Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

we sat there thinking this is going to go one of two ways... Maybe these guys got lucky or were just very bold?

Today didn't suck once the sun came out. The bowl was not nearly as bad as I expected.

thinking next season will be my debut at Jackson

pray 4 me!!!
    "up in the ski resorts, up in hills they move ki's and had skis making drops on snowmobiles"- GZA

Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons Roll Call 2016/2017

Here's Little Tucks main bowl, skiers left of Glory, pictured yesterday.

Avvy debris ran the length of the track after a skier punched through a cornice on Friday during the last day of the storm.

I was also hiking the bowl that day, and found his partner up there not sure what to do during whiteout conditions. Luckily, the dude who broke the cornice wasn't caught or carried.

Jackson Hole/Targhee/Tetons Roll Call 2016/2017

Anyone know the name of this line (or the steeper couloir just to the right of it)? Its at the other end of the ridge from Apoc (lower right of the photo). We went for it yesterday but bailed due to nasty rotor winds that had pulverized the snow.

Nice fun low key day today. Sun came out. Tower 3 was skiing great. Hobacks softened. Skiing in Jackson baked my liners properly yesterday so my boots were working better.

Yesterday was pretty bad. Today was a pleasant surprise. Walk on trams all morning. No complaints.

Vibes ++++++

The roundup included $4,100 in cash;

215 syringes loaded with cannabis oil;

196 grams of LSD-infused gummy candy;

223 doses of MDMA, or ‘Molly’;

388 grams of MDMA ecstasy tablets;

398 grams of MDMA; 4.6 grams of liquid LSD; and

46 grams of THC wax, or shatter.

http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/c...3005b1e19.html
    What??

There them cops go squashing all the nonsnow related fun again.

Big bust tho, and those are some foreign sounding names...The valley mob is stepping up

Moldovian mob is no joke...

A bit overdue, but a great powder day at the end of February!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Anyone know the name of this line (or the steeper couloir just to the right of it)? Its at the other end of the ridge from Apoc (lower right of the photo). We went for it yesterday but bailed due to nasty rotor winds that had pulverized the snow.

Shhhh. Nobody is supposed to know there is anything other than the Apocalypse, SOA, and banana on Prospector.

Fyi skiers right is the Birth Canal, skiers left is the Mayan Apocalypse.
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

Quote Originally Posted by dFiddler View Post
    Moldovian mob is no joke...
    thats the ugly truth, not my favorite people

Quote Originally Posted by _Aaron_ View Post
    Shhhh. Nobody is supposed to know there is anything other than the Apocalypse, SOA, and banana on Prospector.

Fyi skiers right is the Birth Canal, skiers left is the Mayan Apocalypse.
    Awesome. Thanks! Does Birth Canal usually go this time of year? Was hard to tell. Looked like a cool line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Awesome. Thanks! Does Birth Canal usually go this time of year? Was hard to tell. Looked like a cool line.
    Only one way to find out
    "The idea wasnt for me, that I would be the only one that would ever do this. My idea was that everybody should be doing this. At the time nobody was, but this was something thats too much fun to pass up." -Briggs
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    Wear your climbing harness. Attach a big anodized locker to your belay loop so its in prime position to hit your nuts. Double russian Ti icescrews on your side loops positioned for maximal anal rape when you sit down. Then everyone will know your radness
    More stoke, less shit.

were giving away a pair of tickets to see TAUK tomorrow night in Jackson. These dudes throw down!

win here - https://www.facebook.com/mountainweeklynews/

fucking Buller, paging fucking Buller.

https://www.outsideonline.com/215751...ferent-incomes

Quote Originally Posted by media310 View Post
    fucking Buller, paging fucking Buller.

https://www.outsideonline.com/215751...ferent-incomes
    All of which means that 38 percent of the county’s workforce, among them teachers, police, nurses, and other essential service positions, commutes over 8,432-foot Teton Pass from Victor, Idaho, or 45 minutes up the Snake River Canyon from Alpine, Wyoming

Wow!! 38%
    I new it was huge, but that is huge. Explains the traffic jams in winter. Used to be such a sleepy town

Classic James McMurtry situation
    "I'm not from here, I just live here
    You should have been here about 10 years ago before it got ruined by folks like me"
    What??

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    All of which means that 38 percent of the county’s workforce, among them teachers, police, nurses, and other essential service positions, commutes over 8,432-foot Teton Pass from Victor, Idaho, or 45 minutes up the Snake River Canyon from Alpine, Wyoming

Wow!! 38%
    I new it was huge, but that is huge. Explains the traffic jams in winter. Used to be such a sleepy town

Classic James McMurtry situation
    "I'm not from here, I just live here
    You should have been here about 10 years ago before it got ruined by folks like me"
    I wonder what that % looks like for a city like Chicago, NY or SF that is a desirable location to live but has a very high cost of living. Not saying it's higher but wonder if it's on parody, would assume so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0781.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	781.0 KB 
ID:	203462

Name:	SAM_0782.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	724.9 KB 
ID:	203463

Name:	SAM_0783.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	705.8 KB 
ID:	203464
    not enough time too bad,great snow no crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

Wow!! 38%
    New 88 unit apartment complex in Victor is breaking ground soon, units to be ready by Fall 2018.

Great day for a walk, still winter conditions up high in the right spots.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    New 88 unit apartment complex in Victor is breaking ground soon, units to be ready by Fall 2018.
    That the one on Crystal, with the old foundation and shitty green tarp screening? I thought the old foundation was phase one, mostly retail/commercial, and the apartments at some date down the road? Stoked if it's firmed up more than that.

Also a 2-building 16? unit project going up on S. Beryl.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    That the one on Crystal, with the old foundation and shitty green tarp screening? I thought the old foundation was phase one, mostly retail/commercial, and the apartments at some date down the road? Stoked if it's firmed up more than that.

Also a 2-building 16? unit project going up on S. Beryl.
    That's the one, sounds like new ownership of the property and their phase one is the 88 units, with more planned. Approved by planning and zoning and breaking ground asap.

HIT UP YOUR SEASON PASS HOLDING FRIENDS FOR A $25 TICKET

Through April 9th, 2017, all Adult, Senior, Junior and College/Student Grand Passholders are eligible for a one-time $25 lift ticket* for a friend or family member to enjoy our great spring conditions, live music and events. One ticket redemption per passholder, must show your valid 16-17 Grand Pass at the ticket window to redeem for your guest.
    Grand Passholders are eligible for one free ski or snowboard demo from JH Sports or TVS, good through April 9th, 2017.
    What??