Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2656
    Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Pack dynamics have always been ... let's say .... odd. When you're with a group, sometimes you ride through people. Sometimes you jump left or right unexpectedly. This is an aspect of the game that Zwift has actively been working on and they just released V3.0 of their "dynamics" software. It's built into London only and sits on the server side which means there's nothing to do but go over there and check it out.

I think it's live on Watopia and Makuri now, I've only done solo rides since it's come out but it's a lot better about passing people at speed, and sticky draft seems to be gone. Still ride through people during slow passes and some occasional weirdness but a lot better from what I've seen.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Disagree. Zwift without the smart trainer totally defeats the purpose. Why bother? Just put on Netflix.
    Well I would I turn disagree with your disagreement 😆 It does not *totally* defeat all purposes. I’ve been zwifting for a year including attending the mag meet ups, doing training programs, races etc.

Is it as good as a smart trainer? No of course not - and I never indicated it was. But we have limited real estate space and already own a spin bike and my wife uses it for Peleton and I use it for Zwift. As I clearly stated it’s a good compromise (versus having a smart trainer for me and some sort of Peleton setup for my wife)

Since a few people have asked, DCRainMaker does have an article on putting Zwift on a Peloton. Not sure if it’s still possible (assume software updates could affect it) but an intriguing option nonetheless.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/06/...eks-guide.html

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Sounds like Peleton fits my wifes needs better. Oh well. I guess ill start looking for one on CG.
    Zwift is only one app that works with a smart trainer. TR and sufferfest (now called SYSTM) have work outs that would fit 30min. They are more about training rather than social riding.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Big group ride this morning, for some reason the Trons had white wheels and I think I was the only one seeing them this way. Also, didn’t realize I was clicked onto someone else for like twenty minutes, I’m like why am I getting pushed to the back when the companion app has me at 3.1w/kg!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1636992751.622835.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	614.6 KB 
ID:	392771
    crab in my shoe mouth

Got all dressed for a gravel ride Saturday and just as I was about to roll it starts raining pretty steadily and is 50*, so bailed for my first Makuri ride and only 2nd Zwift ride since April or May. So far like Makuri w steepish punchy climbs like I ride often so will imagine that'll be a good regular addition.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Big group ride this morning, for some reason the Trons had white wheels and I think I was the only one seeing them this way. Also, didn’t realize I was clicked onto someone else for like twenty minutes, I’m like why am I getting pushed to the back when the companion app has me at 3.1w/kg!

Name:	Image1636992751.622835.jpg 
Size:	614.6 KB 
ID:	392771
    Nice DIRT ride there.

FTP has been climbing and have surpassed 3.0w/kg now. I think on the right climb like Watopia mountain/radio tower or AdZ 3.3-3.5 is looking possible on a good day.

パウダーバカ!!

I did the BMTR Grand Fundo this morning, the long one, 66 miles in 2:38 and change. Wasn’t in it to race, but got in with a quick group and was good through the middle distance but started coming apart in the last 30 minutes. It’s hot in my basement, wood stove is down there but with two fans it’s doable. Drank 4 bottles of electrolytes and probably should have had one more, the salt was crusted on my forehead from sweating. What are some of the causes of HR drift? You can clearly see I’m not recovering enough near the end. I got dropped and rode the last 30+ minutes with one other dude, also.

Name:	Image1638121860.904765.jpg 
Size:	540.2 KB 
ID:	394360

Name:	Image1638121878.881474.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	445.3 KB 
ID:	394361
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    What are some of the causes of HR drift?
    Fatigue, heat, dehydration.

I've been doing the Gran Fondo workout plan, getting to the last week and hit all the workouts except the last long ride (this week). Fitness is definitely up. Time to try a few races I guess, I'm thinking about doing ZRL when it starts up again in January.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

It’s December in a few minutes. We doing this thing this week?

