Page 11 of 107 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    However, with two people that weigh the same, the one on the (far) heavier bike will go DH faster...that’s what I was getting at. Now I am thoroughly confuzled.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Oh shit I missed the BIKE part. Yes 100 lb bike would be heavier, making you go faster on the dh

BUY A FAN!
    Oh my gawd, what a difference 2 fans make. Our Home Depot finally got fans in stock. I'm now using a 16" pedestal fan in front of me, and a 11" desk fan on the open window ledge puling in fresh air.
    Want a difference it makes. My average heart rate came down almost 10% with the cooling effect.

Got bounced back down to (C) cat, been struggling lately. Decide to jump into the Team Italy Crit on the Downtown Dolphin course and had a good one. Best numbers in at least 45 days. 22 minutes at 3.4w/kg. ZwiftPower has me in 8th place. Hung in with the front group, that was a blast. That crit course is fast with no let up, sprint out of every corner. Nice little cobblestone climb in the middle.
    I think you can see the hill on my graph!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4364.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	875.1 KB 
ID:	326962
    crab in my shoe mouth

What is with that crit course? It comes up in events or location map ?

You burning out by May like I warned against ?! Lol.

I pulled off a number 1 spot on the reverse Epic KOM at 20:25 last night. Not bad considering I had my bike out for ride IRL and the tire was dirty and slipping on the roller . First time that happened , made me start thinking more of wheel -off trainer. Wonder how many watts I’m losing in general

Wish I had seen that article about overtraining earlier! It makes sense to me now, when you go easy, you go wicked easy. When you go hard, you go wicked hard. Trying to avoid Z3 and spending most of my time in Z1/Z2 with a couple of Z4 efforts during the week. Makes a huge difference.
    That Crit Course is open for racing only, it’s a blast. Dude, that’s a fast time up the Epic KOM!
    crab in my shoe mouth

I've active now on Zwift since March 1st, started by following my plan and slowly ramping up each week. Had 3 large hour weeks in a row and didn't catch it until I was tired. But, vast majority of the riding was done in z1/z2. I came off a small rest week and rode yesterday in NY, catching badges and had to ride the KOM climb on that upper level about 4x in 90min. Ended up with a new 5min PR and only 9w off the 20min PR. I was trying to push decently hard, but certainly not at race pace. So, it was nice to see the gains.

My outdoor riding pal noticed the improvement immediately this year. Said I was secretly training...and if I can lose the next 20lbs (which I should be able to do), then I'll leave him in the dust. It has gotten me motivated.

I've completed 47 of the 67 routes in the past 60 days. Some days are 2 a day, some are rest days, recently have gotten outside. The remaining 20 will get tougher. 10 of those have over 2700ft of climb and 5 of those 10 are over 45 miles long.

Since I felt like such a slob the first time I rode my bike outside this spring I got on the Zwiftmobile and joined one of their workout programs. Pretty much sticking to that and not drinking hoping to see some gains by June.

And holy shit does my ass hurt, never had so much discomfort in all my years of riding bikes. Using my road bike with my saddle on the trainer hurts, trying a different saddle on the trainer now. My FS mtb is killing me too, going to just give it a rest for a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Since I felt like such a slob the first time I rode my bike outside this spring I got on the Zwiftmobile and joined one of their workout programs. Pretty much sticking to that and not drinking hoping to see some gains by June.

And holy shit does my ass hurt, never had so much discomfort in all my years of riding bikes. Using my road bike with my saddle on the trainer hurts, trying a different saddle on the trainer now. My FS mtb is killing me too, going to just give it a rest for a couple days.
    How is your bike short game? Are you running a quality, bib-short? And if so, are you using Chamois Butter? The, no drinking thing, will pay huge dividends. It’s been over a year since my last drink, I’m crazy fit right now. No DIPA’s and Zwift, works!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Assortment of bibs/shorts, mostly pearl izumi, some patagonia and dakine all various ages but nothing that needs to be shit canned. butter user.

seems like it's a pressure thing, not friction

Try to move around more. When road riding you are always shifting around, a little standing, some english to avoid a crack or pothole, shifting to coast down a hill ect..
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I watch the timer and stand up every 10min when I first start zwifting. Gradually increasing the time each week. I can go 45min or more now, but still try to stand every 20min if I can remember.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

thanks for the tips, hadn't thought about the fact that I'm planted on a solid object and riding it like I'm out in the world

It’s very common for people to develop saddle sores or discomfort on the stationary bike.
    I have the Kurt Kinetic R1 which allows me to lean 30 degrees each way while riding. It allows me to adjust my saddle position.

