Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2663
    70 degrees today, skied this morning and rode 60 miles this afternoon. So nice to ride in shorts and a jersey!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    Lol. Does that mean I don’t have to see your white socks??
    Ya mid - late April. Once its riding season in CO it’s probably good for all of us.
    I just got some new IRL White socks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8619.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	973.5 KB 
ID:	369090

Cut right along the line between the white and black sections and you’ll be good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Better than showing up to the race line looking like Thomas De Gendt did:

Name:	Ewg6ls-XEAMKdBt.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	369096

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Cut right along the line between the white and black sections and you’ll be good.
    You shut your pie hole

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Better than showing up to the race line looking like Thomas De Gendt did:

Name:	Ewg6ls-XEAMKdBt.jpeg 
Views:	58 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	369096
    Acceptable when your legs look like this.

Face pics or this post was useless. His legs LL of like the ladies.

Edit

“Supposed ladies”

Quote Originally Posted by grrrmountainman View Post
    Face pics or this post was useless. His legs LL of like the ladies.
    Edit
    “Supposed ladies”
    How about this one?

Name:	gettyimages-545324048-2048x2048-2.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	369144
    There is actually a reason why the previous photo was taken, it is not cropped by huckbucket, it was taken/published for just his legs. Its from the 2016 Tour de France, Stage 6, it was a flat stage, 190 km (118 miles) Mark Cavendish won the bunch sprint. Thomas De Gent held onto the Polka Dot Jersey for the second day in a row.
    The day before De Ghent was on the the podium with VanAvermaet (stage winner and yellow jersey holder) Sagan (green jersey) and Alaphilipe (white jersey). There was media comment made on how De Gent's physique (his legs in particular) could cast shadows over the other 3 riders beside him on the podium.
    The next day Getty Images published that photo of just De Gents legs.

How long is it supposed to take Zwift to find a smart trainer? Mine seems to take 5+ mins each time to find my Saris/CycleOps M2, including when I've "woken" up the trainer by spinning a little bit. Is that why people were mentioning the ANT+ dongles/etc. above? Would love to solve this...

Have tried 1) unplugging and replugging trainer 2) turning off Bluetooth on MBP 3) turning off all other Bluetooth devices nearby.

Polar HRM isn't the quickest either...Using a Macbook Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    How long is it supposed to take Zwift to find a smart trainer? Mine seems to take 5+ mins each time to find my Saris/CycleOps M2, including when I've "woken" up the trainer by spinning a little bit. Is that why people were mentioning the ANT+ dongles/etc. above? Would love to solve this...
    It's seconds for me -- Tacx Neo 2T.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    It's seconds for me -- Tacx Neo 2T.
    Same. I'm on an Elite Direto.

I used to run off 2014 iMac's bluetooth but it was being overload by other devices (the bluetooth was) so I switched to Ant+ USB with an antenna.

In either case I'd say the longest it ever took zwift program to connect (via bluetooth or ant+) was 10 seconds
    Last edited by bennymac; 03-26-2021 at 05:38 PM.

Have tried 1) unplugging and replugging trainer 2) turning off Bluetooth on MBP 3) turning off all other Bluetooth devices nearby.

Mine never takes more than a minute, generally just seconds. Also using a MacBook Pro... an old one that does not support BLE so both my trainer and cadence sensor are running on ANT+. Getting an extension USB cable for the ANT+ dongle has helped with connectivity in general, but it always seemed to connect even before I had the extender.

There's also an option to use the BLE connection on a phone or other device running the companion app... I've tried this out and it seems to work fine but I generally just use the ANT+ dongle to connect.

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 5.20.45 PM.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	656.0 KB 
ID:	369226
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Inconsistent...and frustrating. I have a Kickr Snap, some days I use the direct BT connection and it connects right away, other days not so I use the Companion App to connect and it works pretty good but then that gets wonky so I switch back. Some days neither works, or my cadence sensor/HRM won't connect. Zwift updates can be a real PITA but did one yesterday and didn't have any issues.

Got an ANT+ dongle with extension cable today though so hopefully will see more consistency.
    The Sheriff is near!

Yeah, BT via the Zwift Companion app was a shitshow for me. I resisted shelling out for the ANT+ antenna, but once I did it solved all my problems.

Ok, awesome. Thanks, all: I'll continue troubleshooting and see if I should purchase an ANT+ dongle.

How much longer do you want to me to schedule these? I’ve stoped inviting grmountainman, are people riding outside now?
    This was the 30th Meetup of the TGR season.
    FWIW, I know I haven't joined one (yet) but hope to join one in the coming weeks: just trying to find a time slot that doesn't conflict with work and my running plan.

I didn’t realize the Zwift Technology troubles people had running off of different platforms.
    I run Zwift off the AppleTV. I literally turn on the AppleTV, all my sensors are already linked up right away when I go to the connect screen, I just need to link my heart rate strap. I usually just pick up my HR strap and put my 2 thumbs on the sensor and it links right away.
    I’ve never had a signal drop, or issues linking any of my BT connections on AppleTV.
    The negative issue with AppleTV is that it only accepts 3 BT signals at once, so mine is set for: 1) AppleTV remote, 2) Smart trainer’s a)power b)cadence c)trainer control 3) heart rate monitor. I’m lucky my trainer is a one BR signal for the 3 metrics.
    I have not noticed any other BT interference. Other active BT signals in the Zwift room are: a secondary BT crank based power meter connecting to my bikes head unit, BT signal from my Di2 going to my headunit, my garmin watch is pushing a BT signal to my iPhone, there is a BT speaker connecting to the TV, a BT switch/plug adapter to turn on a fan, and my wife’s trainer is actively pushing a BT signal.
    The AppleTV also auto updates the app, it’s super easy. I could literally sit on my bike 1 minute before a race and turn the AppleTV on and log in, connect, and be ready for the race start of the race within the 1 minute countdown.
    I always assumed it was that easy for all the hardware platforms.

Apple TV for me as well. And same easy connection. My trainer (Direto) bundles power and cadence into one signal. HR is 1 and remote is 1. I use the companion app for turns, rideons and messaging. This takes care of the only Apple TV downside, the remote.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Shit, I better add grmountainman to the ride invites before I forget.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Tried to do the group thing on the four horseman this morning and came up short. Fell apart mentally at the bottom of the Alpe, started bleeding watts and pulled the plug. That route is a bitch. I was having a good one, until I wasn’t!

Name:	Image1616956084.653269.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	500.0 KB 
ID:	369428

Name:	Image1616956134.182163.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	593.9 KB 
ID:	369429
    Last edited by buttahflake; 03-28-2021 at 01:33 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I was signed up to give it a try but went hunting instead. That’s a huge route. There is another group event on it next month if you’re looking for a rematch and the weather is too shitty for outdoor riding that day.

ZwiftHub will shut down at the end of April.
    Here is the note/explination from the web developer of the site:

"First of all: Thank you to all the amazing individuals in the indoor cycling community who supported ZwiftHub. Thanks for sharing the cost of hosting the web app with me and for your supportive messages that kept me motivated to keep working on the project.
    Exactly one year ago I published ZwiftHub and wrote this post on Reddit. What a journey it has been. ZwiftHub started as my first coding project in my endeavor to pursue a career change, combining my need for some practical software development experience and my passion for cycling.
    When I started this hobby project, I didn't dare to dream that one year later it has over 2,000,000 page visits, 60,000 registered users, and 280,000 unique visitors from 166 countries. My personal highlight was the recognition by two cycling media outlets I've been a fan of for a long time: GPLama and CyclingTips .
    So why do I shut down ZwiftHub? Whilst I celebrated the success of the web app, the increasing user number meant that what started as a fun project ended up in a lot of unpaid work and higher costs to cover due to more traffic. Answering support emails, catching up with Zwift's latest changes, fixing bugs, maintaining the backend, etc. This took up a lot of my free time - time I don't have anymore because...
    I have a new job! As I mentioned in the beginning ZwiftHub was my starting point to a career change to software development. It worked out. And, dream come true, I am able to stay within the indoor cycling realm. I'm working now for the company whose Kickr kicked off my indoor cycling career. I will keep working on enhancing your indoor cycling experience as a software developer at Wahoo Fitness - The Sufferfest.
    Although Wahoo would allow me to keep my hobby project, this doesn't align with my values; it's not the right thing to do. As a longtime Wahooligan, I'm grateful for this amazing professional opportunity and want to focus on this challenge without distraction.
    Thanks again to everyone who was part of this journey. No matter if Zwift or The Sufferfest, indoors or outdoors, fast or slow, uphill or downhill: I love cycling, you love cycling, spread the love, stay safe and healthy and I will see you out there!
    Toby"

Bummer about ZwiftHub, had a great UI and was promising, but much like everything Zwift was a great concept more than a fully flushed out product. It became more laborious to log everything in ZwiftHub and I reverted back to my old Google drive spreadsheet tracking of route badges completed. Even the fact that we have to do it via multiple outside Zwift sources further proves the point, this should have been a small checkbox next to each Route w/in Zwift itself, but that's just one of a million small UI bugs or needed enhancements.

I tasted blood in my lungs for the first time in a long time last night. I rode a stage of the Tour of Watopia and, of course, treated it like a race. In pushing harder and longer then I have in a long time, I hacked and hacked for a few hours afterwards. Probably not good for an aging (former) athlete, but it made me smile.

I'll be there tonight, hanging on as long as I can.

ZwiftHub will shut down at the end of April.
    Here is the note/explination from the web developer of the site:

"First of all: Thank you to all the amazing individuals in the indoor cycling community who supported ZwiftHub. Thanks for sharing the cost of hosting the web app with me and for your supportive messages that kept me motivated to keep working on the project.
    Exactly one year ago I published ZwiftHub and wrote this post on Reddit. What a journey it has been. ZwiftHub started as my first coding project in my endeavor to pursue a career change, combining my need for some practical software development experience and my passion for cycling.
    When I started this hobby project, I didn't dare to dream that one year later it has over 2,000,000 page visits, 60,000 registered users, and 280,000 unique visitors from 166 countries. My personal highlight was the recognition by two cycling media outlets I've been a fan of for a long time: GPLama and CyclingTips .
    So why do I shut down ZwiftHub? Whilst I celebrated the success of the web app, the increasing user number meant that what started as a fun project ended up in a lot of unpaid work and higher costs to cover due to more traffic. Answering support emails, catching up with Zwift's latest changes, fixing bugs, maintaining the backend, etc. This took up a lot of my free time - time I don't have anymore because...
    I have a new job! As I mentioned in the beginning ZwiftHub was my starting point to a career change to software development. It worked out. And, dream come true, I am able to stay within the indoor cycling realm. I'm working now for the company whose Kickr kicked off my indoor cycling career. I will keep working on enhancing your indoor cycling experience as a software developer at Wahoo Fitness - The Sufferfest.
    Although Wahoo would allow me to keep my hobby project, this doesn't align with my values; it's not the right thing to do. As a longtime Wahooligan, I'm grateful for this amazing professional opportunity and want to focus on this challenge without distraction.
    Thanks again to everyone who was part of this journey. No matter if Zwift or The Sufferfest, indoors or outdoors, fast or slow, uphill or downhill: I love cycling, you love cycling, spread the love, stay safe and healthy and I will see you out there!
    Toby"
    This is actually a really cool story... dude wants to be a software engineer so creates something to learn the trade, then gets a job closely tied to a passion because of it. Right on.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.