Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Shhhh. Nobody is supposed to know there is anything other than the Apocalypse, SOA, and banana on Prospector.

Fyi skiers right is the Birth Canal, skiers left is the Mayan Apocalypse.
    Awesome. Thanks! Does Birth Canal usually go this time of year? Was hard to tell. Looked like a cool line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Awesome. Thanks! Does Birth Canal usually go this time of year? Was hard to tell. Looked like a cool line.
    Only one way to find out
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

were giving away a pair of tickets to see TAUK tomorrow night in Jackson. These dudes throw down!

win here - https://www.facebook.com/mountainweeklynews/

fucking Buller, paging fucking Buller.

https://www.outsideonline.com/215751...ferent-incomes

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    fucking Buller, paging fucking Buller.

https://www.outsideonline.com/215751...ferent-incomes
    All of which means that 38 percent of the county’s workforce, among them teachers, police, nurses, and other essential service positions, commutes over 8,432-foot Teton Pass from Victor, Idaho, or 45 minutes up the Snake River Canyon from Alpine, Wyoming

Wow!! 38%
    I new it was huge, but that is huge. Explains the traffic jams in winter. Used to be such a sleepy town

Classic James McMurtry situation
    "I'm not from here, I just live here
    You should have been here about 10 years ago before it got ruined by folks like me"
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    All of which means that 38 percent of the county’s workforce, among them teachers, police, nurses, and other essential service positions, commutes over 8,432-foot Teton Pass from Victor, Idaho, or 45 minutes up the Snake River Canyon from Alpine, Wyoming

Wow!! 38%
    I new it was huge, but that is huge. Explains the traffic jams in winter. Used to be such a sleepy town

Classic James McMurtry situation
    "I'm not from here, I just live here
    You should have been here about 10 years ago before it got ruined by folks like me"
    I wonder what that % looks like for a city like Chicago, NY or SF that is a desirable location to live but has a very high cost of living. Not saying it's higher but wonder if it's on parody, would assume so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0781.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	781.0 KB 
ID:	203462

Name:	SAM_0782.jpg 
Size:	724.9 KB 
ID:	203463

Name:	SAM_0783.jpg 
Size:	705.8 KB 
ID:	203464
    not enough time too bad,great snow no crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Wow!! 38%
    New 88 unit apartment complex in Victor is breaking ground soon, units to be ready by Fall 2018.

Great day for a walk, still winter conditions up high in the right spots.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    New 88 unit apartment complex in Victor is breaking ground soon, units to be ready by Fall 2018.
    That the one on Crystal, with the old foundation and shitty green tarp screening? I thought the old foundation was phase one, mostly retail/commercial, and the apartments at some date down the road? Stoked if it's firmed up more than that.

Also a 2-building 16? unit project going up on S. Beryl.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    That the one on Crystal, with the old foundation and shitty green tarp screening? I thought the old foundation was phase one, mostly retail/commercial, and the apartments at some date down the road? Stoked if it's firmed up more than that.

Also a 2-building 16? unit project going up on S. Beryl.
    That's the one, sounds like new ownership of the property and their phase one is the 88 units, with more planned. Approved by planning and zoning and breaking ground asap.

HIT UP YOUR SEASON PASS HOLDING FRIENDS FOR A $25 TICKET

Through April 9th, 2017, all Adult, Senior, Junior and College/Student Grand Passholders are eligible for a one-time $25 lift ticket* for a friend or family member to enjoy our great spring conditions, live music and events. One ticket redemption per passholder, must show your valid 16-17 Grand Pass at the ticket window to redeem for your guest.
    Grand Passholders are eligible for one free ski or snowboard demo from JH Sports or TVS, good through April 9th, 2017.
    . . .

Great day!
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

If anyone wants to ski the village before the lifts close April 9 I have 3 vouchers left. PM if interested.

Remember: ass, grass, or gas (the kind I get from IPAs, not petrol)... nobody rides for free.

Wow, April 9 this year?

Wow was the pass ever a shitshow last night. Truck w/camper piled in to the berm on that sharp right turn above coal creek. Was glad I still had Blizzaks on, although they're coming off Thursday...(crossing fingers this was the last big dump).
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Mountain Collective collected.
    Coming back for the third winter in Jackson next season!

another tuesday teton classic with blower conditions up high @ 5%, deep and stable, shit was knee deep in a lot of places and the place went off, as soon as you saw the tracks heading into horseshoe you knew what the day would bring.
    this season has been awesome.

party on pucker

Name:	SAM_0793.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	937.2 KB 
ID:	203854
    straightline deep on powder 8's

Name:	SAM_0794.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	843.9 KB 
ID:	203855
    solo track on noname

Name:	SAM_0795.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	789.0 KB 
ID:	203856
    the haunting coolie and a skinner right up noname canyon

Name:	SAM_0800.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	807.5 KB 
ID:	203857
    Last edited by passholer; 04-04-2017 at 06:01 PM. Reason: pics

saw on ig that andrew got sendy... anyone have any video of this? https://www.instagram.com/p/BSgvQ1kggDw/?taken-by=dubjh

I think Tim Schwartz and Derek depiero have video (as well as andrew's POV) so I think he plans to use that to put together a little edit.
    I'll keep you posted mark
    skid luxury

looking to buy a .45-70 Marlin

Stuck in f'ing Rangely, CO at the moment, you all are welcome. Total FOMO.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    I think Tim Schwartz and Derek depiero have video (as well as andrew's POV) so I think he plans to use that to put together a little edit.
    I'll keep you posted mark
    That photo on IG of Andrew making those perfect symmetrical turns over the exposure with the huge waterfalls pouring out below was so sweet!

IR is a hell of a line but it sure looked like there was no time quite like that days present to go for it. I still can't believe how filled in things were this year there. I'm really bummed I couldn't escape from my school work to get up there and ski some lines in the shape they were in, especially since I'm not so keen on throttling myself with hard thumping landings any longer. Watching the last month or so of what was being skied was making me super envious!

We had similar results from our snow down here this season as well. Early in the season I remember saying that "this is the most amazing 35 inch base I have ever seen!" Shit, Telluride was having mid winter storms with unique and ridiculously rare stability this year. Maybe one good thing with global weather weird-ing is that we might see more of this in our near future?
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Finishing with a powder day!!!

Besides the 100 day club and employees, who actually gets to ski tomorrow?

Rumor is... if you show up with a "I Voted" sticker tomorrow you can ski? That can't be true, can it?

Some say you have to have an employee with you, others are saying if you have a season pass but didn't ski 100+ days, you can still ski tomorrow- with the "I Voted" sticker.

Another person said you can ski tomorrow if you say you intend to vote.

Anybody?
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain