Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Name:  ghee.jpg
Views: 1442
Size:  32.9 KB
    my condolences . the ghee's dark side.

...sad. Thought a well might have got him. This is worse if that's possible. :-(

Another terrifying shot...

Original.. https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4132/4...2765b0e0_o.jpg
    Old and Getting Older........
    Amazing Days

My Flickr Photos

.....go out and make this season the best season of your life. Ski that line, take that trip, slide that rail, make that leap, live for the moment, and make memories with friends that’ll last a lifetime, because as a great man once said, “If you don’t do it this year, you’ll be one year older when you do.”

-Mike Rogge

Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons Roll Call 2016/2017

^ sad to see, vibes to him and his

horrible

Sounds like SAR experienced significant risks

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    Is it like moving to Arizona to ski Telluride?
    Well, in one way...a factor in choosing sides that often goes unmentioned is that it's warmer on the west side of Teton Pass. The Teton Valley opens onto the St. Anthony Desert; once you cross over the Henry's Fork, it's cactus and big-ass sand dunes. Warmer air can flow in with the prevailing winds. Jackson, by comparison, is at the bottom of a hole that traps cold air. It's not unusual for Jackson to be 10-20 degrees colder than Driggs in the winter. Our Spring starts noticeably earlier and Winter arrives a little bit later, which is one of the main reasons why the fishing is better on the west side. We get more sunshine over here, too; there's a good reason why there's no farming over on the east side.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 12-30-2016 at 02:30 PM.

quick poll: worth waiting for 10pm New Year's Eve reservations at Gather? anywhere better?

A full shitshow on top of the pass today, snowing sideways and people cued up for parking. But we didn't see anyone all day.

A 2cm crust on anything that got sun on Thursday/ Friday is getting buried, but still noticeable. Some cracky wind slab from SW winds up above 8800'.

Long shot here, but I picked up a hitchhiker at Coal Cr. on Friday and he left a pair of gloves in my car. I didn't get his name, but he'd broken a binding and I dropped him off at the Victor PO-said he lives near Fox Cr. and had something to do with the heli ops for a while? If anyone knows who this is, I'll get the gloves back to him.

Quote Originally Posted by thewestslope View Post
    Long shot here, but I picked up a hitchhiker at Coal Cr. on Friday and he left a pair of gloves in my car. I didn't get his name, but he'd broken a binding and I dropped him off at the Victor PO-said he lives near Fox Cr. and had something to do with the heli ops for a while? If anyone knows who this is, I'll get the gloves back to him.
    I passed this on to a couple of folks that it might be. Nice of you.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    A full shitshow on top of the pass today, snowing sideways and people cued up for parking. But we didn't see anyone all day.

A 2cm crust on anything that got sun on Thursday/ Friday is getting buried, but still noticeable. Some cracky wind slab from SW winds up above 8800'.
    Thanks for the crust beta, pass was packed again today. 6 car wait+ at 10am people pacing around, cars everywhere, people, dogs. As we sat there it was evident this party ain't gonna last forever.

Having cars lined up from both directions is a bit much. Not sure how this would ever get fixed without alienating one side of the pass folks vs the other. Room between cars, some cars park tight, some not so much. Thinking maybe bamboo poles in the snowbank to mark spots? What about some spots only for people car pooling? I'm good at tossing out ideas, making stuff happen well surely one of you can step up or all of us.

Been asking random people were they are heading the last few days, I'm in a cheerful mood as of late. Surprising or maybe not that a large portion of the people I talked to were skiing the pass for the first time. And they all had very bad beta on where certain runs were located. Like the 2 ladies today that almost dropped into Olympic Bowl thinking it was Edelweiss..

roads are dicy, slow it down make it home safe!

Check your PMs west slope. I left you beta on who to call about getting the gloves returned.

This is from a North aspect at 9500' in the Southern Tetons. This layer produced PST165/220 (END) and was easy to ID with a probe. No digging necessary.

Hope everyone is enjoying the blower. It seems to be everywhere right now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170102_125205.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1,005.0 KB 
ID:	196307
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170102_125205.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	788.0 KB 
ID:	196306  
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Start Bus on the way to Idaho needs to stop at the top of the Pass.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

can someone point me toward beacon basin please?

Thumbs up

Hello
    Hitchhiker is Dave Miller
    Please contact him ASAP at 360 317 5681.
    So good to be in a community of trust and adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    can someone point me toward beacon basin please?
    Think it's about a half mile up Mail Cabin to the left.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by m2dde4 View Post
    Hello
    Hitchhiker is Dave Miller
    Please contact him ASAP at 360 317 5681.
    So good to be in a community of trust and adventure.
    Thanks, everybody. I've made arrangements to get them back to him.

Very cool. Never underestimate the power of maggotdome.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Think it's about a half mile up Mail Cabin to the left.
    Yup. On your left as you come out of Columbia Bowls. If you're coming up from Coal Creek stay on the east side of Trail Creek instead of crossing to get into Mail Cabin- look for the orange survey tape at the control box. Put in and maintained by your friendly neighborhood Exum guides.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    We been doing some training for Targee out here in the PNW.
    Skiing blindfolded?

You ever been to Baker?

That's okay as long as there is not a minus sign infront. Recordings in Celsius excepted.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

it's only -12 this morning
    skid luxury

Celsius? (I hope)

That is kind of cold for my beach town bones which will be arriving next week.

iscariot