Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2662
    Selling my Tacx Flux S trainer after acquiring a Kickr Core. Flux was purchased new in Jan 2021 and used maybe 20 hours, so in excellent condition. I only have the 135mm QR adapters (the other ones are lost somewhere in my basement).

$800 CAD + shipping, which should be ~$50 to most metro areas in Canada.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Good group tonight.
    7 of us in a tight peloton, some strong power moved the group along a a good clip tonight.
    Is anyone else’s power graph all red.. 🥵
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2794.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	401835
    Name:  IMG_2787.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  98.7 KB
    Zhem
    Jamal
    Mescalito
    Falcon
    bennymac
    Dee Hubbs
    EWG

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Good group tonight.
    7 of us in a tight peloton, some strong power moved the group along a a good clip tonight.
    Is anyone else’s power graph all red.. 🥵

Name:	IMG_2794.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	401835
    Name:  IMG_2787.JPG
Views: 276
Size:  98.7 KB
    Zhem
    Jamal
    Mescalito
    Falcon
    bennymac
    Dee Hubbs
    EWG
    Lot of fun tonight and agree that we moved along at a good pace, fastest I have seen yet.

Thanks again for setting these up Dee, always enjoy them when I can make it.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

It’s been awhile since I’ve joined so I thought I was just rusty. Glad I wasn’t the only one feeling the increased effort! Fun ride guys.

Is there a way to adjust gear ratios or gearing on zwift? Maybe i just need to get stronger but I notice some of you spinning on the climb while I'm standing w/ 60 cadence...same'ish speed.

Quote Originally Posted by mescalito View Post
    Is there a way to adjust gear ratios or gearing on zwift? Maybe i just need to get stronger but I notice some of you spinning on the climb while I'm standing w/ 60 cadence...same'ish speed.
    There is a trainer difficulty setting. This determines how much of the hill gradient is put towards the resistance in your smart trainer. The default setting is at 50% so on the 10% hill, its like you're going up a 5% hill in real life.
    If you set the slider at 100% you will shift more often and use your small gears for the climbs, if you're slider is set for 0% you won't feel the hills (or the descents) at all, and be able to stay in the same gear for most of the terrain, only shifting to match your power/cadence.

Name:	74040561-33FA-4894-8FEC-DCFD0D925AC2_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	401871

Name:	EAA29CF1-44A0-4F1B-B24B-55180ECC7EF2_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	292.4 KB 
ID:	401872

^^ what DH said, key though is that regardless of your slider it doesn't directly impact your speed in-game, just the feel. So even if it's set to 0 you will not go faster up the hill as it still requires the same total 'output' to climb that section of road. Kinda weird to wrap your head around. I've toyed with it and generally keep it at default/50%. I have used the 0% setting while just spinning watching TV/movie and tuning out what I'm riding. It also impacts downhill coasting as well, so if it's set to 0 you basically can't coast downhill either I believe. Quite a few articles/youtube explaining better than mine.

Got it. Thanks for the info!

I like how it feels and works at around 50% more than I do at 100. The slight grade changes are too drastic when it's all the way up. And then for things like our race up ventoux last month I turned it down a bit more so I could maintain a bit higher cadence. And then I took my nice road bike off the trainer recently and put my old cx bike on there instead, which has a 1x drivetrain. I put a 50t on there and the cassette is 11-28 (and it doesn't like being in 28 at all) so I turned it down to more like 35-40%.

At 50% I rarely use the front derailleur, only for a long climb like Ventoux and d’Heuz

I'm at 50% and shift a lot (at meet-up ride and everywhere else) - nearly entire range. Leaves the trainer as a variable in this experience or at least my experience.

I have virtual gearing on the smartbike and generally move between 15 (hard sprints) and 25 (climbs) on the rear with a 50t front. Not sure how spot-on the virtual gearing is though.

A few questions on Zwift.

I'm on a gravel bike mounted to a fluid trainer using a garmin speed sensor and cadence sensor.

*My tires are 700c x 38 but the largest the have is x32... is that going to mess with the speed much?
    *Sometimes when I go into the app, it shows I'm paired Bluetooth with my sensors, but then I start a ride and nada... Anyone got some tips?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    A few questions on Zwift.

I'm on a gravel bike mounted to a fluid trainer using a garmin speed sensor and cadence sensor.

*My tires are 700c x 38 but the largest the have is x32... is that going to mess with the speed much?
    *Sometimes when I go into the app, it shows I'm paired Bluetooth with my sensors, but then I start a ride and nada... Anyone got some tips?
    Shouldn't make a difference when using the speed and cadence sensors, I can't think of how a larger tire would affect that at all. The Garmin speed sensor attaches to the hub, right? So it's just gonna "count" the timing of the revolutions of the hub. And cadence goes on the crank, again no reason to think tire size wold matter.

All that said, I also use a gravel bike for Zwift but on a Wahoo Kickr Snap. I felt like I could never get enough air in the big gravel tires, so I ended up upgrading my wheels for outside and putting a trainer tire on the cheap wheels for Zwift. The high pressure trainer tire seems to be much more accurate and consistent than the squishy gravel tire with regards to measuring power output and such.

YMMV.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Shouldn't make a difference when using the speed and cadence sensors, I can't think of how a larger tire would affect that at all. The Garmin speed sensor attaches to the hub, right? So it's just gonna "count" the timing of the revolutions of the hub. And cadence goes on the crank, again no reason to think tire size wold matter.

All that said, I also use a gravel bike for Zwift but on a Wahoo Kickr Snap. I felt like I could never get enough air in the big gravel tires, so I ended up upgrading my wheels for outside and putting a trainer tire on the cheap wheels for Zwift. The high pressure trainer tire seems to be much more accurate and consistent than the squishy gravel tire with regards to measuring power output and such.

YMMV.
    Thanks. I had an extra 38c tire from when I mounted my mtb to the trainer last year. when this one is toast I'll order a trainer tire.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Do we have any takers for todays ride? If not, climbing it is

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    Do we have any takers for todays ride? If not, climbing it is
    I'll be there to ride.

I’m doing a crit race today so I’m out

I could also be talked out of riding......

Consider yourself talked out…

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    Consider yourself talked out…
    Agreed. I was going to, but a solid week of work meetings has destroyed my will.

Falcon and I showed up, and we tried to go to a different world for a ride, and I lost him in the virtual world.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Yeah sorry about losing you DH, I stuck around the Meetup for a couple minutes after you left thinking I’d see a new invite or see your activity pop up on your profile, but never did. I was a little short on time anyway so I just jumped on the TdZ ride to get some extra XP.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Tuesdays are my day for these. We have a thrus night skimo series going. It's been fun, although I'm new and kind of suck.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Tuesdays are my day for these. We have a thrus night skimo series going. It's been fun, although I'm new and kind of suck.
    You kinda suck? Now you know how we feel on Zwift when you pull away from us at 6.5 w/kg and 72bpm, when we are trying to keep 4.0w at 180bpm.