Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Event is set up to accept late riders, as long as we are still riding, you can join in mid pack.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

8:00 is too late for me y’all. I’m in bed and reading by 8:30. Maybe next time we could make it more east coast friendly. I’m out.
    Plus it’s like 60* right now, riding in shorts!
    Last edited by buttahflake; 12-01-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Fuck, just seeing this. Did a hard leg day this morning - bad timing. However, I might actually be able to make it tonight. If so, I might just ride through the first lap and then watch you fuckers go after each other.

Was going to try to make the 8pm ride but it’s right smack in the middle of putting-kids-to-bed-o’clock. Regrettably, 7pm (EST) on weeknights is the latest I can join a ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7pm east coast for me also.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I'll give er' a go tonight! I'm probably not qualified to keep up on lap 3, so don't be offended if I disappear .

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    I'll give er' a go tonight! I'm probably not qualified to keep up on lap 3, so don't be offended if I disappear .
    Me too!

I will try to keep it together for a few laps.
    Less than 2.0 for a lap, less than 2.5 for a lap, and then see who has some legs/lungs.

enjoy the ride all. I'm also on kid duty at night so kind of limited to early morning rides only on weekdays (and most weekends)

Shit, I got dropped by the GF. She’s doing a Zwift race right now, we use the same rig. Ride on everyone

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Dudes that was fun and a heck of a finish. Thought my heart was going to explode. Peter is a beast. Once he put the coals to it he was long gone. Good pack of us racing for second.

Thanks Dee for the setup!

The first ever TGR Zwift meetup was a success!
    8 riders! (in no special order)
    Dee Hubbs (DH)
    jamal (PL)
    Whiteroom_Gaurdian (TA)
    justcuz (KR)
    huckbucket (PMJ)
    Merlyn (SS)
    Yanos (AKC)
    EWG (FT)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC1508AC-3D5C-4909-A429-A2A1D3A9FB5B_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	511.4 KB 
ID:	350733
    We all stayed to together for 2.75 laps (40-45 mins), and then in the last 4km to the finish line, showed us all who had the legs.

I'll set one up for next week. I'll try for an earlier start time for the East Coasters, but I don't want to cannibalize the riders we already have for the possibility of other riders.
    I'll adjust the length by -900m so we finish at the banner (27.2km). And I'll try to name it TGR meetup and not my name.
    Give me feedback on route, length, time of day.
    RIDE ON!
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 12-01-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Dudes that was fun and a heck of a finish. Thought my heart was going to explode. Peter is a beast. Once he put the coals to it he was long gone. Good pack of us racing for second.

Thanks Dee for the setup!
    Thanks everyone. Peter just disappeared. Literally. He was gone before the finish I think. I wondered if we were gonna get lapped by him.

I just didnt want to put all the names out there, as some are guys real names, may not want em here on TGR.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I just didnt want to put all the names out there, as some are guys real names, may not want em here on TGR.
    Ahhh ... gotcha. Will remove.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Ahhh ... gotcha. Will remove.
    I'll put initials beside TGR names in my post above with the photo.

Really like that route. The climb is just short enough and everything else rolls. I vote for 4 laps (~60 mins). 2.5 w/kg right up to the bridge before the climb on the last lap and then free for all is great.

sorry I had another meetup to make and ours didn't quite finish in time. Fun time! I was a little worried there'd only be like 2-3 people but that was a good turnout.

And I'm not too worried about my real name, it's not hard to find if someone wanted to as I've already posted my zwift profile in here, strava rides, etc.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    sorry I had another meetup to make and ours didn't quite finish in time. Fun time! I was a little worried there'd only be like 2-3 people but that was a good turnout.

And I'm not too worried about my real name, it's not hard to find if someone wanted to as I've already posted my zwift profile in here, strava rides, etc.
    I'm pretty sure you still would have smoked the rest of us!

Thanks DH for putting together the meetup. That was solid. I didn't plan on taggin along for the third lap, since i'm justing getting over this sickness, but got suckered in.

I haven't done a small meet up in Zwift, that was damn cool. I like the time, distance and course. Perfect for a Tuesday.

The time sucks! Make it earlier please! Looks like a fun time was had by all. Bummed I missed out.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Yeah it was super fun. My power graph looked like a Christmas painting (red green red green) as I’m getting used to riding in groups on zwift but it was cool.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That was my first meetup - good times.

At the start of the third lap I was thinking I’d maybe be able to hang near the front until the finish but after the hill you guys were gone. Nice work!

I know, SFJ...I did that.

So after years of being dumb I've decided to get smart. I like the idea of a direct drive trainer but not too keen on having to take the wheel off, plus my bike has a 10 speed cassette and from what I've seen the direct drives are 11 so I'd have to swap it out. Not a huge deal but not really what I want to do so I'm thinking a wheel on wheel is my best option. Looking at the Wahoo Snap or Kurt Road Machine. My dumb trainer is a Road Machine and it's fine but I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of the Rock and Roll Kurt...seems like the motion aspect would make things more interesting.

Any suggestions from the collective on these or others?

If anybody's got a used smart they want to unload I might be interested.
    The Sheriff is near!

I love it! I couldn't swing last nights ride but I'll try for the next.
    is this thing on?