Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34
    More intel. Incredible chop skis so maneuverable come round nicely and also stable in fall line, just keep an edge and make sure both edge angles are equal. had that tabke moment when one ski submarined. So has that tendency. More pressure on the heels required in deep pow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Wow. Had my mind blown today on 189 Flex 4 Qs. My buddy bought them last year I think, but he doesn't charge super hard and has like 10 pairs of skis. He said I could try them today and buy if I liked them. I liked them. ALOT.

I think what helped was that my expectations were way off. I am only 5'7" 140ish#. I have skied bigger skis in the past, but assumed these would manhandle me. I brought my other skis thinking I would get my ass handed to me after two runs and be skiing back to the lot to switch skis. WRONG. Within the first few seconds I was amazed at how easy they turn when you want them to, but can also rail on firm stuff and chop.

Due to crazy wind we skied anywhere from styrofoam windboard to 18" of blower today. They did it all. I am soooo glad I took a chance on these.

Most surprising was how they handled tight trees and bumps. I didn't hike to Headwaters today because of the crazy wind and honestly that terrain is why I wanted a burlier ski. I haven't given them a real big mountain test yet, but I have a feeling they are gonna be the shit.

Ok. Looking hard at these. Love pow boards but looking to reduce the quiver to a 100 and 120 ski. What is the oh shit moment people refer to?

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Ok. Looking hard at these. Love pow boards but looking to reduce the quiver to a 100 and 120 ski. What is the oh shit moment people refer to?
    Tip diving when at the worst possible moment?

Watch Tabkes FWT runs when he crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Tip diving when at the worst possible moment?

Watch Tabkes FWT runs when he crashes.

Tabke said on Instagram that he landed on a shark. And judging by this photo of his ski he hammered it.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Tabke said on Instagram that he landed on a shark. And judging by this photo of his ski he hammered it.
    He was on fat MVPs in Japan, not Qs.

Watch the runs when he crashs and is skiing Qs. They are great but once in a while they do something weird and crazy. I cant really explain it but it happened to me a few times too. Id relax for a split second and be on my face, or if be in a a really technical spot and a tip would dive. They are great skis 95% of the time, just once in a while Id screw up and something crazy would happen.

Watch the runs when he crashs and is skiing Qs. They are great but once in a while they do something weird and crazy. I cant really explain it but it happened to me a few times too. Id relax for a split second and be on my face, or if be in a a really technical spot and a tip would dive. They are great skis 95% of the time, just once in a while Id screw up and something crazy would happen.

Ah sorry I missed that you were talking about multiple runs.

I thought it was just the transition on to a flat cattrack that thru him off. Happens to us mere mortals all the time. Him its surprising. Probably in thought reliving the radness of that run. Snooze ya lose or loose as it were

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    I thought it was just the transition on to a flat cattrack that thru him off. Happens to us mere mortals all the time. Him its surprising. Probably in thought reliving the radness of that run. Snooze ya lose or loose as it were

Watch the runs when he crash’s and is skiing Qs. They are great but once in a while they do something weird and crazy. I can’t really explain it but it happened to me a few times too. I’d relax for a split second and be on my face, or if be in a a really technical spot and a tip would dive. They are great skis 95% of the time, just once in a while I’d screw up and something crazy would happen.
    I think I'd 100% love that ski without asym (as opposed to having 95% love for it).

Here's the fall (last rider 2018 Valinord Arcalis): https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ev...ra-2018/replay

That @#$% transition from soft to hard snow. It got me on dust over crust in whiteouts.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Damn. Such a good run. That had it all

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    I think I'd 100% love that ski without asym (as opposed to having 95% love for it).

Here's the fall (last rider 2018 Valinord Arcalis): https://www.freerideworldtour.com/ev...ra-2018/replay

That @#$% transition from soft to hard snow. It got me on dust over crust in whiteouts.

... Thom
    I watched that too.

I think Id love them 100% of the time if they were full rocker and no camber, but Im sworn off custom skis, they just havent worked for me

I watched that too.

I think Id love them 100% of the time if they were full rocker and no camber, but Im sworn off custom skis, they just havent worked for me

I love mine and haven't noticed them being any weirder than other skis w heavily tapered tips or reverse sidecut sections, but I'm a hack who has random tip dive from time to time on all skis due to pilot error ,so there's that.