did it deliver.
    we skied perfect powder snow all day, i couldn't believe it. The area that we skied was basically in the shade all day so it seems like if you stick to shady locales there is still great snow to be skied.

Bummer about the more restrictive brighton policy. I spent the holidays in steamboat with the in laws and steamboat's "skin up the mountain anytime and anywhere" uphill policy is awesome! it really is a fun way to get some exercise in a safe environment. Unfortunately, it seems like the ski industry is trending towards more restrictive policies which isn't particularly surprising.

Rumor is a party skinned up early Christmas morning and lapped 'Endless Winter', which they had been saving first tracks for the owner and his family for an Xmas present, so at least it isn't about groomers.

been skiin well fantasy's open
    good to see an og mag harrison on the booter

plenty of peeps out gettin after its

Rumor is a party skinned up early Christmas morning and lapped 'Endless Winter', which they had been saving first tracks for the owner and his family for an Xmas present, so at least it isn't about groomers.
    Ah. i could see why that would irritate someone. My encounter with the belligerent groomer was last season. But i did come down groomed terrain a couple days before xmas. Groomer on GW didn't seem to care as we were headed up outside his line.

Anyone been to Wolverine in the last day or two? How's it looking?