Saw this setup video from a PT, might help someone if their bike is a bit off.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

This badge hunting game has been a nice refresh on Zwift for me. I'm just going down the list and banging them off as they come. Was gonna do Three Sisters last night then saw that Innsbruck was running so jumped over there and snagged the Achterbahn route at 30 miles. 2 Hour ride finished at 11:30 last night then had to drag myself out of bed this am to work, no bueno...

Looks like 3 sister tonight and then maybe Mega Pretzel this weekend ... !

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    This badge hunting game has been a nice refresh on Zwift for me. I'm just going down the list and banging them off as they come.
    I sent you a PM with a detailed list of all the routes.

^^That is awesome, thanks!

So ZwiftPower kicked me out of my normal D category race last night. My results were posted in the C Category.
    In 10 weeks since getting my trainer and joining Zwift I've increased my my power by 45 watts, increased my w/kg by 0.7 and have lost 7.7 kgs (17 lbs).
    Real riding outside is so my more enjoyable, my heart rate on the steep climbs is manageable, I can push hard in the steep switchbacks and recover instantly.
    I have not spent much time on my road bike yet, but looking forward to managing my ride based on my power meter.
    I'm glad I bough the trainer when I did. best money I have spent in biking.

Nice work Dee Hubbs! My first year with a smart trainer and Zwift also. What a huge difference it’s made for me. Unlocked a bunch of badges today. Volcano Circuit CCW, five laps on the circuit unlocks Warmed Up, 10 laps gets you Hot Head, 25 laps for On Fire! Also got the Metric Century kit and an Extra Credit badge You’re Famous for so many ride on’s. Good way to spend a cold windy day. Just had a couple of cords of wood delivered, time for some cross training!
    crab in my shoe mouth

I’ve wondered about all those funky badges and how to get them. I suppose Zwift insider has all the info? I went for ‘whole lotta lava’ badge the other night and cranked out a KOM attempt on volcano climb, ended up 3rd at 7:35 but managed a new 5 min power of 406 up from 396!

I’m loving the badge hunt, definitely staying on the bike longer. Got my eye on a couple real life Strava segments , they gonna go down!

First attempt on the original KOM that climbs up from downtown watopia in over a year . Wanted to get high 2 min , maybe break 2 ... bam! 1:50 and the jersey and new power number 574 for 1 min and 1 sec at 891.

Incremental gains these days but they still feel great !

Whoa! A minute at 574, nicely done.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    BUY A FAN!
    Oh my gawd, what a difference 2 fans make. Our Home Depot finally got fans in stock. I'm now using a 16" pedestal fan in front of me, and a 11" desk fan on the open window ledge puling in fresh air.
    Want a difference it makes. My average heart rate came down almost 10% with the cooling effect.
    I ride with two fans, three in summer but we don't have ac in Hokkaido. I gotta use wrist guards and a bandana to keep the sweat at bay.

Nice to see lots of people on Zwift. I'm on usually three+ days a week 5:30am Japan time 4:30pm EST. I haven't seen too many other skibums on there.

Have any of you tried fulgaz? I have heard some good things about but have yet to check it out. Nobody happens to have a TR code for a free month do they?
    パウダーバカ!!

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    Nice to see lots of people on Zwift. I'm on usually three+ days a week 5:30am Japan time 4:30pm EST. I haven't seen too many other skibums on there.

Have any of you tried fulgaz? I have heard some good things about but have yet to check it out. Nobody happens to have a TR code for a free month do they?
    I got a code for a few month when I bought my trainer. I'll PM it to ya, hope it it works for you.
    I haven't been on my trainer in a month since riding outs is great, BUT woke up to 3" of snow on the ground here in Colorado. Might need to fire up the Zwift today.