Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49
Results 1,201 to 1,214 of 1214
    What's still holding snow right now? Need to get my August turns in this week...

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    What's still holding snow right now? Need to get my August turns in this week...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170724_083042.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	210010

Here's gunsight from 1 week ago. Its certainly possible to get turns there tomorrow but there might not be much left. Devils castle had much more snow but it didn't look like good fall line skiing.

Timpanogos looked amazing 2 weeks ago with tons of snow near the glacier. I'm not sure how much it has now, but I'm not worried about delaying August turns there until the 2nd weekend of August (hit me up if you want to join)

Sent from my LG-H810 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Seems most of the resorts are moving up the early bird dates.
    Looks like Brighton is sticking with late September. Man, the prices there are good. Strongly considering the B for this season, especially with the night skiing and the indoor bike park going out of business.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS AND ASSORTED DRIVAL 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Looks like Brighton is sticking with late September. Man, the prices there are good. Strongly considering the B for this season, especially with the night skiing and the indoor bike park going out of business.
    Sadly you already missed their cheapest prices. They all went up on Tuesday, except the 10 and under and the BCC pass. I think they were all about $50-$75 cheaper in July. Still a killer deal though. I'm planning on doing a lot of night skiing with the kid this year.

Shit! Oh well, not gonna get worked up over $50.

Alta has announced that the 2017 -2018 season will be extended three weekends, conditions permitting. The last regular day will be April 15th and they will then be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday the next three weekends, last day will be Sunday May 6th. Alta had always had a three day bonus weekend after the regular closing day and in big snow years might add another three day weekend. Last season they did not have the additional three days and there were plenty of unhappy skiers especially when a big storm arrived. Snowbird was the only resort open and that was a shit show with enormous lift lines.

No info on what prompted this but there is a new General Manager, could he be more skier friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Alta has announced that the 2017 -2018 season will be extended three weekends, conditions permitting. The last regular day will be April 15th and they will then be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday the next three weekends, last day will be Sunday May 6th. Alta had always had a three day bonus weekend after the regular closing day and in big snow years might add another three day weekend. Last season they did not have the additional three days and there were plenty of unhappy skiers especially when a big storm arrived. Snowbird was the only resort open and that was a shit show with enormous lift lines.

No info on what prompted this but there is a new General Manager, could he be more skier friendly?
    Fuck that. I'd rather tour there.

Sent from my LG-H810 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    hahahaha Mike Maughan, Alta's new general manager, doesn't even ski. He's an accountant, a pencil pusher and not a snow slider.

I think Alta's closing this year had more to do with the replacement of the supreme lift. I think its a dumb move to announce they'll be open those additional weekends in the fall before the season, before a single snowflake has fallen from the sky. i'd rather be surprised at the end of the season when they announce more weekends than disappointed at the end of the season when they have to take those weekends back due to low snow.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    I think its a dumb move to announce they'll be open those additional weekends in the fall before the season, before a single snowflake has fallen from the sky.
    Yeah that's dumb of them.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH
    hahahaha Mike Maughan, Alta's new general manager, doesn't even ski. He's an accountant, a pencil pusher and not a snow slider.
    "Alta is for bureaucrats"

Let's all rejoice at the exit of weeks upon weeks of 90s. Bring on the snow!

This new timelapse webcam from the top of Hidden Peak Snowbird is beautiful. So crisp. There was even a rainbow (this morning at least).

http://prismcam.com/demos/snowbird-peaks/

Select the upper one and go fullscreen for the timelapse function.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    This new timelapse webcam from the top of Hidden Peak Snowbird is beautiful. So crisp. There was even a rainbow (this morning at least).

http://prismcam.com/demos/snowbird-peaks/

Select the upper one and go fullscreen for the timelapse function.
    The new time lapse cam function is pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing some of those big winter storms roll in from the northwest!

About time we got some autumn weather roll into the Wasatch.

Name:  WeatherStory1.png
Views: 222
Size:  322.8 KB

some snow up there! that timelapse camera is freaking awesome right now, I have to remember to check it tonight after sunset