Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a skinny Q for a one ski do it all. Might be my next custom order.

Quote Originally Posted by skibass View Post
    The more I think about it the more I like the idea of a skinny Q for a one ski do it all. Might be my next custom order.
    This was my thought, have you emailed Keith about this?

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    SC, what's your height/weight for reference?
    6'0" 170#
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Breomonkey View Post
    Actually I'd be looking for the opposite. Debating if I'm man enough for this/gpo/concept in a 187+ length.

I see the potential in my 182 gpo, but am hesitant if it's length, design, wrong side or what. Probably a conversation for the praxis thread, but this design has my interest.
    Dude. The GPO is just not hard to ski. Responsive, intuitive, easy to rage or shut it down. Nimble...everything you need it to be. If you're touring, 182. If it's an inbounds ride, get the 187 and ski the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Dude. The GPO is just not hard to ski. Responsive, intuitive, easy to rage or shut it down. Nimble...everything you need it to be. If you're touring, 182. If it's an inbounds ride, get the 187 and ski the shit out of it.
    At mount of -1, correct?

Correct. I'm somewhere between new school and old school. I ski centered to forward, but i don't ram my shins against the front of my boot and i hate the backseat. At -1, the tip floats. At 0 they dive

Correct. I'm somewhere between new school and old school. I ski centered to forward, but i don't ram my shins against the front of my boot and i hate the backseat. At -1, the tip floats. At 0 they dive
    Thanks for your write-up. It gives me a lot to chew on - especially in light of the fact that we seem to engage a ski similarly (old school but evolving toward a mid-point between that and new school ... liking -1cm on my GPOs).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I'm forced to accept-1.5 for my move to kingpins on your old 192's , chicken. I was really hoping for-1.
    Gravity always wins...

Guess it's time for me to man up! :-). Now back to the Q since I got us off topic.

Agree 100% with the 187 comments above. With the mount on the line, the combo of fairly forward mount and moderately tapered tips dove too much for me at 205lbs. Back -1 fixes this

Guess it's time for me to man up! :-). Now back to the Q since I got us off topic.
    I'm 5'8" 160lbs and ski a 187.

Screw that tabke guy, GPO stands for General Purpose Old guy ski.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Kevino- not yet. I was going to wait until the custom sale email went out. But I really like the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    This was my thought, have you emailed Keith about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Agree 100% with the 187 comments above. With the mount on the line, the combo of fairly forward mount and moderately tapered tips dove too much for me at 205lbs. Back -1 fixes this
    At 205 lbs you should be on the 192... I am 6'4" and 205 lbs and ski the 192 on the line and it does not dive...

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    At mount of -1, correct?
    GPO (std. Layup)
    Yes -1

(Stand on them in your living room barefoot at -1 & the dot if your scared)

#1 Do anything, really everything, everyday & ski like a champ.

#2 More of an All Mtn Slay Machines than Powder ski . All you pussies thinking -1, it needs to be skinnier, and walla, nope already walla. Skies powder well and has some nice rocker for feel. Stable comp winning platform across all potential snow conditions. Loves soft snow. Rails on Groomers at 70.

#3 Wins - If you are a real deal skier you will have that feeling too.

Now for the Q.....Does it do the POW Like I really wish the GPO would?

Always think about what ifs ...CCR version or Crazy Jims Customs. Or Woos, now the BC's +1.
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

BC's +1 mapC 4 flex would do a lot quite nice I'd think. #overlapoverload

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post

#2 More of an All Mtn Slay Machines than Powder ski . All you pussies thinking -1, it needs to be skinnier, and walla, nope already walla. Skies powder well and has some nice rocker for feel. Stable comp winning platform across all potential snow conditions. Loves soft snow. Rails on Groomers at 70.
    Walla walla?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    GPO (std. Layup)

First World Sierra Nevada Problems.

Have not bought a sub 100 ski for a Decade. TETO
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by riff View Post
    I'm forced to accept-1.5 for my move to kingpins on your old 192's , chicken. I was really hoping for-1.
    Just go down a boot shell size

Someone with the 188s - weights?

Quote Originally Posted by dschane View Post
    Someone with the 188s - weights?
    I think suprechicken gave the weights in the praxis thread.

Thanks. The answer is 4405 grams for the pair. Search function blows, as everybody knows.

What do you all think about a narrower Q?

I'm looking to add a 183 MVP because I love my pj's and I'd like a wider stiffer one to compliment the pj. Spring ski with some jam. Hoping the spring sale happens this year. If there was a 183 skinny Q option(108) that would bump the MVP from the top of my list

Praxis Quixote - Jumped the Shark or Legit?

Interested in this because I was thinking a -1 Q would be money. But Iggy noted in the On3p thread that the benefits of a asymmetrical ski decrease in smaller widths.
    Last edited by Joebornstein; 03-10-2017 at 12:58 PM.