Japan Mountain biking

Here is a link to a piece on pinkbike about the trip I did with some friends to Japan this fall.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/the-lan...apan-2016.html

Cool trip.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Saw that on PB. Great shots man. I really need to get over there for some skiing and biking.

Thanks. Yer good at what you do. Rock on.

Sick writeup! Love Myoko!!
    パウダーバカ!!

Thinking of doing a day of MTB riding without going too far from Tokyo....this article tho has some comments from locals saying Japan doesn't have the best riding. And the article says Myoko only has one trail lift-served. Right, I think?

"As someone who has been living and riding (and trail building where possible) in Nagano and near Nozawa for the past 10 years, I highly recommend visiting this beautiful area. BUT I would never recommend it as a bike destination. Other than a couple of lift access resorts, there are very few trails here and they are not very long. Also the trails don't network; usually there is one trail and you need to drive or take a long ride through town to get to another one. Most trails are not mtn. bike trails, they are very low traffic hiking trails and therefore you can't build on them or manipulate them.

I say this not to be negative but just to not have riders come here and be disappointed with the riding aspect of their vacation. All of the other aspects like culture, nature, castles, temples and shrines etc., is worth the visit."

Anyone recommend a place that is entertaining for a half a day on a MTB? I can't believe it's all connecting some short deer trails, what am I missing? Any lift-served resort with just 3 good trails instead of one? Ha, I don't need much. And I need to rent a bike at the location...

Wow, some amazing photos there.

Whoa, someone one randomly bumped an old thread. Anyways, I am actually heading back for a fall MTB trip again this year. Apparently there has been a bunch of new trails built so time to go do some exploring.

thanks fer nothing!