Page 47 of 107 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2662
    Good point, I don't believe it shows w/kg. I just know a general range of mine.

If it helps, 6' 192lbs. 200w would have me around 2.2 w/kg (guessing)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I basically don't bother looking at my rides through zwift and have my account connected to strava, which gives better analysis. Well, with the paid version anyway. It plots a power curve for every ride and lets you compare it to previous best efforts, hr and power zone distributions, etc. The only issue is how many stupid segments there are in the zwift world, so you need to go through on the website and show/hide a lot.

Haha, it calculated me at 2.5 watts, which is a ‘cat 5’.

Holy reality check.
    Way back when I was cat 2/3...
    I gots work to do
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Has anyone tried connecting a garmin watch for HR, or do I have to use the garmin dual chest sensor?
    Zwift couldn’t find it when I was just using the watch.
    Guess I might need a dongle to run just the watch?
    (Sorry if this has been covered, I will go back and review)
    Garmin watch (I have a vivoactive 3) has to connect over ANT. Wont work over Bluetooth. So you need an ANT usb plug in. I bought a cheap one for maybe $20 or less on Amazon. Which might be why mine kickr drops when everything is on the ANT but as long as I connect power to Bluetooth and the eat over ANT it’s fine so far.

Holy reality check.
    I gots work to do

If you link it to your garmin account you get good data there. Shows up automatically.

You’ll find riding/racing in zwift favors different things than your road riding days did.

Holy reality check.
    I gots work to do
    Did you do a structured FTP (functional threshold power) test? This is what sets you up in a category.

20 min version: say you hold 200 watts for 20 min x 95% / 2.2 = ftp in w/kg
    or do full hour test and don't x 95%

these guys explain better

https://www.zwift.com/news/15658-zwi...ou-should-take

I link my Zwift to Strava, Garmin Connect, and Zwift Power.
    I like the data overview at Zwift Power, and Strava to analyze parts of my ride, and Garmin to give me my full day profile (including my weight, sleep patterns, steeps, fluid intake)

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Any Bluetooth capable one, or even a dual one. I have a Suunto BLE that came with my Ambit3 watch. I also have a Garmin Dual ANT+ and BLE. I like this one because it works ANT+ with my Garmin head unit and BLE with Zwift.
    I bought a Wahoo TICKR FIT for my wife. Its also dual frequency, but its an optical HR monitor, and only goes around your forearm for an accurate reading. She likes it because she can just wrap it around her forearm at the last minute, instead of getting it wrapped around her rib cage while getting dressed, sports bra, bib straps, jersey complications.
    These all work great. I have yet to have any signal issues with 2 trainers, 3rd party power meter, 2 hear rates, wheel speed sensor and 2 iPhones, appleTV and remote, and laptop running in the same room at the same time.
    Cool thanks.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    First ride and interval workout just now on the Flux S trainer. Amazing. The smoothness is sooooo nice. I can put out the correct wattage and it feels more more natural/easy. Whatever the "static" resistance was on my old trainer it was HARD. Made everything feel like 300+ watts all the time.

Ok so more nerdery.....I did a Training Peaks workout in Zwift this AM. After finishing the ride it uploaded to Strava and TP like it normally does, but it doesn't show that I "completed" the ride in TP. In the TP calendar the ride for today is still Grey and not Green like the normally turn color when I finish a workout. No idea why. Guess it doesn't really matter. Kinda OCD I guess. I want every workout all month to turn Green to show I didn't miss one.

Edit: Solved. If you go into "file" in the workout from the calendar view and click "recalculate" it shows all the completed values and turned the workout green.

#nerdshit

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    First ride and interval workout just now on the Flux S trainer. Amazing. The smoothness is sooooo nice. I can put out the correct wattage and it feels more more natural/easy. Whatever the "static" resistance was on my old trainer it was HARD. Made everything feel like 300+ watts all the time.
    Awesome. Did you get a feel for how the trainer changes resistance on hills and in a draft?

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Awesome. Did you get a feel for how the trainer changes resistance on hills and in a draft?
    Yeah somewhat, I started the workout in ERG, but I was after zone 4 HR intervals and it was hard to get there in ERG so I turned that off and you can manually set the incline. I needed to punch past the workout power zones to get to the HR zone I wanted.

As soon as I turned ERG off it seemed to get easier. Maybe I should have stayed in that mode though. In workout mode of zwift I guess the resistance is either ERG or manually set?

https://www.zwift.com/news/18855-zwi...e%20you%20feel.

I just left it where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Yeah somewhat, I started the workout in ERG, but I was after zone 4 HR intervals and it was hard to get there in ERG so I turned that off and you can manually set the incline. I needed to punch past the workout power zones to get to the HR zone I wanted.

As soon as I turned ERG off it seemed to get easier. Maybe I should have stayed in that mode though. In workout mode of zwift I guess the resistance is either ERG or manually set?

https://www.zwift.com/news/18855-zwi...e%20you%20feel.

I just left it where it was.
    Yes. You're manually setting resistance or fixing watts. In Erg it will definitely change resistance according to your cadence to hit the target watts. But be sure you switch off of erg (maybe it does this automatically) when you join a group ride/race. I'd go explore off of erg or setting incline (no idea you could even do that) to get a feel for how the terrain, speed, draft effects the effort.

