Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2662
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I’ll second the idea of big fans.
    The heat is not normally the issue, it’s not having a breeze to evaporate the sweat off of your body.
    Before I used fans on my Zwift set up my heart rate was 5-7% higher, as it was working harder trying to cool me down.
    I didn’t believe this was solely due to the fans, and was probably accounting for me getting in better shape, so I did some workouts a few months later with the fans turned off, and my heart rate was significantly higher than previous similar efforts with the fans running.

My Zwift account is on hold until Dec.
    Check this space in December for weekly TGR Tuesdays and TGR Thursday Group Rides.
    You guys ride in the morning or night? If you see any Sapporo Skibums around Zwifting give us an add...

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    Might sound stupid, but I had a friend who would freeze a bunch of old plastic bottles with water in them, then throw them in front of the fan.

Well shit......sorta like this I guess: https://www.wikihow.com/Make-an-Easy...-Water-Bottles
    That sounds interesting. I might try that if we have space in our shoebox freezer.
    パウダーバカ!!

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    You guys ride in the morning or night? If you see any Sapporo Skibums around Zwifting give us an add...
    Last winter we rode Tuesdays at 6:00pm (MST) and Thursday 8:00pm (MST).
    That should be 9am and 11am for you (+15:00?)
    When we start up in the fall I’ll add you to the events in case you can make to the rides.

Last winter we rode Tuesdays at 6:00pm (MST) and Thursday 8:00pm (MST).
    That should be 9am and 11am for you (+15:00?)
    When we start up in the fall I’ll add you to the events in case you can make to the rides.
    That would be great. Thanks for that. I could make your Thursday ride as I have Fridays off...please do add!
    パウダーバカ!!

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Still enjoying the heck out of riding outside, but secretly starting to get excited for indoor season. The suspense of this years group ride course is starting to mount! Where will it be? How many time will I puke on climbs?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    Still enjoying the heck out of riding outside, but secretly starting to get excited for indoor season. The suspense of this years group ride course is starting to mount! Where will it be? How many time will I puke on climbs?
    I only puked once last year, and Mrs Hubbs told me if it ever happens again, the Zwift room get moved to the garage...
    So when that metallic/salty taste gets as close as my tonsils, I back it off a bit.

I only puked once last year, and Mrs Hubbs told me if it ever happens again, the Zwift room get moved to the garage...
    So when that metallic/salty taste gets as close as my tonsils, I back it off a bit.
    Nice tip.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

AQIs been in the 150-200 range this week in Spokane so I’ve been on the trainer again. Really happy to see my numbers increasing after riding outside since March. I’ll be glad to start the winter at a better fitness level this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    AQIs been in the 150-200 range this week in Spokane so I’ve been on the trainer again. Really happy to see my numbers increasing after riding outside since March. I’ll be glad to start the winter at a better fitness level this year.
    My biggest issue is keeping it going over the winter. Come January I fall off the edge of a cliff with my training. Need to stay on the ball and maintain it, especially if I truly want to do a 70.3 next year with the dream of doing a 140.6 someday.

Anyone else turn to a steaming pile once ski season starts??
    パウダーバカ!!

Starting to wonder if group rides are a bad idea again, good thing I have Zwifting with you savages to look forward to pretty soon.

My biggest issue is keeping it going over the winter. Come January I fall off the edge of a cliff with my training. Need to stay on the ball and maintain it, especially if I truly want to do a 70.3 next year with the dream of doing a 140.6 someday.

Anyone else turn to a steaming pile once ski season starts??

Just chase some of these monsters around in Zwift twice a week and you'll be set.. puking is encouraged..

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    Just chase some of these monsters around in Zwift twice a week and you'll be set.. puking is encouraged..
    I puked once after I got a big jump in FTP. A few days later I went and tried Sufferfest's Nine Hammers and had some bile come up. That's a brutal interval and has kicked my ass several times. Pushing myself up AdZ and Radio has had me on the verge...
    パウダーバカ!!

