Page 85 of 107 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2661
    That’s nice touch, though with you guys on extra app. I got a remote switch controlled plug into a box fan for race mode. Also have an oscillating fan with multi speed remote. Start w nothing and a Jersey and start stripping layers and upping fans until the box fan comes on once it gets going all while still pedaling.

80* here in PA today so still riding outside in short sleeves, delaying inevitable Zwift as long as possible, but did put the roadie on the trainer this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did see an extension cord in the Xmas section that had a bubble to step on the turn on the lights. Almost got that as a way to manually turn on the power to the fans.

Edit to add photo

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I need this for my space heater. It gets really hard to motivate knowing you're walking into a freezing cold, detached, garage.
    One good thing about our cool rainy winters is our detached garage is actually a perfect temp for Zwift - usually in the low 40s. I can start with sweatpants and a hoodie, then drop layers as I warm up. I agree that below freezing temps would be discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post

80* here in PA today so still riding outside in short sleeves, delaying inevitable Zwift as long as possible, but did put the roadie on the trainer this week.
    80 in October in PA? Is that normal? Having an early fall here.

We get pretty wild swings in general in mid-Atlantic. Should be 60s normally, 80 is quite high for us, but not historic.

Normal high would be 66, though in 1975 was 87 for record high. Record low was 32 in 1876.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a bunch of changes coming which I’m sure y’all have seen. Not sure how Neokyo will be as Makuri when busy isn’t fun. Typically ride reverse and not as bad.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    パウダーバカ!!

Moved into a new house about a month ago, with a proper garage. Still getting it dialed in, but should have a paincave setup in time for TGR group rides. I'll post pics when I get it sorted. Looking forward to weekly pain again this winter.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Jumped into a B race from the Japan world, three village loop this morning before my booster shot. Man, I forgot how hard it is. The total lack of freewheeling smokes me so hard. At 140lbs with an FTP around 234 at 56 years old. It’s fucking tough staying on the wheels. I can hang with the A groups on outdoor rides, hiding behind big guys and snapping up the hills, I always punish over the top of climbs and manage to get back on the way down, I can descend fast. Zwift racing fucking hurts me! 53 minute race, 53 minutes at HR threshold, is that because it’s hot riding indoors? Couldn’t recover for shit today. Redline City!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Jumped into a B race from the Japan world, three village loop this morning before my booster shot. Man, I forgot how hard it is. The total lack of freewheeling smokes me so hard. At 140lbs with an FTP around 234 at 56 years old. It’s fucking tough staying on the wheels. I can hang with the A groups on outdoor rides, hiding behind big guys and snapping up the hills, I always punish over the top of climbs and manage to get back on the way down, I can descend fast. Zwift racing fucking hurts me! 53 minute race, 53 minutes at HR threshold, is that because it’s hot riding indoors? Couldn’t recover for shit today. Redline City!
    It ZP pushing you into B races? If not, drop down to C. It's all about having fun unless you're using the B race effort to get stronger .... in which case .... mission accomplished?

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

I’ve been upgraded to B for over a year, it’s not fun getting dropped every race. I’m just gonna race the C’s and fuck what Zwiftpower thinks. Is this a good course of action?
    Last edited by buttahflake; 10-26-2021 at 01:30 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Moved into a new house about a month ago, with a proper garage. Still getting it dialed in, but should have a paincave setup in time for TGR group rides. I'll post pics when I get it sorted. Looking forward to weekly pain again this winter.
    Nice!

I’ve been upgraded to B for over a year, it’s not fun getting dropped every race. I’m just gonna race the C’s and fuck what Zwiftpower thinks. Is this a good course of action?
    Yeah, that's totally cool. Your results won't count on zp if you've been forced to race B, but you'll have more fun.

I'm about 3 weeks in to the 8 week 'gran fondo' plan, seemed like it had less 'dumb' workouts than some of the plans plus volume I can deal with with my schedule. So far so good, probably could use more base volume but I've never been good at making myself do long easy workouts anyway. Best part, it'll wrap up just in time for ski season. Nice to be doing a structured training plan again, it's been a good 6 months or so since I focused on what I was doing.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

So I am getting ready to make the jump into the smart trainer scene - does anyone have thoughts on the Tacx Flux S? I can get into one for WAY cheaper than any other option? Thanks for any feedback!

