Page 78 of 107 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2656
    Sorry I haven't been around, but I haven't been on zwift in over a month and cancelled my subscription (although it hasn't actually ran out yet).

I'm probably slower than I was a month ago too. Between a lot of work and weather I haven't been riding quite as much as I'd like. Did do alright in our quick little local TT series though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I did the TOW-4 short ride this morning and was totally demoralized when I finally figured out why so many people were on mountain bikes.
    Yeah, I saw lots of mountain bikes as well... what's the deal with that? Would it have actually been that much easier or what?
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

This is old, and so is this, but mtn bikes are way faster on dirt. Personally, I'd pay a little extra one month for them to pave the jungle

So on the Stage 4 long route you hit the Jungle Section way late in the ride, can I switch to mountain bike mid ride and then switch back?

edit: I just went a practiced picking bike mid ride and knowing where mtn bike was in the lineup.

that will be a trick in itself doing the quick switch, I guess do it on the DH into jungle and then again on the DH once back on pavement

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    So on the Stage 4 long route you hit the Jungle Section way late in the ride, can I switch to mountain bike mid ride and then switch back?

edit: I just went a practiced picking bike mid ride and knowing where mtn bike was in the lineup.

that will be a trick in itself doing the quick switch, I guess do it on the DH into jungle and then again on the DH once back on pavement
    You have to be completely stopped moving to switch bikes. It takes 10 seconds to roll to a stop, so switch on a slight uphill and you’ll stop faster. Or use the A key (stop/brake) on your keyboard if using a laptop.

Yeah what Dee said. You stop pedaling and simultaneously hit the “A” key which brings you to the pairing screen (which you don’t need - this is just the quickest way to stop your avatar - your avatar has to be stopped before you can switch bikes).

You then hit the Ok to get out of the pairing screen and get yourself into the menu - once you click into the bike frame selector start pedaling before you choose your frame (Mtb or back to road frame). Choose your frame and exit out of the menu all the while pedaling your bike. This gets you back moving asap. With practice you can do it in 10 seconds.

There are good YouTube videos that explain it better than I just did. Truth be told it probably doesn’t save you tons of time if you have to switch to mtb and then later switch back to road. But the psychological benefit is big to me.

For the TOW short course “Serpentine 8” I think I will just try using mtb from the start rather than switch from road bike on the first flat.

*Correction - you have to choose your frame BEFORE you start pedaling otherwise it won't let you change the frame even if you are in the bike frame menu (it will grey them out until you stop pedaling)
    Last edited by bennymac; 04-15-2021 at 10:01 PM.

I'm going to miss today's ride after all. One of my coworkers scheduled an I-can't-miss-it meeting in that time slot, even though I have it blocked off in my calendar.

I never should have un-retired!

RE: Age of our TGR meetup group.
    There are 14 "core riders" that have made to at least 25% of the rides.
    The average age is of these 14 core riders is 46.9 years old.
    The oldest core rider is 58 yo
    The youngest of the core riders is 35 yo.
    Maybe this information will be some motivation....

I will do a full analytic evaluation on April 30th after the last official TGR meetup. That will include the data from the 42 meetup rides from Dec 1st to April 30th.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    RE: Age of our TGR meetup group.
    There are 14 "core riders" that have made to at least 25% of the rides.
    The average age is of these 14 core riders is 46.9 years old.
    The oldest core rider is 58 yo
    The youngest of the core riders is 35 yo.
    Maybe this information will be some motivation....

I will do a full analytic evaluation on April 30th after the last official TGR meetup. That will include the data from the 42 meetup rides from Dec 1st to April 30th.
    I am terrified of the results.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I am terrified of the results.
    I dont have any "race" results, or w/kg numbers.
    Just attendance numbers, average number of riders per meetup, number of individual riders. Stuff like that. (and maybe a list of who broke the uniform/sock height protocol).

Shit, I better start showing up so I can make the 25% cutoff for core riders.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Per our discussion during the Tuesday ride, I moved my external speakers. I'm using a metal prep table for my setup; I put the speakers on the bottom shelf, so there's a layer of stainless between the speakers and the laptop that I'm using. Hoping that makes a difference.

