Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    5 laps of the jungle was harder than I expected.

Difference between tour and races, nothing really. Anytime you get a group starting together, people will treat it as a race.

Tour of Watopia is a great way to level up with the bonus points. Also go to zwiftinsider.com and learn about Route Badges. You have to choose a route prior to starting to get credit. I'm using it as a personal challenge to get more points.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

I’ve been knocking off a lot of badges lately, It’s fun.
    Ended up jumping into the Japanese Endurance weekly (B) group ride. Over 250 folks from all over. DoubleDraft was in effect, sat up for a few seconds at the end of the fifth of six laps. Couldn’t bridge back. Group leader does a good job of keeping it right around 3.3w/kg. So I ended up with about 1.5 hours at threshold, and about a half hour at tempo. I’m toast right now. New, Zipp deep-dish 808 wheels felt great for this ride. Flat and fast with one small climb each lap. Ate a 20mg gummi and I’m riding endorphins and THC on the couch watching Trailer Park Boys. Feeling good
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4262.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	866.6 KB 
ID:	321518
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ha nothing beats the post-Zwift workout buzz!

What is with the badges?

The badges are on the same page as the garage and settings. Hit menu during a ride, it will also be there at the end of the ride also. On the stats page.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    5 laps of the jungle was harder than I expected.

Difference between tour and races, nothing really. Anytime you get a group starting together, people will treat it as a race.

Tour of Watopia is a great way to level up with the bonus points. Also go to zwiftinsider.com and learn about Route Badges. You have to choose a route prior to starting to get credit. I'm using it as a personal challenge to get more points.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Can’t stand jungle since they ‘graveled’ it, I’m all for it in real life, but in Zwift is just silly.

Been doing many different routes this all winter, which has kept it interesting.

(24 hr later edit - graveled)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VTskibum; 03-22-2020 at 08:12 AM.

First time I clicked on the Badge list there. Lots of carrots on the stick to get after.

^^ what you mean 'traveled' the jungle?

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    First time I clicked on the Badge list there. Lots of carrots on the stick to get after.

^^ what you mean 'traveled' the jungle?
    Meant Gravel. Think it autocorrected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, that 5x Jungle loop Group Ride was a disaster... I'll start with excuses Lol

Hour run in the morning. Felt great. Cornona virus prepping all day, built a green house and got 15 new chickens settled in new coop.

Saw the ride was at 8pm. The day flew by all the sudden it was 7:30 and I was starving. Wife had just cooked three of these beef Tamales from Costco for me. I was so hungry and ate two of them. Almost talked my self out of riding. Looked at the clock 7:45... might as well do this. What could go wrong?

Luckily I had the heads up from Buttah that I needed to go find a gravel bike in drop shop so I had done that earlier in the afternoon.

3,2,1 Go~! About 200 off the start in A Class. I jumped in with lead pack of 10 and just tried to hang on. Managed to stay with them through all first lap while these fuckers are all holding minimum 4w/kg with the climb all in 5 plus. For me 400 watts is not sustainable.

They finally dropped me hard at the top of the second lap climb. I was now in no mans land through all of 3rd lap, running scared waiting or the next group to catch me. I managed to hold 330watts or around 3.9 up into the 4th lap climb and then the wheels fell off. We were about 50 minutes in now and a whole mob of people flew by. All of the sudden I can barely roll on 200 watts. Complete quad failure.

OMG I have to do another lap?! Then the tamales reminded me of their presence as I was struggling up the far side of the rope bridge. Game over. Got off the bike right at an hour at the end of lap 4.

Too beat to even drink a beer. The end.