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    So I am getting ready to make the jump into the smart trainer scene - does anyone have thoughts on the Tacx Flux S? I can get into one for WAY cheaper than any other option? Thanks for any feedback!
    All the smart trainers from the major brands are really good. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    All the smart trainers from the major brands are really good. You can't go wrong with any of them.
    Thanks! I was hoping this was the answer.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Thanks! I was hoping this was the answer.

Agreed w Dee. Probably the most definitive guide of all the options that I've seen:
    https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/11/...de-winter.html

I think the Mid-High end is the sweet spot value wise personally. I've had an Elite Direto for ~3 years and no complaints, otherwise would have been just as happy with the TACX or Wahoo KICKR Core in the similar price range. I do think wheel off is preferred to reduce the barrier of use.

Back on the Zwift train. Realizing all the steep mountain biking this summer jacked up my aerobic base, so it’s nice to telework and just spin a few hours in Z1/2

Looking forward to some December rides with you guys

I have a kickr core and am not fully confident in it's long term reliability. Pretty soon after I got it it started knocking pretty bad. Snugging up the drive pulley and backing off belt tension a touch seems to have fixed it but I've heard of bearing issues with them. I took it because it was available but had borrowed a Saris H3 before buying my trainer and that seemed a bit nicer. I don't really know if that has it's own set of issues or what though.

I’ve got a Core. So far so good. Hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I have a kickr core and am not fully confident in it's long term reliability. Pretty soon after I got it it started knocking pretty bad. Snugging up the drive pulley and backing off belt tension a touch seems to have fixed it but I've heard of bearing issues with them. I took it because it was available but had borrowed a Saris H3 before buying my trainer and that seemed a bit nicer. I don't really know if that has it's own set of issues or what though.
    I have a snap that was making noise, it was a known issue. Wahoo was great about warrantying it. They even sent the new one before I sent the old one in. Don’t be afraid to reach out to them. Of course this was pre pandemic so YMMV.

Can you up your weight a bit to get your W/kg back into the C's?
    Why / when are you getting dropped in the B races?

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

The draft in Zwift is like non-existent to my avatar for some reason? I don’t know. I get dropped on longish 3%-4% grades when the big guys are smashing it, somewhat similar to real life. I’m much better on rolling terrain or really steep grades, long steep climbs suit me. I have trouble gaining weight, I’ve been eating cookies and brownies and weighed in at 137.5 this morning. I’m 5’10. What should I do coach?
    This is me, chicken sticks for legs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635434413.782095.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	390621
    crab in my shoe mouth

The draft in Zwift is like non-existent to my avatar for some reason? I don’t know. I get dropped on longish 3%-4% grades when the big guys are smashing it, somewhat similar to real life. I’m much better on rolling terrain or really steep grades, long steep climbs suit me. I have trouble gaining weight, I’ve been eating cookies and brownies and weighed in at 137.5 this morning. I’m 5’10. What should I do coach?
    This is me, chicken sticks for legs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1635434413.782095.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	396.2 KB 
ID:	390621
    I’m like you. Was significantly skinnier than that thru college, gained a little bit of weight but not much in the following years, but the change that actually let me gain weight was adding structure to my eating.

I now have a few meal options that I’ll eat everyday for breakfast and lunch during the workweek, and I’ll add/subtract from those weekday breakfast/lunches if I’m trying to gain/lose. I also drink a protein powder shake (or two if trying to gain) each day. Can also add in a snack for extra calories, like a serving or two of almonds.

I don’t structure myself for dinners or on weekends.

If you’re like me, you may find that when you start gaining weight, it may not be the muscle you’re hoping for. I’ve had to add in some weight training to put the weight gain to use.

One last tip: take a trip to Italy and spend a week or two eating lots of cured meats and cheese, making sure you get antipasti, firsts, seconds, and dessert each night. Gained a few pounds in a week!

Gaining weight as the "problem" in your life <--- what's that like?