Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2663
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Sapporo who rambled on and on about how Japan is gonna get a meter of snow in the next few days.
    What’s that in freedom units? I need it in washing machines or AR15 length or something else relatable.

Trying to decide if it’s worth Zwifting with just one arm. I imagine the saddle-time will be a little more uncomfortable?
    But hell, I gotta do something, I’m going stir crazy!

(Not really TGR ride related, just in general)
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    I meant to come out today. Also meant to go take a lap up snowbowl. Or do some xmas shopping or something. Last night's race up ventoux had me being pretty lazy all day. It's so far up there. Got pretty tedious. Plus side I picked a good pace and didn't blow up and put down decent power.
    Exhibit A … fast guy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Trying to decide if it’s worth Zwifting with just one arm. I imagine the saddle-time will be a little more uncomfortable?
    But hell, I gotta do something, I’m going stir crazy!

(Not really TGR ride related, just in general)
    Maybe you could come up with some sort of an arm rest? I feel like I've seen a picture of a guy with his arm in a cast resting on a step ladder while he rode a trainer. Might be hard to do anything other than just pedal somewhat casually but it would be better than nothing.

And if anyone's really, really bored I did put that ventoux race on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNzB0L2G-nk

There's some chat and group riding early on but after about 30min it's just solo suffering to the top.
    Last edited by jamal; 12-17-2021 at 01:19 PM.

Can someone remind me how long one of these rides lasts and the typical w/kg range assuming we're all fat-ass middle aged men?
    Not me! I'm skinny fat

Totally kidding. Get some, take pics and make us all jealous.

And DH is right. The group has some big hitters and they haven't shown yet.
    No thanks. I’d like to avoid having a heart attack!! Animals can do their thing I’ll watch from the sidelines.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    パウダーバカ!!

gonna join tonight and see how it goes - tweaked a hammy in an unexpected compression on the hill this morning so pedalling may be really good for it or really bad

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    gonna join tonight and see how it goes - tweaked a hammy in an unexpected compression on the hill this morning so pedalling may be really good for it or really bad
    Ya seemed fine to me

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Ya seemed fine to me

Ha. The saddle actually put pressure on it limiting movement and now it’s got splats cbd cream working it’s magic - more lefts and rights to make tomorrow

Good ride tonight, pace was spot on then the powerhouses could finish it off

6 of us tonight:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	320B0E96-FBC0-49A0-8F07-E0CDA0E161D5_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	441.2 KB 
ID:	397758

G.R. = Grmountainman
    P.L. = jamal
    D.H. = Zhem
    Wendigo
    Dee Hubbs
    F.T. = EWG

Last race of our local series last night. 2 laps of yorkshire, a lot more fun and dynamic and shorter than last week. After that ventoux climb I took a few days off and felt pretty mediocre when I finally took a ride sunday.

Tried to play it smarter, letting other people set pace, letting other people doing some of the chasing, but also getting to the front and being aggressive where it's advantageous. Like on the climb 5k from the finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_ixEnXv_vw
    Last edited by jamal; 12-23-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Anyone planning or riding tonight?
    If not I’ll do a longer ride now and be be done at a better dinner time.

I know timing is tough during the holidays.
    Thanks

Not I - enjoy the holiday week. Likely going to rip off some miles in the morning

I'm missing it- decided I need to take a little break. No festive 500 for me and probably won't even ride at all this week.

Got outside today, so I'm out.

I'm out too.

I’m in Jackson Hole till mid next week so out for a couple cycles.

I’m not back until mid Jan at the earliest

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Anyone planning or riding tonight?
    If not I’ll do a longer ride now and be be done at a better dinner time.

I know timing is tough during the holidays.
    Thanks
    Sorry, missed this. Small group of 2 tonight, myself and S.C. (not sure what his username is so will let him post up).

Will miss this Thursday but should be back next week.

Pretty crappy wet and 50s here so 2x20ish efforts up Innsbruck/Lutscher route makes for good route. Then rode around the hood w my daughter on newly built DJ. Should be in for Tuesdays again moving forward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random topic, but I bought one of those wifi scales that captures Weight (lb), Fat mass (lb), Bone mass (lb), Muscle mass (lb) and Hydration (lb). I've used it for about a month and a half across 10 readings.

One might predict that some of these parameters are correlated over time. For example, any one or all of the mass readings might correlate to overall weight as trends over time. Regardless, I would accepts correlated trends, but not exact trends.

To examine this I calculated z-scores for each parameter across the ten readings and plotted them. I then calculated the regressions for each. The slopes are essentially identical suggesting that the data are just permutations of each other.

For example, the equations for the regression comparing the "weight" readings and the " fat mass" readings are as follows;

y = 0.0516x - 2299.6 (weight)
    y = 0.0517x - 2302.7 (fat mass)

Similarly, the equations comparing "bone mass," "muscle mass," and "hydration" are as follows;

y = -0.005x + 221.77 (bone mass)
    y = -0.004x + 176.72 (muscle mass)
    y = -0.004x + 194.2 (hydration)

There is zero chance that these are truly independent measurements with any connection to distinct biological phenomenon. Other than weight, frankly I don't know what this device is measuring. Even in a relative sense, it's impossible to interpret day-to-day differences.

Buyer beware. Mine is a Body+ by Withings (which is owned by Nokia).

Wirecutter did a review of smart scales that is similar to yours - basically said that they’re only good for weight trends and beaming that metric to an app.

I’m sincerely impressed by your stats skills

Thanks mang. I'd be curious to know what wirecutter found ... gonna search for it.

The analysis suggests there are two things being measured that are unrelated. One is obviously weight. The other I'll just call ... impedence, which is a bucket for a large number of things including fat composition, water, etc. The fiction is that somehow they can parse those elements.

It's horseshit whatever it is.

There is a lot of demand for metrics that tell people what their body is doing. Oura ring and Wahoo strap are popular things that purport to give all kinds of useful data. Like the scale, however, the stuff they measure (movement, HR, temp, HRV) doesn't really allow them to make reliable or useful recommendations. I wish they could do what they claim, but that doesn't make it so.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

I could see value in people getting a long term idea of hours spent asleep per night (much like how a long term measurement of weight might alert you to trends). Probably a lot of us have some chronic sleep debt.

And for serious competitive endurance athletes there may be value in measuring HRV and sleep vs performance in training to look for early signs of overtraining?

For most of us mortals that kinda info is probably overkill. But then again I’ve never used any sort of tracker (not really a numbers guy) so I’m definitely not the target audience even as a weekend warrior.