Page 92 of 107 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2663
    My cheap garmin watch (forerunner 45) plus wearing a hrm when i ride and stuff and occasionally looking at intervals.icu does pretty well. The watch estimates how much you sleep, although I also just know how much/how well I slept.

For awhile I tried tracking HRV but didn't have a fancy whoop or anything and was using an app that used your phone camera and flash. It was too finicky and I never trusted that I got a good reading even when it said so. My low HR when I wake up seems to be about as good of a metric, to me anyway.

I was thinking out loud to my wife in the summer and said that maybe I should use a tracker to make sure I’m not overtraining.

The eye roll was telling. She’s right though. I’m probably never gonna be at risk

Good strong group tonight, 7 of us!
    D.H. = Zhem
    S.C. = mescalito
    C.S. = Schuss
    F.T. = E.W.G
    Wendigo
    P.L. = jamal
    Dee Hubbs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	66CB74EA-9602-457B-B8B2-32F97F620175_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	438.6 KB 
ID:	399781

Great to see a good turn out after the Holidays. I needed a hard push tonight.

Fun times, even with my weird connectivity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Fun times, even with my weird connectivity issues.
    Your connection was a little yo-yo-ey. You'd be way back, and then way ahead, you disappear a few times for a few seconds.
    Since the new Zwift update, there is now a notification in the upper left corner, by your watts, the indicates if you're having connectivity issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Your connection was a little yo-yo-ey. You'd be way back, and then way ahead, you disappear a few times for a few seconds.
    Since the new Zwift update, there is now a notification in the upper left corner, by your watts, the indicates if you're having connectivity issues.
    Yeah, I've been seeing that, but it makes no sense given the bluetooth/ANT+ is literally 2 feet away, with the WiFi Base station 20 feet from the laptop. Might just be my janky 6 year old laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I was thinking out loud to my wife in the summer and said that maybe I should use a tracker to make sure I’m not overtraining.

The eye roll was telling. She’s right though. I’m probably never gonna be at risk
    You might be surprised. I'm flirting with overtraining all the damn time. I guess it's more like overplaying, between biking, skiing, soccer, hoop, general outdoors crap, etc. Exercise/activities are probably my main social and mental health outlet. Throw in some weight training and I'm constantly trying to remind myself to get rest.

When you lose internet connection, you and the game keep going which is nice. If you're in a big group going fast you're screwed and off the back when you reappear. A ride like ours you can just keep pedaling a little harder and hopefully come back in the right vicinity. Turning off internet is also a way to ride around alone without doing a meetup.

First two of our local zwift races this year I had trainer power dropouts. To reduce possibly interference I have a 50ft ethernet cable that i can directly hardwire to the router that seems to help. Then leave the stereo off, turn off my phone bluetooth and leave my watch inside and keep the fans as far from the laptop as I can.

I also opened up the wahoo app and updated my trainer software, and haven't had a dropout since, so that could have been the most helpful thing I did. It would be nice if trainers just had the option to use a usb connection.
    Last edited by jamal; 01-05-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    When you lose internet connection, you and the game keep going which is nice. If you're in a big group going fast you're screwed and off the back when you reappear. A ride like ours you can just keep pedaling a little harder and hopefully come back in the right vicinity. Turning off internet is also a way to ride around alone without doing a meetup.

First two of our local zwift races this year I had trainer power dropouts. To reduce possibly interference I have a 50ft ethernet cable that i can directly hardwire to the router that seems to help. Then leave the stereo off, turn off my phone bluetooth and leave my watch inside and keep the fans as far from the laptop as I can.

I also opened up the wahoo app and updated my trainer software, and haven't had a dropout since, so that could have been the most helpful thing I did. It would be nice if trainers just had the option to use a usb connection.
    Agree with all of the above. The other thing I discovered, before I replaced the laptop with a newer model, was that if you have an option to use bluetooth or ANT, set the trainer for one and everything else to the other (I'd do bluetooth for the trainer and ANT for HR, cadence, etc.). That fixed it for me. Now the newer laptop seems to have fixed it.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    About to do a 1 hour 45 min Zwift training ride. Woof. Don't know how those guys do it who you see on there that are 70 miles in on the trainer.....

First, first place for me in today's Dee Hubbs group ride. I'd like to thank my sponsors but don't have any.... So friggin fast I didn't even see second place or third or anyone for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by mescalito View Post
    First, first place for me in today's Dee Hubbs group ride. I'd like to thank my sponsors but don't have any.... So friggin fast I didn't even see second place or third or anyone for that matter.
    Were you the only one there?
    I’m working tonight and couldn’t make it. We had a good turn out of 7 on Tuesday.

Sorry gents, I'll likely be MIA until mid-Feb. Mid-week ski pass, so I'm usually too tired to ride during the week.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I was solo...hence the first place! As a newbee to group rides on Zwift I realize knowing the course is really helpful and solo was a great way to learn the course.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Small but tight group tonight. Enjoyed it fellas.

Conference call ran late tonight so I ended up doing a training ride since I missed the start. Hope to make it next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Small but tight group tonight. Enjoyed it fellas.
    I agree, it was tight, and the heat increased each lap.
    Dee Hubbs
    jamal
    EWG
    mescalito
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13D42285-63AC-4DCA-B115-55E784CD0426_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	403.6 KB 
ID:	400769

I also jumped into the Stage 1 of the Tour de Zwift right after TGR meetup.

out for 2 weeks - will have a cast on in t minus two hours. given the amount i sweat on these rides things would end up nasty...
    looking forward to jumping back in once the cast is off

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    out for 2 weeks - will have a cast on in t minus two hours. given the amount i sweat on these rides things would end up nasty...
    looking forward to jumping back in once the cast is off
    Sorry dude. Heal up. What happened?

cubital tunnel release - getting around to fixing shit i should have done years ago

If mags are absent I may just get a tour ride under my belt - been off the bike for a month so need some easy distance today.

No takers tonight. Just me there when the clock started.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    cubital tunnel release - getting around to fixing shit i should have done years ago
    Hopefully for the best long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    No takers tonight. Just me there when the clock started.
    Bummer man. My coach had me on a brutal session tonight or I would have joined ya. Keep the faith.

Hopefully schedule lines up again soon. Slowly getting faster as I drag myself out of the muck of not really working out regularly for 4-5 years.