Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50
Results 1,226 to 1,242 of 1242
    Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    Ok, really stupid question here.
    Is there any reasonable place up high that has enough snow to ski? Not really looking for good skiing, just enough to satisfy October turns. Looks like we will have high pressure for the rest of the month, and driving 7-8 hours to Colorado to ski at Mary's glacier isn't the most ideal (same with skiing timp again).
    did ya get your october ski on? the people demand answers!

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    did ya get your october ski on? the people demand answers!
    Yes! Totally forgot about posting. It was barely skiing but we got some turns 2 weeks ago up at gaurdsman. There was about 6"-8" of snow in the shade right off the road. It was flat enough and firm enough for turns without punching through. Got one pic of my sick air off the mini jump that was built prior. Made it through month 36...

Sent from my LG-H810 using TGR Forums mobile app

Vail has ended public night skiing at PCMR. I enjoyed getting off work and putting on my ice skates for some train track turns.
    I’m bummed.
    The cynical side of me says, okay then turn off the lights. But that only hurts all of the drop off kids. Wish there was a way to get them to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Vail has ended public night skiing at PCMR. I enjoyed getting off work and putting on my ice skates for some train track turns.
    I’m bummed.
    The cynical side of me says, okay then turn off the lights. But that only hurts all of the drop off kids. Wish there was a way to get them to reconsider.
    That's lame.

I've always wondered why night skiing isn't bigger here. I know it's a way bigger thing on the east coast, but we have a Huge population base 30 minutes away from good ski areas, and that seems like a great recipe for night skiing. Couldn't Brighton expand nigh skiing to include Snake?

Kimball Junction The Dark Side Of The Wasatch
    I’m bummed.
    It seemed like it was coming when they cut the night skiing to 6pm last year and closed access to the park. They also cut the night skiing at Keystone I think. Growing up under the light was great it was 1 of the only reasons we still bough pc passes. This summer we got some brighton night only passes for $260ish to have somewhere to go after work (granted its not close to the home).
    Jibs Not Jobs

There may be some limited interest...

of a snow profile from Mineral fork with snow in the forecast.

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post

[img]SHIT-FUCK-SHIT[/img}

Thanks Bob!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    epically lame
    hopes to see you fools at
    https://utahavalanchecenter.org/even...p-open-session
    props to the uac for once again allowing the volunteer slope stabilty testers non professionals the oppurtunity to attend all days presentations/discussions
    i definately thought the mornings were better last year and udots stuff was tight
    and i'm still trying to figure out what maynerd g krebs and his slowboarder shrink buddy who obviously sucks at surfing
    babbling about so cal surf bros being meanyheads and not wanting him jerrying up their break has to do with snow science
    or utah
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    epically lame
    hopes to see you fools at
    https://utahavalanchecenter.org/even...p-open-session
    props to the uac for once again allowing the volunteer slope stabilty testers non professionals the oppurtunity to attend all days presentations/discussions
    i definately thought the mornings were better last year and udots stuff was tight
    and i'm still trying to figure out what maynerd g krebs and his slowboarder shrink buddy who obviously sucks at surfing
    babbling about so cal surf bros being meanyheads and not wanting him jerrying up their break has to do with snow science
    or utah
    Probably has more to do with the rat-tail-man-bun

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i gots the over at 7 different stones songs
    brosephs gots the
    #glimmertwinsmancrush
    going on
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by wra View Post

thanks for this... gonna be a touchy early season

I’m bummed.
    There has been a lot of Vail-bashing since they came in, and I've defended them when I've felt it was undeserved.

But this is just a "fuck you" to any locals who work a 9-5 and are passionate about the sport.

As with most things Vail does, it is a fuck you to the community. I️ hope and pray that at some point this culture of “make it like Disneyland” comes back to hate fuck them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by skiATL View Post
    That's lame.

I've always wondered why night skiing isn't bigger here. I know it's a way bigger thing on the east coast, but we have a Huge population base 30 minutes away from good ski areas, and that seems like a great recipe for night skiing. Couldn't Brighton expand nigh skiing to include Snake?

I don’t know what the vibe is out there, but I know folks back east that stopped patrolling for night skiing — too many f-upped folks getting major league f-up and having to be pieced back together. YMMV

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

getting loaded and ripping icy bulletproof groomers at mach looney in -10F is a time-honored tradition among my forebears

PSA: Found a Ramp ski while hiking across Millie Bowl yesterday. Not sure what model, but it was some super fat pow ski. Left it at the Brighton sports desk.
    Last edited by Dantheman; 09-29-2018 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    getting loaded and ripping icy bulletproof groomers at mach looney in -10F is a time-honored tradition among my forebears
    🤣 We may be related.