Page 49 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2663

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

During the TGR Tues and Thurs Zwift rides we often ask about you? Your name came up again on Tuesday. Usually during roll call, so nothing bad.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7761.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	431.5 KB 
ID:	360169

Both are great machines, you can’t go wrong with either. Inventory is difficult right now, so I’d say buy what ever one you can get ahold of, abs see you in Watapoia!
    Last edited by Dee Hubbs; 01-28-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Giving rideit shit is not a problem for me!
    You are such a warm, cuddly teddy bear.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Giving rideit shit is not a problem for me!
    I’d join but I’m still kind of an FNG myself, and I don’t want to do anything that might cause him to change his mind about bringing me and my Financée the fat bikes we bought from his buddy’s shop.

doh - missed tuesday, went surfing... and will miss today to step outside for some skate skiing.
    picked up appletv and was a few minutes into a race yesterday when the whole signal dropped out. same thing happened about 3 more times just riding around. super annoying.
    guessing it was my companion app switching back and forth from cell signal to wifi, i'm going to try airplane mode, anything else to try out?

I can just feel the love.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I can just feel the love.
    Of the 24 riders who have requested to to join the Zwift group, 22 have shown up and ridden at least once.
    Only 2 riders have not joined a single race.
    Just saying.....

It’s mostly because I am an (almost) boomer...I don’t understand how to do any of the stuff you guys are talking about, like power-ups, feathers, messaging, u-turns, hitting the space bar to do something or another, all of that shit. I guess I just need to jump in and figure it out. And I still have some pain issues.
    The last ‘video game’ I have played was Tempest.

Enough excuses, though, I still suck

keep the feathers in the bedroom... just pedal. then pedal faster. the rest of the stuff is just extra curricular, not mandatory.

PS - will try for the 4pm ride today..pesky work doesn't like that timeslot so shall see.

It’s mostly because I am an (almost) boomer...I don’t understand how to do any of the stuff you guys are talking about, like power-ups, feathers, messaging, u-turns, hitting the space bar to do something or another, all of that shit. I guess I just need to jump in and figure it out. And I still have some pain issues.
    The last ‘video game’ I have played was Tempest.

Enough excuses, though, I still suck
    Dude, I’m older than you. Take some laps with us. We will walk you through it for a couple of laps.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Small but fun

Name:	Image1611878165.563954.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	759.3 KB 
ID:	360233

Name:	Image1611878181.010410.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	360234
    crab in my shoe mouth

Small but fun

Name:	Image1611878165.563954.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	759.3 KB 
ID:	360233

Name:	Image1611878181.010410.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	360234
    buttahflake
    Iowagriz
    Full Trucker

Super fun, thanks for the pace buttahflake that was good. I wouldn't have pushed as hard on that last lap if it weren't for being on your wheel.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Griz for 2/3

Good pacing Buttah. Had to help the (grown) kids with a financial facetime call.

Trucker you said easy on the hill. I was at 80-90%. Not much left for me...I find it odd that I'm in the big ring, standing and pushing hard, barely able to get the watts up to 300-350. Smart trainer, so you'd think that the resistance would be there. I'm in my hardest gear, yet not grinding. Calibration problem?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WTH, I thought the ride was 6pm mountain time! Im all spandexed up!
    Tuesday is 6:00 mountain, Thursday is 6:00 beast coast
    crab in my shoe mouth

anyone wanna do something casual tomorrow or on the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Griz for 2/3

Good pacing Buttah. Had to help the (grown) kids with a financial facetime call.

Trucker you said easy on the hill. I was at 80-90%. Not much left for me...I find it odd that I'm in the big ring, standing and pushing hard, barely able to get the watts up to 300-350. Smart trainer, so you'd think that the resistance would be there. I'm in my hardest gear, yet not grinding. Calibration problem?

We were working well together, all three of us taking equal pulls and cruising right along.
    crab in my shoe mouth

anyone wanna do something casual tomorrow or on the weekend?
    I was gonna go skiing. You in?

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Griz for 2/3

Well, that wasn't easy on lap 2, but it wasn't quite all out. I was probably 60% to start and then creeping into high 70% up towards 80% at the end on that one. On lap 3 I went all in on effort, stood up on the pedals, hit the feather, exploded my legs, and threw up on my front hub. #goodtimes

What trainer do you have? Is it wheel on or off, etc.? I probably have no idea about what might be off, but I have found my Wahoo KICKR Snap is kinda sensitive to tire and roller pressure. When the tire loses some psi, it's tougher to hit higher wattages.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I was gonna go skiing. You in?
    That’s a great call. No new snow here...

That’s a great call. No new snow here...
    LIES

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    What trainer do you have? Is it wheel on or off, etc.?.
    Wheel off, elite Dureto. I calibrate it fairly often and it never seems to change. Road bike has the compact gearing, that is one theory....36/52 and 11/28 witless the 52 make that much of a difference vs. a 53?

Maybe this is why I was never a good road racer. Can't push the power in a big gear. Get me on a mtb and a grunt climb and I'll keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    LIES
    Heh. By far the best snow I’ve had all year has been rideit’s snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Of the 24 riders who have requested to to join the Zwift group, 22 have shown up and ridden at least once.
    Just saying.....
    I'm one of those 2! I fried my smartbike (stages sb20) so am out for 10(ish) more days while waiting for a warranty replacement. I'm usually getting kids dinner/bed during the TGR ride, but I'll make it one of these days for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Just saying.....
    I followed you a couple days ago, my initials are CK. Would like an invite but the times are tough for me but would love to make one if I do get the chance. I'm on pacific time and usually ride after the kid goes to bed at 6:30-7 or at 4:30 in the morning (yeah, I know.... gotta take it when I can... something about that cup of coffee sitting on the trainer before the world wakes up that helps me pass winter by and avoid the early onset dad bod).

Quote Originally Posted by ridinshockgun View Post
    I followed you a couple days ago, my initials are CK. Would like an invite but the times are tough for me but would love to make one if I do get the chance. I'm on pacific time and usually ride after the kid goes to bed at 6:30-7 or at 4:30 in the morning (yeah, I know.... gotta take it when I can... something about that cup of coffee sitting on the trainer before the world wakes up that helps me pass winter by and avoid the early onset dad bod).
    Sweet. I’ll put you on the list. If you can make it work that’s great, or if we get an alternative ride time set up, you’ll get invited.

Yes, I am one of those who hasn’t participated yet. Times are terrible for a shift worker and daycare/ childcare but the moment I can join I will

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums