Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2662
    Yep, thanks Dee! Looking forward to it for December.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I’ll begin the TGR Group Ride for the first Tuesday in December.
    A week after thanksgiving, some time to get in some solo rides, get all the technology bugs ironed out.
    Follow DEE HUBBS on Zwift, send me a PM that you want an invite, and I’ll add you to the group.
    Some guys use their real names on Zwift/Strava so I try to use initials, not post Zwift screen shots with your real name, and not dox you on TGR.
    See ya Dec 7.
    PM Sent.

If anybody else wants to ride before then I ride at 5:30am Tokyo time, so 4:30pm EST then gimme a shout. Time differences make it difficult but it might work for some. Cheers.
    パウダーバカ!!

Thanks Dee! (looks like i'll miss the first ride)
    satori - your early morn is my lunch time. i should be able to meet up from time to time.
    my zwift name is the same as my handle here

Thanks Dee! Looking forward to another great season of strategically losing connection just before we climb the big hill.

Quote Originally Posted by wendigo View Post
    Thanks Dee! (looks like i'll miss the first ride)
    satori - your early morn is my lunch time. i should be able to meet up from time to time.
    my zwift name is the same as my handle here
    Added you!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    パウダーバカ!!

I will definitely be back. This time with fewer bike changes.

PSA: Wahoo Kickr Core is $630 on www.clevertraining.com after the 30% off code.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    PSA: Wahoo Kickr Core is $630 on www.clevertraining.com after the 30% off code.
    That is a great deal for a direct drive. If you are considering getting a trainer, I would, at least if possible as I know they are expensive, recommend DD only. I saved up for mine for a while but am glad I waited.
    パウダーバカ!!

Quote Originally Posted by satori View Post
    That is a great deal for a direct drive. If you are considering getting a trainer, I would, at least if possible as I know they are expensive, recommend DD only. I saved up for mine for a while but am glad I waited.
    Yes, Direct Drive is game changing if you're using a wheel-on or non-smart trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    Yes, Direct Drive is game changing if you're using a wheel-on or non-smart trainer.
    I actually hadn’t ridden anything but Kreitler rollers back in the late 80’s and 90’s. I did think about saving lots of money and going wheel on, but throughout my deep dive into trainers aka DCRainmaker I realized I’d probably just end up buying a new trainer at some point when I understood the limitations of them and bit the bullet. 15K on my trainer and have never had an issue with Zwift, TrainerRoad or Sufferfest. Love my Neo.

パウダーバカ!!

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

Deleted post - found my answer
    Last edited by kathleenturneroverdrive; 09-18-2021 at 01:50 PM.

I had added a few new names, so I was looking at the spreadsheet from last season, here are our stats:

Last year we had 38 events from Dec 1st to April 15th. Every Tuesday and Thursday
    We had 37 riders on the invite list.
    We had 29 different riders join at least one event.
    We had an average age of 44.7 years old. (average of the 29 riders)
    There were 14 "core" riders, meaning 14 guys that showed up to more 25% of the rides.
    The average age of the "core" riders was 46.9 years old.
    The largest turnout to one event was 16 riders.
    The average turnout was 7 riders.

Notice I never said the word "race" once. We start slow, we will wait for guys (and girls) having technical issues. We keep together as a pack for 40 minutes, then the last few miles (5 minutes) we try to blow the group apart and see who still have legs into the finish line.
    Big shout out to the core crew:
    Dee Hubbs
    jamal
    buttahflake
    wendigo
    justcuz
    huckbucket
    Merlyn
    E.W.G.
    Vtskibum
    grmountainman
    Bennymac
    Full Trucker
    Dan PDX
    The Suit
    Avg watts/kg? Or is this a no drop ride

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Patarero View Post
    Avg watts/kg? Or is this a no drop ride

Yes we keep it together. There is no fence or predetermined W/KG, but the group set its own rhythm last year.
    Our ride was:
    45-48 mins
    3 laps of 9km (5.8mikes)or 28km (17.4miles) total with 235m (771 feet) in elevation gain.
    Lap 1 = 2.0-2.4 w/kg
    Lap 2 = 2.3-2.6 w/kg
    Lap 3 = 2.4-2.9 w/kg
    With 3.7 km to go (2.2miles) we raced to the finish.