Good stuff, carp, I needed a laugh! Group rides are based on distance only, as opposed to the races which are based on w/kg. So there is an A and B ride, both are 1.0-5.0w/kg. (A) ride is the longer option. I’ve found that the front groups on these group rides are hammer sessions, you can always sit up and wait for the laughing group!
    Ended up riding my gravel rig outside yesterday, even though it was only 37 degrees. Went steady but not hard, can’t believe how good I feel on the bike for what time of the year it is. I always struggle getting fitness in the spring. Zwift freaking works! Probably gonna jump into that B group ride today, it’s cold, grey and getting ready to snow here. Last thing we need right now is snow, with the areas being closed and whatnot.
    crab in my shoe mouth

How do we organize a TGR group ride? That could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    How do we organize a TGR group ride? That could be interesting.
    I was just thinking that same thing
    crab in my shoe mouth

I’ll pull sweep!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It’s been snowing hard since noontime, town plow has gone by three times now, probably gonna be a foot when it wraps up late tonight. Huge bummer, we were at the tail end of mud season, MTB trails were almost ready, dirt roads were drying out. Thankful for Zwift, it will get me through another week as this snow melts.
    Jumped into the tour short ride, jungle circuit. I had a good start, but I burned too many matches early. Suffered on the second lap, that climb is a grinder just flat enough to hammer, but just long enough to make it hurt bad. Chased back a bunch of riders on the final lap. 569 riders, ended up in 101st place. Averaged 3.3w/kg for 52 minutes. Fast group.
    Burning Matches

Name:	IMG_0029.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	645.4 KB 
ID:	322001
    crab in my shoe mouth

legit ...

Sufferfest offering a free month with code ALLINSUFPLAN

https://thesufferfest.com
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Jumped into Stage 5 short group ride/race, this morning. Special guest rider and one of my favorite riders in the peloton, Rigoberto Uran! Look at all the Colombian riders on the list. Had another good start, I’m in front of Rigo, he’s the yellow beacon. That wouldn’t last for long, he dropped the hammer shortly after this picture. Ended up in about 125th place out of over 1100 hundred riders.
    A lot of pros jumping onto Zwift during the outbreak. Place is blowing up, big time.

I managed 3.5w/kg for 36 minutes. Fast group of folks this morning.

Name:	IMG_0030.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	538.3 KB 
ID:	322173
    crab in my shoe mouth

My Apple TV just arrived this morning, I'll get everything set up today and start figuring this thing out.

Download the "Companion" app for Zwift if you don't already have it. I use Apple TV as well and it works good. But, the app allows easy access to the Power-up (or whatever they are called) and easy messaging in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Sufferfest offering a free month with code ALLINSUFPLAN

https://thesufferfest.com
    looks like I can only use this code after my 14 days trial is over? is that right?

Cold, grey and windy, so I’m jumping into a massive group ride with Mark Cavendish. 3400 people signed up! 11:00 Ride as One.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Go get em Buttah!

For the rest of us, raise your HR virtually just by watching this guy's vids. I sorta remember those days.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Go get em Buttah!

For the rest of us, raise your HR virtually just by watching this guy's vids. I sorta remember those days.

This is a “controlled” ride today, I don’t think the fence will be up, it’s supposed to be 2.2w/kg-2.8w/kg.
    I’m a huge fan of Cam Jeffers, I watched him ‘Everesting’ yesterday. 8.5 times up the Alpe du Zwift! Took him, 10.5 hours, at the end he could barely talk. Yesterday everyone had the same kit and old school steel bikes, April Fools Day. I watched his last three and a half times up the Alpe, fucking nutz. I’m also a huge fan of Chris Pritchard on YouTube. He cracks me up.

https://youtu.be/YW1xoxLeiOw
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    This is a “controlled” ride today, I don’t think the fence will be up, it’s supposed to be 2.2w/kg-2.8w/kg.
    I’m a huge fan of Cam Jeffers, I watched him ‘Everesting’ yesterday. 8.5 times up the Alpe du Zwift! Took him, 10.5 hours, at the end he could barely talk. Yesterday everyone had the same kit and old school steel bikes, April Fools Day. I watched his last three and a half times up the Alpe, fucking nutz. I’m also a huge fan of Chris Pritchard on YouTube. He cracks me up.

https://youtu.be/YW1xoxLeiOw
    Ohh ... I'll have to check the Everesting vid when available. That's insane. Thx.

I'm hooked. Figured it all out pretty quickly, and I've raced every day for the last 5 days.

I've used the quarantine to double down on riding and get back into shape. The best part of this monthly email is seeing how poor February was for me.

The badge quest has been instrumental in keeping me focused. I could have ridden outside on several days, but I'm admittedly a fair weather rider.

And, I'm down 9lbs.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk