Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1242
    Skied suicide twice this week and bagged little chute last night.

Suicide is skiing great, minus the choke between the bottom of the chute and the apron, which required us to do some rock scrambling on the way up and sketchy maneuvering on the way down. A good section of it has broken and fallen into the river underneath, and whats left doesn't seem supportive enough to be comfortable, especially just booting up it.

Little chute is on its last leg to be skied continuously, the choke at the bottom is getting pretty tight and rocky, but I had a blast skiing it last night. Both little and main were pretty crusty when we dropped in around 8:45. It was great to be able to ski from the entrance of the chutes down to just about the bottom of Wildcat without having to take your skis off.

^nice, way to get after it! Hate to say it, but I'm kind of in summer mode.

Tuesday evening provided some nice and not so nice turns in pipeline chute (not so nice on the exit before the apron):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4492.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	942.0 KB 
ID:	208157

Name:	IMG_4504.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	883.6 KB 
ID:	208158

Not skiing,but the next evening provided for some epic speedflying:

Name:	IMG_4515.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	231.7 KB 
ID:	208159

That sunset photo is sweet Arash!

wanted to let all mags know that the Wasatch Powderbirds Guide 10 year permit is up for renewal and there is currently in a 30 day public comment period. Their current permit ends in 2019 and they have applied for a new 10 year permit. The re-issued permit does not represent any change to the scope or intensity of authorized activities. Comments are being accepted through July 10, 2017. you can submit comments directly to comments-intermtn-wasatch-cache-saltlake@fs.fed.us

I personally don't have any beef with the whirly birds but I know there have been some maggot involved altercations in the past, so now is the time to voice those concerns!

and now for some stoke, from this morning

Name:	IMG_20170615_123759_445.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	208183
    made a few laps before work. couldn't resist a main chute lap but anything that was trackless since the snow we got earlier in the week was skiing real nice, nice smooth surface, just what you dream about when dreaming of corn skiing!
    Last edited by BRUTAH; 06-15-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: period needed

Can anyone tell me what chute this is? The pic was taken from the Hayden Peak overlook just over bald mtn pass. My geography could be wrong but I think the peak on the left is Hayden and Agassiz is lookers right. It looked beautiful
    and someone left some nice turns behind.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Can anyone tell me what chute this is? The pic was taken from the Hayden Peak overlook just over bald mtn pass. My geography could be wrong but I think the peak on the left is Hayden and Agassiz is lookers right. It looked beautiful
    and someone left some nice turns behind.
    That's mountaineer's couloir, though its more of a gully. Hadyen is actually looker's right and Kletting Peak is the peak on the left.

How's the snow doing up there? Did ya ski anything?

Thanks for the info.

No skiing for me, just took the kids out for a weekend fishing and hiking around.

The snow is coming down fast. Pretty much gone below 10k and only maybe 3' at the pass, with dirt poking through all over the place. I'm not real familiar with the lines up there but didn't seem like there was too many that would go, though there were a few. From Trial Lake I couldn't see anything skiable on Mt Watson and surrounding area.

Figured I'd go somewhere people haven't been skiing this time of year so I got out and bagged Roman's in Wolverine Cirque last night. Still plenty of snow in the area and a good amount of the chutes are still skiable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170618_202349.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	208302  

Anyone know if Snowbird is allowing skis in the tram again yet?

EDIT: Snowbird confirmed that skis are allowed on the tram (with waiver) as of yesterday.
    Last edited by jtran10; 06-20-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Pipeline is still good.

Some folks with balls of steel skied and rapp'd central chute.

Took my run in pipeline for shane

Name:	20170621_114103.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	208572

Name:	20170621_132223.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	855.3 KB 
ID:	208571

Well there have been some new updates since my last complaint about solitude pass prices going up by 30% or so. Today I received notice that they have added a new wasatch benefits program. So basically, you get 2 days at Alta and 2 days at Snowbird in addition to 2 a deer valley plus 2 more on the pass for a total of 4 deer valley tix and 2 at brighton. So for me family of 4 pass and the $400 increase I get 8 days in Big Cottonwood. Assuming you use the days, which I do it seems like an OK tradeoff. If you don't ski at those places, oh well looks like I'll have to ski more. Looks like all of the Canyon resorts are girding against the Evil Vail empire. Truly us vs them now.