Should we do a group workout 1 day a week this year. In addition to the standard ride?

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Should we do a group workout 1 day a week this year. In addition to the standard ride?
    Roger that! Although a "workout" would imply that we're selecting a level that works for all of us?

You can scale the group workout so that everyone stays together even at different power outputs etc, unlike a group ride. It's like a giant spin class where some are killing themselves and others not as much. Could be interesting

Earlier this summer, work and rain over a few days kept me off the bike and when my wife suggested Zwift I had a bit of a rant about it being June and that's for January. My 8 y/o has been mocking me for that every day it rains since and isn't shy telling others.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    You can scale the group workout so that everyone stays together even at different power outputs etc, unlike a group ride. It's like a giant spin class where some are killing themselves and others not as much. Could be interesting

Earlier this summer, work and rain over a few days kept me off the bike and when my wife suggested Zwift I had a bit of a rant about it being June and that's for January. My 8 y/o has been mocking me for that every day it rains since and isn't shy telling others.
    8 year olds are the new 2 year olds........

Or new 16 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Roger that! Although a "workout" would imply that we're selecting a level that works for all of us?
    I've never done it, but if you all choose a specific workout while waiting then you'll all ride that workout together. It would be relative to each person and based off their FTP. So, theoretically, if everyone's FTP is entered correctly it should be appropriate for each individual.

https://zwiftinsider.com/zwift-meetup-group-workouts/

I've never done it, but if you all choose a specific workout while waiting then you'll all ride that workout together. It would be relative to each person and based off their FTP. So, theoretically, if everyone's FTP is entered correctly it should be appropriate for each individual.

https://zwiftinsider.com/zwift-meetup-group-workouts/
    In, although fall is for noodling.

I would be game. What is better than puking with others? And there is no hangover afterwards either.
    パウダーバカ!!

I would be game. What is better than puking with others? And there is no hangover afterwards either.
    Oh, there’s a hangover.

I think fall is better for canoodling. But I’ll take biking as well. I’ll be in for whatever winter workouts/group rides I can fit into my work schedule

I’m Zwifting now finally, my schedule is awful right now but hopefully that ends in a couple months and I can make some of these.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Noodling? As in tickling catfish?

As far as a group workout, I'm interested, assuming we can figure out a time that works.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Noodling? As in tickling catfish?

As far as a group workout, I'm interested, assuming we can figure out a time that works.
    Is there another kind?

Kidding. Noodling as in "I went for a bike ride and just noodled around at an easy pace without a plan just to enjoy being outside"

im still doing ~100mi a week on zwift
    did the ftp training program
    worked through half the mtb enduro training program before had fam in town and got off track
    ticked off most routes except the 50+ and crazy climbs
    i like the workouts more than freeriding, dont have to shift and forces me to work harder instead of just spin

if theres any interest in a later time slot group workout i would be in, i usually ride later evenings west coast time, sometimes into the am depending on how many beers involved

gonna tick off one of the longer routes tonight, idk if will ever do the 100 mile ones, i feel stupid enough sitting on the bike indoors for 2hrs at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    im still doing ~100mi a week on zwift
    did the ftp training program
    worked through half the mtb enduro training program before had fam in town and got off track
    ticked off most routes except the 50+ and crazy climbs
    i like the workouts more than freeriding, dont have to shift and forces me to work harder instead of just spin

if theres any interest in a later time slot group workout i would be in, i usually ride later evenings west coast time, sometimes into the am depending on how many beers involved

gonna tick off one of the longer routes tonight, idk if will ever do the 100 mile ones, i feel stupid enough sitting on the bike indoors for 2hrs at a time...
    I ride 90% of my rides on ERG as well. I did Trainer Road for a year and learned loads about recovery rides and created several that it had me doing, so whether I am doing a recovery spin or hard intervals I am typically in ERG. Two hours is about my limit as well.
    パウダーバカ!!