Yes we keep it together. There is no fence or predetermined W/KG, but the group set its own rhythm last year.
    Our ride was:
    45-48 mins
    3 laps of 9km (5.8mikes)or 28km (17.4miles) total with 235m (771 feet) in elevation gain.
    Lap 1 = 2.0-2.4 w/kg
    Lap 2 = 2.3-2.6 w/kg
    Lap 3 = 2.4-2.9 w/kg
    It is a fantastic ride, and it’s a fantastic thing Dee brings to this mini community of mags. Kept me sane last pandemic winter. I will definitely be back this year.

If you are on the fence, come on over. It’s super fun.

Our ride was:
    45-48 mins
    Lap 1 = 2.0-2.4 w/kg
    Lap 2 = 2.3-2.6 w/kg
    Lap 3 = 2.4-2.9 w/kg

Watopia Hilly Course? You guys do other courses or longer rides sometimes too?

パウダーバカ!!

Our ride was:
    45-48 mins
    Lap 1 = 2.0-2.4 w/kg
    Lap 2 = 2.3-2.6 w/kg
    Lap 3 = 2.4-2.9 w/kg
    Cool keep me posted

Dee - Just jumped back into Zwift yesterday and explored Makuri. The Castle KOM, if built into the right course, could be a really nice alternative to Innsbruck. It's a straight-forward power climb. Super easy to stick together when needed and might be long enough to make a separation if you push it.

https://whatsonzwift.com/world/makur...le-kom/forward

Great deal on a Smart Direct Drive trainer.
    I have this Kinetic R1 Direct Drive Bike Trainer
    It has performed flawless for me for 2 years since original set up. No signal drop outs, accurate power readings when compared directly to my crank based power meter.
    I have greased the freehub once to quiet it down a little, and tightened the tension belt after the initial brake in period. It wakes up and connects to Zwift every single time, even after trainer updates and Zwift updates.
    Their price came down $200 last winter when they had zero supply, and now its 20% off. I don't think there is a better direct drive smart trainer for under $600

Anybody up for a Saturday night ride 4:30pm EST, 5:30am Japan time? Got an hour before work and thought I would climb the mountain in Watopia minus Radio Tower. How about Sunday or Monday EST 4:30pm or later? I could start up to around 6:30pm EST if keen as I have two days off.

Wendigo you up for another climb?
    パウダーバカ!!

Anybody up for a Thursday arvo ride starting between 5pm and 6pm EST? I know that group rides will be starting in a month or so but if anyone is keen lemme know. I’ll try to do these Thursday and Saturday night EST, Friday and Sunday mornings JST.

パウダーバカ!!

Bump as I'm back on Zwift. Shitty year of riding for me, too much work stress and issues got me down. But I now have a paid sabbatical (not of my choosing), so I'm making the most of it and getting back in shape.

Found this at Home Depot yesterday for $19. Works well via phone app. I run two fans and plug them into this. Starting in a cold garage I can go 10 min and then kick on a single fan via the app. Add the second fan for intense workouts or racing.

See you kooks this winter.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Bump as I'm back on Zwift. Shitty year of riding for me, too much work stress and issues got me down. But I now have a paid sabbatical (not of my choosing), so I'm making the most of it and getting back in shape.

Found this at Home Depot yesterday for $19. Works well via phone app. I run two fans and plug them into this. Starting in a cold garage I can go 10 min and then kick on a single fan via the app. Add the second fan for intense workouts or racing.

See you kooks this winter.

I need this for my space heater. It gets really hard to motivate knowing you're walking into a freezing cold, detached, garage.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Not one more app for my phone. I desperately try to avoid such things although that looks pretty damn useful.

First test was a success. It does go to sleep so you have to touch it to wake it up. Then each plug has it's own toggle. I had this app and the companion app running. Jump from one to the other was easy.

Just plug the fucking things in and crank them to 11.
    crab in my shoe mouth