I'm slammed, working away from from home, day 42 of 46 straight days of work here in the East.
    I fly home Sunday, I'll activate my Zwift account again, and will get the invite out Monday for Tuesday Nov 7th ride.
    I have an updated spreadsheet of who has recently requested an invite, and will check Sunday when log back in to see if I have any new invites. All riders that were invited in 2021 will be invited again, no need to message me to ask.
    Follow DeeHubbs on Zwift CompanionApp, and send me a PM on TGR.
    See ya in virtual world.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I'm slammed, working away from from home, day 42 of 46 straight days of work here in the East.
    I fly home Sunday, I'll activate my Zwift account again, and will get the invite out Monday for Tuesday Nov 7th ride.
    I have an updated spreadsheet of who has recently requested an invite, and will check Sunday when log back in to see if I have any new invites. All riders that were invited in 2020 will be invited again, no need to message me to ask.
    Follow DeeHubbs on Zwift CompanionApp, and send me a PM on TGR.
    See ya in virtual world.....
    ^^
    Our fearless leader folks. Thanks Dee! Safe travels.

^^
    Our fearless leader folks. Thanks Dee! Safe travels.
    FAWK this east coast weather.... it cost me over a $1,000,000.
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 12-01-2021 at 07:51 AM.

FAWK this east coast weather.... it cost me over a $1,000,000.
    Shit, really? We'll need the story on the group ride.

IT'S BACK!
    Tuesday's 6:00pm Mountain Time
    Thursday 6:00pm Eastern Time

The Insbrukring was successful last season, so we will open the season with the same route. We can find a new route later in the season.
    Attachment 349174
    Each lap is:
    8.8km (5.4m) distance
    77m (255ft) climbing
    Average lap time is sub 15:00 minutes/lap at 2.0-2.5w/kg
    We will stay together as a bunch, and keep everyone in the draft. If you have a technical issue, we will wait.
    Depending on the group we will ride Lap 1 around 2.0 w/kg, Lap 2 around 2.25 w/kg, Lap 3 around 2.5 /kg.
    We will do 2.5 laps as a bunch, and when we hit the last climb at 4km (2.5m) from the finish, we can race to the finish line.
    26.4km (16.4m) totals, under 45 minutes.

Invite was just sent out. If you want to be added to the invite, follow me on Zwift and send me a TGR message so I know your TGR vs Zwift name.

Invited so far is:
    Dee Hubbs
    jamal
    buttahflake
    Whiteroom_Guardian
    Doughnuts01
    Iowagriz
    ticketchecker
    wendigo
    joetron
    kathleenturneroverdrive
    justcuz
    huckbucket
    Merlyn
    scharny
    Yanos
    E.W.G
    XtrPickels
    Vtskibum
    grmountainman
    elesquiador
    Bennymac
    carpathian
    Full Trucker
    Rideit
    ridinshockgun
    Sandbox
    Dan PDX
    Seldon
    FLOUNDER
    Forty
    schuss
    G.Gordon Liddy
    The Suit
    Particle
    Garth Bimble
    Fool
    Falcon
    Bean
    satori
    mescalito

Patarero I saw your TGR message, but did not see you follow me on Zwift. Send me another message if I missed your Zwift name.

Totally killing it DH! I’ll be there Thursday

Wasn’t it Tuesday’s eastern time last year? Thursday doesn’t work for me.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I don't think this week and possibly next will work (either night) but keep me on the list, I'm going to try to start making some Thursdays.
    Prove me wrong."

throughpolarizedeyes.com

How have we made it 5 posts into the new Zwift TGR year without a spreadsheet?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    How have we made it 5 posts into the new Zwift TGR year without a spreadsheet?
    The list of invites is copied from my 2022 TGR vs Zwift Names - attendance/average spreadsheet.

The list of invites is copied from my 2022 TGR vs Zwift Names - attendance/average spreadsheet.
    Oh thank goodness. I feel better.

Guess I better activate my Zwift account again.

Cool, I'll probably be there. Also up for some different routes.

In. Need my ass kicked more often this year.

Zwift area improvements sharing. My garage can frequently be closer to 40 in the winter. My Zwift area is in the front. A few cheap grommet curtains ($10-15) and some wire at the ceiling helps to make a smaller area to heat. I find that close to 55-60 allows me to use a fan without blowing excessively cold air into me while riding.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Oh thank goodness. I feel better.
    Yah, but where did we land on sock height? Can we see the distribution curve that excel spit out?