I got lucky today and joined TOW late, landing at the top of the Epic KOM climb... which meant I got to cruise downhill earning 40xp / km!

Quote Originally Posted by XtrPickels View Post
    I got lucky today and joined TOW late, landing at the top of the Epic KOM climb... which meant I got to cruise downhill earning 40xp / km!
    So does that now make you wizard, a paladin or an elf?

I also won’t make today’s ride. It’s tropical weather outside.

Just Full Trucker and Dee Hubbs tonight.
    We were having a fun spirited ride when my internet service dropped.
    Not even time for a photo tonight.
    Sorry dude.

Updating from my phone data.

Wondered what happened... I finished out Lap 2 and then called it. I got Pfizer #2 yesterday so I'm not feeling all that spry today but still wanted to get some blood flowing. Mellow pace for the most of the ride, grabbed a screen capture after Dee dropped. For some reason, if I get in the start corral for the ride less than 5 minutes from the start time, I get the annoying "Finding Riders" message on the screen for the entire ride.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-04-15_1623431.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	371696

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Fun ride tonight.
    4 of the regulars.
    Attachment 371501
    -Wendigo joining late
    -D.PDX with a”signal drop” and rejoining at the top of the climb (again this week)
    -EWG (F.T.)
    -Dee Hubbs.

The normal chat: spreadsheets, socks, Bluetooth signals, mileage, fitness, age, still skiing or now biking.

We joked about everyone’s age, and what we assumed was everyone’s age was (or hoped).
    I figured it would be fun to add an age column to my TGR Zwift spreadsheet, and get a real good overview (or rude awakening that it’s not 20yo wippersnappers beating you up every week)

See ya Thursday.
    Sorry I haven’t been making it. Been all goofed up since the weather is getting nicer here...starting to mix in outside running, still playing hockey, and riding the trainer a couple of days. I’m probably a no show for the remainder of the season till next fall...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

squeezed in the short and long routes as I think tomorrow is the last day for this stage?

Need to correct what I said in my earlier post about switching bikes - you cannot start pedaling when you enter the frame choice menu - you have to pick your new frame first and then start pedaling (you can start pedaling before you exit out of that menu) - I flubbed this on the way out of the jungle but I was all by myself from there to the finish so didn't cost me any places nor could I have caught the riders in front of me
    Last edited by bennymac; 04-15-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    squeezed in the short and long routes as I think tomorrow is the last day for this stage?
    You had two more days, it goes through Saturday.
    Stage 4 is 13th to 17th.
    Stage 5 is 18th to 22nd.

ok good to know Thanks! I may repeat the short route tomorrow for those sweet XP.

Saturday is for fatbiking in the snow before it melts.

You had two more days, it goes through Saturday.
    Stage 4 is 13th to 17th.
    Stage 5 is 18th to 22nd.
    Is the only way to get credit for doing a TOW route, to ride a group ride? Any chance one of the TGR group rides could be a TOW ride and count for it? Not that that would be fun, just curious if a person can set up their own ride on a TOW route and have it count.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Zwift, TR, Sufferfest etc

The Tour of Watopia “event” is what gains you the double XP points. You can’t create a meetup inside an event.
    You can create a meetup on any route, and can also make every other rider in that world visible, but it would negate the purpose of riding TOW for double XP points and the TOW badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Wondered what happened... I finished out Lap 2 and then called it. I got Pfizer #2 yesterday so I'm not feeling all that spry today but still wanted to get some blood flowing. Mellow pace for the most of the ride, grabbed a screen capture after Dee dropped. For some reason, if I get in the start corral for the ride less than 5 minutes from the start time, I get the annoying "Finding Riders" message on the screen for the entire ride.
    Feather hoarder

Zwift aside, congratulations on vax #2, I'm still waiting to be eligible for #1 out here in OR.

Stage 4 Longer ride is a tough one.
    Climbing Bike, then change to MTB once I hit the gravel, and back to an Aero Bike once I left the Jungle.
    I was not in the lead pack (or any pack) so it didn’t loose me a wheel.