Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2661
    Oh man, it's supposed to finally start snowing here in God's Country, I'll try to get the pain cave setup. I wonder if my trainer setup will fit in my new office when I get that built?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    ...self limiting the first lap climb to 3w/kg, then 2nd lap to 4w/kg...
    I'm happy if I can maintain 2w/kg anywhere on these rides!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    You guys are really making it attractive to add my name to the vasectomy thread….
    WAIT THERE'S A WHAT NOW?
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Awesome ride tonight gentlemen. I’ve been doing a lot of boring low and slow base training for the last month so it felt great to push the legs higher tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Good group tonight for the Thursday 6:00 EASTERN ride.
    Attachment 396022

The 6 of us tonight were:
    DH - Dee Hubbs
    TA - Lowagriz
    SS - Merlyn
    Satori (8am local time for him!)
    Wendigo
    Falcon

We had different fitness levels, but stayed as a group, regrouped after the “leg snapper” climb, and some even dropped out early.

I want to stress it’s not a race or a ego power play, the goal is to get a workout and shoot the shit about skiing, weather, Benny and TGR all things.
    See ya Tuesday.
    I'll be on one of the next ones - had some gastro issues that made zwifting a bad idea yesterday. Thanks for continuing to organize these Dee.

Ah, damn, I need to get on it. Still haven't gotten my bike on the trainer, and I have some new shoes I need to get set up too. Also, I've been off for awhile so I look forward to being the lamp post for a few months. Some days you're the dog, other days you're the lamp post
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 12-10-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Good group tonight for the Thursday 6:00 EASTERN ride.
    Attachment 396022

The 6 of us tonight were:
    DH - Dee Hubbs
    TA - Lowagriz
    SS - Merlyn
    Satori (8am local time for him!)
    Wendigo
    Falcon

We had different fitness levels, but stayed as a group, regrouped after the “leg snapper” climb, and some even dropped out early.

I want to stress it’s not a race or a ego power play, the goal is to get a workout and shoot the shit about skiing, weather, Benny and TGR all things.
    See ya Tuesday.
    Had a blast riding with you guys yesterday. Cheers Dee for setting it up! Really appreciate that! That was the most fun banter I have had on a Zwift ride to date, so sure wish I could join more of them!

On that third lap my HR got up over 180 going with Wendigo and Falcon so I just backed off. That was more than I wanted - solid riding and super fun, so looking forward to joining another event!
    パウダーバカ!!

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

One of the issues we have in our household is that my lovely wife is all 11spd and I am still in the dark ages with 9spd on my road bike. Our kickr is set up 9spd because I want to do group rides, so she only rides erg workouts - which is what she wants anyway. But I’ve been wanting to fix this.

I’ve been meaning to switch my bike out to 11, but with the price and availability of 11 speed stuff, and 12 speed almost here, I decide that was a waste of $500, and instead grabbed a Kickr Core that needs some parts for the same $$ which I will set up dedicated to her. Kinda stoked.

It also means we can zwift together. Domestic bliss. What could go wrong?

As a guy that used to be on his road bike 3-4 times per week, it is amazing how, over the years, I’ve moved over to almost exclusively dirt and singlespeed commuting. Enough that I still have 9 speed DA on my road bike.

Times change I guess. So does perception of safety on the local county roads…

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Times change I guess. So does perception of safety on the local county roads…
    No kidding, I used to be happy to go fight traffic downtown and now time of day and expected traffic volumes on road rides are a key part of my decision making.

WTRL race schedules are being announced about now, last season there was an 8pm MST time slot, I'm planning to do that and don't have a team, will be racing the "America W" timeslot as a B.
    Last edited by bean; 12-11-2021 at 09:55 AM.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

I've taken a real love of gravel riding if only because I don't have to worry about getting run over. Plus exploring keeps it fresh.

9 speed Shimano is just so sweet though. Although I dont think anything will shift as buttery smooth yet positive as a full 6600 group

Who was asking for more Zwift shoes the other night during our group ride?
    Cause daddy’s got some new kicks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2508.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	396302

I can’t even get my act together enough to get new road shoes in real life, let alone get my 10th pair on zwift. You are a high achieving individual Dee.

Yeah those are doing alright for me right now.

Did stage 4 tonight. Tried to take it easy then got sucked into it up the last climbs. Decent numbers but I was planning on a workout tomorrow for some reason.

I rode stage 4 tonight. I found those climbs very benchy. Just when I put my head down to push through a steep 8% section, I'd feel the trainer reduce the difficulty, and I'd look up and we were at 1%, and then back to 4-6%.

Holy…fuck… you lost the white getup. You feeling ok?

Well, because I'm kind of an idiot, I think I ended up with 2 more Kickr Cores when I only needed one. If anyone wants a Core let me know, I might have an extra. Nothing wrong with it besides some cosmetic scrapping on the flywheel sticker. Currently it doesn't have a freehub body or adapters. I've ordered new ones and should have them in a few days. $550 without the parts, $640 with the parts. Pick up on the front range. That should be good mag deal price - I've not seen any other ones under $700 really, so maybe it'll help someone out.

One note is that the freehub body I ordered was shimano. If you want a different one this is a good opportunity to get it at the lower price then order Campy you fancy person you.

Ugh, did my first attempt at road-to-sky. Had to stop at an hour as it was dinner time, but man that thing is brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    Ugh, did my first attempt at road-to-sky. Had to stop at an hour as it was dinner time, but man that thing is brutal.
    It took me over 2hrs the first time, I have it down to 1:20 now. I have a goal of under an hour before the spring outdoor season.

I'd be happy to shave off like 3min.

Went up there twice this week hoping to get those wheels before we race ventoux in our local series next wed. Still no.

The new Roval Alpinist CLX: 135,300 Drops, Level 32 are just as fast the Meilenstein's on the uphill (tied for 1st and second fastest)
    BUT only 5 seconds back over 50 minute Alpe climb is the 4th place ENVE 3.4 Level 4 (!) 191,700 drops.

I'm only at 28. Have the enves and supersix so they'll do. Looks like the cadex 36 is marginally faster on the new charts but meh. I'll just keep climbing adz probably. Been my goto for 2x20s and 5x5s.

It took me over 2hrs the first time, I have it down to 1:20 now. I have a goal of under an hour before the spring outdoor season.
    Yeah, my total time was looking to be about 2 for this one, just ran out of time. I blame the "updating map.ztx" that took 25 minutes.

I reactivated my account today but
    I had nothing but connection issues. Started and stopped about 3 workouts. No one was visible in any of my riding. Need to figure that out

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Dee, is there going to be another ride this Friday am my time, Thursday night your time?
    パウダーバカ!!

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    Dee, is there going to be another ride this Friday am my time, Thursday night your time?
    Yep. I’ll send out the invite soon. Just finished the Tues 6:00 MNT ride.

Great paced ride tonight. A good tight group all the way to the last climb.
    7 of us:
    K.R. = justcuz
    P.L. = jamal
    S.C. = mescalito
    S.S. = Merlyn
    B.M. = bennymac
    F.T. = EWG
    D.H. = Dee Hubbs

Name:	EC25B96D-DE38-4651-A9A8-C83CF9627CA8.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	303.2 KB