Looks like Bird only passes are now available. $999, includes 2 days at Alta, 2 days at Solitude, 2 days at DV. No Alta only pass pricing yet, but have to assume that'd also be 999.

The soli pass also included 2 days at deer valley for mountain biking as well which is nice.

Shees....$999? Guess no bitching about my $699 Mammoth pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Alta season pass holder, I sure like the two days at Solitude. I always wondered why DV did not include Solitude in the Wasatch Benefit, we will definitely use them. In the past we would use just one of our DV days, always during Sundance when the PC hotels are full of Hollywood types who don't ski.

Alta published their season ticket info for next season, looks unchanged other than when you need to buy. In the past September 30th was the end of early season pricing, August 9th this year. Besides two season passes I buy a couple of the 10 day transferable no rollover 10 day cards for family and friends to use. Same as last year, $559 so $56 a day, that remains a killer deal. Also the Family Pass for two adults + two children 7 - 17 years of age for $1999 is a great value, essentially the kids ski free. The charge for additional children is only $99. Give Alta credit for trying to keep prices somewhat reasonable for families.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Alta published their season ticket info for next season, looks unchanged other than when you need to buy. In the past September 30th was the end of early season pricing, August 9th this year. Besides two season passes I buy a couple of the 10 day transferable no rollover 10 day cards for family and friends to use. Same as last year, $559 so $56 a day, that remains a killer deal. Also the Family Pass for two adults + two children 7 - 17 years of age for $1999 is a great value, essentially the kids ski free. The charge for additional children is only $99. Give Alta credit for trying to keep prices somewhat reasonable for families.
    Seems most of the resorts are moving up the early bird dates.

I've been a soli pass holder for the past 3 years but I'm thinking about upgrading to the bcc pass. Is it worth the extra $300? I actually haven't been to Brighton since junior high but it seems to have a decent amount of beginner terrain for my 6yo and the bc access is great. Do they have a pretty good open gate policy?

I've been a soli pass holder for the past 3 years but I'm thinking about upgrading to the bcc pass. Is it worth the extra $300? I actually haven't been to Brighton since junior high but it seems to have a decent amount of beginner terrain for my 6yo and the bc access is great. Do they have a pretty good open gate policy?
    I would argue Brighton is better then Solitude for a 6 year old. Especially if a beginner. I took some friends up MLK weekend and to be honest I kind of forgot that Solitude with the exception of the Moonbeam lift doesnt have much in the way of beginner terrain and long blues. Most of the better terrain is up high and it can get monotonous noodling below the upper bowls. Took them to Brighton and they had a blast. There are long cruisers off milli also. So while I hit some good stuff under the lift we could all meet at the milli base. Not to mention they went all the way up the mountain and could ski longer runs on blues and greens.
    My kids love both but they ski just about anywhere at 13 and 11.

Brightons BC gates are basically always open, and they access great terrain.

i love soli way more than brighton but agree w ncskier that brighton has more/better kid terrain than soli. my kids (7 and 5) have been in lessons at brighton the past couple years and i usually just tour out the gates there while they're in lessons for a couple hours before grabbing them. seems like brighton has more kid friendly trees which my boys are into now.

Apparently main chute still goes. Someone skied it yesterday.

Latest I've skied main chute was mid August few years back. Novelty, but fun. Long walk out in August.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

some mags hit it this weekend...

What's still holding snow right now? Need to get my August turns in this week...

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    What's still holding snow right now? Need to get my August turns in this week...

Name:	20170724_083042.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	210010

Here's gunsight from 1 week ago. Its certainly possible to get turns there tomorrow but there might not be much left. Devils castle had much more snow but it didn't look like good fall line skiing.

Timpanogos looked amazing 2 weeks ago with tons of snow near the glacier. I'm not sure how much it has now, but I'm not worried about delaying August turns there until the 2nd weekend of August (hit me up if you want to join)

Sent from my LG-H810 using TGR Forums mobile app

Looks like Brighton is sticking with late September. Man, the prices there are good. Strongly considering the B for this season, especially with the night skiing and the indoor bike park going out of business.