Thanks, I didn’t realize you could swipe. Makes much more sense now.
    OK, Boomer.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

PRECISELY

PRECISELY
    Us "older guys" will have to gang up on these young whippersnappers on the group ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    OK, Boomer.
    That’s fucking funny.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Jamal hit this too, but the easiest way to navigate is to pick a route before you ride and just don't click anything when Zwift offers you an option to go a different direction. Because when Zwift does offers you a choice to go a different direction it's really them asking "do you want to leave the route you chose". Which can be fine if you want to go elsewhere, but going off route costs you the badge + XP you would have gotten for finishing the route you chose to ride.
    So... if you don't explicitly pick a route to ride, you won't get the badge even if you make sure you ride the route and the lead-in? That makes sense why I didn't get any badges for the Volcano stuff I rode tonight, despite definitely completing the routes and lead-ins while "just riding". I guess I just didn't complete the routes, because I didn't select them when I dropped in to the game. Who's the boomer now?

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

So Stage 5: 'A' race is 25 miles and 900' climb while 'B' race is 23 miles and 1500' climb. Part of me wants to make use of the flats while other part says 'don't be a pussy, do bigger climb'...

Speaking of bigger climbs, Buttahflake, check your PMs

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    So Stage 5: 'A' race is 25 miles and 900' climb while 'B' race is 23 miles and 1500' climb. Part of me wants to make use of the flats while other part says 'don't be a pussy, do bigger climb'...

Speaking of bigger climbs, Buttahflake, check your PMs
    I did the B race tonight. Three flat laps around NYC and then up NYC KOM. Yesterday I did 4 horseman so I had little hope of doing well tonight, but surprised myself with an 11th place and my highest ave power for the 56 mins and highest 20 min power. Whowouldathunk? But the big revelation of the night was the following. I'm sure you've all experienced the inability to get out of someone's draft and pass them without kicking in more watts. There's some sort of buffer built into the draft that prevents you from simply going one more watt and passing. Occasionally it feels like you can be stuck there. It obviously works in the opposite direction as well. In other words, you can hang in a draft at lower watts that it would otherwise require you to go that speed. So the draft is dynamic. What's interesting is that it also changes with speed. At gradients of -2% or greater and speed of roughly 27mph or higher it becomes harder for any rider in your group to go off the front just as would be the case in real life with wind resistence. In Zwift the effect is that if you're nicely tucked into the group on a decline or above 30mph you can really let off the gas and not worry about being immediately gapped. In contrast, do this on a flat or hill at less than 25mph and you could find yourself kicked out the back of the group in a hurry. The net result is that you can use the fast downhills to conserve and then make damn sure you're on the gas in advance of the flats or a little rise. NYC is a great place to practice these skills as it's rolling. I used it to very good effect tonight which is probaby why I was able to be a bit fresher at the end.

So... if you don't explicitly pick a route to ride, you won't get the badge even if you make sure you ride the route and the lead-in? That makes sense why I didn't get any badges for the Volcano stuff I rode tonight, despite definitely completing the routes and lead-ins while "just riding". I guess I just didn't complete the routes, because I didn't select them when I dropped in to the game. Who's the boomer now?
    My understanding is that you can only earn one route badge per "ride" - so for example if you select the "Tour of Fire and Ice" route it starts on the volcano and takes you over to the base of the Alp and up that climb - along the way of this route you pass the start of the "Road to Sky" route and you cover the exact same ground to the top of the Alp - but you would only earn the "Fire and Ice" badge (I find the zwifthub website helpful for looking at these routes - if you click the little downarrow in the lower right of each route box it will drop down a map showing you the route - and, at the bottom of that drop down map is a direct link to zwiftinsider website's description of that route which can provide even more helpful info)

You also cannot finish a route, earn that badge, and then keep biking and navigate through the start and finish of another route to earn that badge - you have to annoyingly stop that session (which kicks you outta the zwift app) and then log back in and choose the next route you want (again this is only for earning badges for the first time you ride a route)

Some routes have big lead ins (check out the climbing routes in Innsubruck for example) - if you don't want to ride the lead ins you can apparently create a meetup (even with a fictional rider?) and select that route and it will put you at the actual start of the route and not the lead in. I haven't done this so YMMV. But apparently you still get the route badge using this method.

Selected the "Volcano Circuit" on Saturday morning but as usual got confused and started up the Volcano KOM. Did a U-turn and made it back to the VC, did a couple of laps but no badge. I think once I veered off course that disqualified me. Guess I'm the boomer.
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    The Wahoo Kicker Version5 (aka 2020) has a RJ11 port (telephone port, not a RJ45 data port).
    Wahoo has not announced any use/interface with this plug yet.
    I spoke 2 days too soon:
    Highlights for non clickers:
    Wahoo is proud to be the only indoor riding brand to offer our customers a way to create a hard-wired connection between their Kickr and home network.
    The Direct Connect plugs into the back of the new Kickr, and then you plug an ethernet cable into either your internet router or your computer.
    The new Wahoo accessory is only compatible with The Sufferfest, TrainerRoad, FullGaz, and the RGT Cycling platform.
    Compatibility with Zwift, is still in the works.

https://www.velonews.com/gear/tech-w..._hrX5dE8rlltA0

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    You also cannot finish a route, earn that badge, and then keep biking and navigate through the start and finish of another route to earn that badge - you have to annoyingly stop that session (which kicks you outta the zwift app) and then log back in and choose the next route you want (again this is only for earning badges for the first time you ride a route)
    So far, this is the one thing about Zwift that I think could be greatly improved from a user experience standpoint: don't make me log out to tick off routes. And really, for me this actually means "Don't log me out and quit the app when I finish and save a ride, there are other things I'd like to do before the app is closed." There's a couple other minor things that could be a little better here and there, but this is the one that I find to be actually frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    Guess I'm the boomer.
    You and me both, hombre. At least we both knew (I assume) to swipe the screen in the companion app to get more stats from our previous rides.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Hey, give me a break, I am still on Alta Vista.