Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2662
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    So far, this is the one thing about Zwift that I think could be greatly improved from a user experience standpoint: don't make me log out to tick off routes. And really, for me this actually means "Don't log me out and quit the app when I finish and save a ride, there are other things I'd like to do before the app is closed." There's a couple other minor things that could be a little better here and there, but this is the one that I find to be actually frustrating.
    With 10 minutes left in your Volcano Circuit ride, create a meetup with one other person for Volcano Circuit CCW, or Innsbruck Ring (or whatever) and you'll get a pop up to join the meet up in 10 minutes, if you're not done your ride you can snooze the join button. Once you finish your Volcano Circuit you click "Join Meet Up" and you're pedaling towards a new badge without a major slow down. Multiple badges, one ride, no stopping.
    This also lets you ride Worlds that are not active for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    With 10 minutes left in your Volcano Circuit ride, create a meetup with one other person for Volcano Circuit CCW, or Innsbruck Ring (or whatever) and you'll get a pop up to join the meet up in 10 minutes, if you're not done your ride you can snooze the join button. Once you finish your Volcano Circuit you click "Join Meet Up" and you're pedaling towards a new badge without a major slow down. Multiple badges, one ride, no stopping.
    "Here, diagonally."

"Pretty sneaky, sis."

Thanks dude, that's a nice-to-know if not somewhat convoluted workaround. I suspect this could work if you created both meetups (e.g. Volcano Circuit and Volcano Circuit CCW) beforehand, with enough time between them to finish the first one before joining the second? I might give that a go later this week, or tonight. My Zwift trial ended yesterday, but I enjoyed the three rides I did (two TGR and a solo dicka round ride) well enough to give them money for at least a month to continue checking all the features out. See ya'll this evening.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

that's a good hack (and I hate using that term)

yes - having to get kicked out of the app after saving a ride is ridiculous - but if they haven't fixed it after this many people complaining I suspect it's something very difficult for them to change

I’ll be traveling for the next bit so I’ll miss the Innsbrucking fun this week - be back next Thursday.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

8 riders tonight. Good strong group with a fight at the front, and a good fight in the middle.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8211.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	359915
    Dee Hubbs
    Full Trucker
    M.P. VTSkibum
    K.R. Justcuz
    M.S. WhiteroonGuardian
    S.S. Merlyn
    F.T. EWG
    J.Y. Carpthian?
    (By memory, I’ll check the spreadsheet later)

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    That was fun. The front two are animals!!!
    Different league...

Different league...
    Who the hell was that guy?! 12 w/kg... I hope that was not easy... good game!

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    Who the hell was that guy?! 12 w/kg... I hope that was not easy... good game!
    The fast guys weren’t here tonight...

Yeah 12 w/kg is fucking looney. I hit 8 for like a millisecond and thought I was gonna puke.

I think he waited for me at the top of the climb just to toy with me to the finish!

• Sweet potatoes are a fine ingredient for a sweet pie, way better than pumpkin.
    • Killer ride tonight, rad to see different folks and the same folks.
    • Thanks for the regroup after the first climb!
    • It took everything I had (including standing up for the entire thing) but I was stoked to stay with Teh Blob on climb #2.
    • That last lap definitely seemed a fair bit faster than the last couple rides. Starva PR confirms it.
    • Zwift bumped my FTP up a couple watts, so that's neat.

Name:	2021-01-26_1801081_redacted.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	317.5 KB 
ID:	359935

Name:	2021-01-26_1817043_redacted.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	359936
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    I think he waited for me at the top of the climb just to toy with me to the finish!
    Ah yes wasn’t sure who you were Carpthian. Good ride, tried to recover a bit on that downhill and when you closed the gap figured we’d sprint it out.

Dee - who are the other fast guys?! Jamal and I went to the wire a few weeks ago. Haven’t been able to make Thursday’s generally, maybe I should?

Decided to knock out the short TdZ Richmond route and got sucked into sticking with that lead group only to get kicked in the nuts on that Libby Hill finish. Think I hung on for top 10.

Pretty sure I earned my pumpkin pie after all that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by VTskibum; 01-26-2021 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VTskibum View Post
    Dee - who are the other fast guys?! Jamal and I went to the wire a few weeks ago. Haven’t been able to make Thursday’s generally, maybe I should?
    YOU and Jamal and now Carpthain.
    I was just razing Carpthain "wait for the the fast guys"

This is so funny, this is actually the first time communicating with people I Zwifted with. Thanks, see ya next week!

Ha ok kinda figured, pretty sure Jamal has my number more often than not. All for fun and good motivation to hop on the trainer at 8pm EST.

WRG you rode that well tonight as well, looks like trainer was a worthwhile purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah 12 w/kg is fucking looney. I hit 8 for like a millisecond and thought I was gonna puke.
    So we need to recap of how the experience was with the smart trainer versus dumb trainer.

So, I pussed out due to...reasons, but now you guys are scaring me again.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    So we need to recap of how the experience was with the smart trainer versus dumb trainer.
    Smart trainer is like 500x better than my old piece of shit. Drafting actually does something which is cool. You can actually feel how easy it gets to pedal in the blob. Surprisingly the climb felt better too. Yes, the resistance gets harder, but it's realistic and I can pedal/shift to keep a good pace.

The old trainer would just make me go really slow in the game when I got to a hill and then had to pedal stupid fast/hard to keep any speed.

The static resistance of the old trainer made pretty much everything feel like you are going up a 10% grade all the time.

Smart trainer is like 500x better than my old piece of shit. Drafting actually does something which is cool. You can actually feel how easy it gets to pedal in the blob. Surprisingly the climb felt better too. Yes, the resistance gets harder, but it's realistic and I can pedal/shift to keep a good pace.

The old trainer would just make me go really slow in the game when I got to a hill and then had to pedal stupid fast/hard to keep any speed.

The static resistance of the old trainer made pretty much everything feel like you are going up a 10% grade all the time.
    Awesome ....

I’m not going to make it Thursday night.
    Will buttah or EWG or someone who’s been around for a bunch of rounds be in charge of being nice to any new guys (like Rideit)

I’m not going to make it Thursday night.
    Will buttah or EWG or someone who’s been around for a bunch of rounds be in charge of being nice to any new guys (like Rideit)
    Pretty sure I have to miss. Buttah? Can you give rideit shit for drinking coconut flavored LaCroix without me?
    Last edited by EWG; 01-28-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Giving rideit shit is not a problem for me!
    crab in my shoe mouth

So, I'm considering a trainer, all of a sudden. Maybe if I wait six weeks, it won't be a concern, if it gets warm here, but, for now, my legs are needy. I've used spin bikes in the gyms I've been in, and that was fine with my own music and edibles for a half hour. But, no gym for me for a while, so this thing will take care of rainy days in warm weather, too.
    I live in a condo, second floor, so my concern is noise and space. I'll set up in the living room, where I work my dumbbells, so it should be easily set up and taken down. So, obviously, no used spin bike, which are out there, cheap. They weigh a ton.

I went to DCRainmaker, and read this: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/11/...e-winter.html/ and I think I want the Wahoo KICKR Core or the Elite Suito. I want a rear wheel off trainer to eliminate wear and tear on my wheels, and they seem to be quiet, according to him. The Elite is intriguing because of the included cassette and it folds into a compact shape that is easily stored (space restrictions). The "smart", "connected" features I'll save for later, I may or may not get Zwift, which everybody seems to like, but, hell, I ride alone mostly, anyway, in real life. You can do that on Zwift, right?

This is a lot of money. Anybody have either and can report back on durability and pros and cons?