Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mbillie1 View Post
    Holy .

Jeeeeeeeesus!

God Damn!! I saw a few iphone pics from the cops last night, but they in no way did it justice. Thats downright spooky. Thems some lucky dudes.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I had the chute lookers left slide on our group (I was not skiing, no one hurt), but that's the whole friggin Ridgeline. Someone was watching these 2. Scary shit.

fuckin scary shit.
    skied scotties this morning and have been thinking this all day since we basically skied the same aspect, just with more anchors and less wind loading.

In other news, anyone have a dynafit jig/drill with proper bits I could use to mount my wife's christmas present. Skis and boots should be in tomorrow so looking to use wednesday evening or sometime thursday. skifishbum??? bueller?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    fuckin scary shit.
    skied scotties this morning and have been thinking this all day since we basically skied the same aspect, just with more anchors and less wind loading.

In other news, anyone have a dynafit jig/drill with proper bits I could use to mount my wife's christmas present. Skis and boots should be in tomorrow so looking to use wednesday evening or sometime thursday. skifishbum??? bueller?
    my jigs down at the l9 grainery compound off 4th west
    i should be in after 2
    same thurs
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    my jigs down at the l9 grainery compound off 4th west
    i should be in after 2
    same thurs
    sweet mang!
    I'll probably swing by tomorrow

great shot from above jtrue. lots of settled pow still out there in the trees...

Name:  settled-pow.jpg
Views: 1370
Size:  158.8 KB

full uac report of white pine slide https://utahavalanchecenter.org/avalanches/28902

^^^^
    So much wtf going on there
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    ^^^^
    So much wtf going on there
    It sure reads as if dude that wasn't caught didn't do any type of beacon search

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    It sure reads as if dude that wasn't caught didn't do any type of beacon search
    That is my understanding also

Yeah, dude on top didn't do squat...probably did not want to deal with what he thought was reality. Didn't even !ski down the slide path on his way out! In reality, the dude who went for the ride assumed that his "buddy" up top must be buried because he was nowhere to be seen let alone searching for he who triggered the slide!!! Searched for the guy on top forever, because the guy on top was not searching for him!!! WTF. Calling the scene too dangerous to look for my touring partner? Crown face at the ridge top? Don't think the guy on top will find many touring partners in the future...what was his name...Jake what? Stay away from that mofo...

from UAC, Nov 14th before the holiday storm flow. Same thing could affect coalpit, wolverine, etc.

Attachment 195778

Got out this morning for a quick dawn patrol. Still good turns to be had.

Avoided the resort zoo by lifestyling it in Grizz. Pretty stout sun crust on S facing aspects. Winds were whipping up the canyon. Some reactive cornices with what was left of transportable snow. Started dumping around 4 for an hour or so, not much accumulation. This weekend should be fun.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch

"When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Trees have been reloaded with freshies, wind was strong and sustained from S-SE on willow knob

UDOT will be conducting control work in LCC tomorrow, 12/25. North side backcountry closure will go into effect 10pm, 12/24, estimated re-opening 800am 12/25. Gate B through Town of Alta rd. closure will begin at 600am 12/25, 630am interlodge, estimated re-opening 0800am.

Quote Originally Posted by JTrue View Post
    b
    Wait, that looks like the Split Thumb up here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8760_Fotor.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	500.5 KB 
ID:	195861  

I'm out of town for xmas, how viable are the foothills looking with this new storm?

On the way up LCC yesterday where vehicles park for the Y and Y Not coulouir there was a pick up truck parked, unloading gear. Nothing unusual other than the farm yard goat standing next to the truck. Wonder if the goat needs skins? Sign at the bottom of the bottom of the canyon says no dogs or horses, nothing about goats.